Xbox One - Headphone Mic Not Working

Discus and support Xbox One - Headphone Mic Not Working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Howdy, I have an audeeo indulge wireless headset with a built-in microphone that I've been trying to use with my Xbox One. I'm aware that this is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by anon_475, Jan 27, 2023.

1. anon_475
    anon_475 Guest

Howdy,

I have an audeeo indulge wireless headset with a built-in microphone that I've been trying to use with my Xbox One.

• I'm aware that this is not a Bluetooth compatible device for the Xbox One and therefore use a headphone jack to connect my headset to my controller.
    • I am able to hear sounds and people talking but other people are unable to hear me and it seems the xbox is not recognising my mic talking.
    • I've tried updating the controller, making sure I'm not muted, turning up the audio volume, changing my privacy settings to allow communication, rebooting my xbox.
    • There is also no option to mute or unmute the mic on my headphones themselves as it is a built in mic.
    • My headset mic does work with my phone during phone calls so it definitely works.
    • I've also used another headset with a jack which does work proving its not an issue with the controller.
    • I've tried making a party with myself however the blue ring around my picture doesn't pulse when I talk.
    • I have the option to mute and unmute myself meaning my xbox knows that my headset is connected it just won't recognise me talking.

At this point I feel like there's nothing else to try. Please help me out.

:)

anon_475, Jan 27, 2023
  2. ILegitProdigy10 Win User

Xbox One to have adapter for current headsets

I have recently purchased an xbox one mic adapter for my android headphones. After few hours of using these headphones now I can only hear through one side. I've tried on other devices and it doesn't work there now. Microsft broke my headphones and now I
    have to buy new ones
  3. 1Average_Gamer Win User

Xbox One Controller trouble

Me personally i have headphones that came with my samsung note 9 and they are awesome headphones sound great but some reason mic doesn't work but mic works when they plugged into the phone and my controllers are up to date and i have more than one and
    its the same on all
  4. Tha Krazy One Win User

USB Microphone Supported On Xbox One

There are USB microphones that will work with the XBOX. One that works and is made for XBOX is the Turtle Beach Stream Mic. I personally have one and works great. Before purchasing it, I tried a BLUE Yet microphone which is USB and did not work. I
    am not aware if there are others that work but the Stream Mic works. It also has a PC app for some fine tuning and a headphone jack for Mic monitoring and game audio
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

your bluetooth headset with mic is designed for audio and talking via bluetooth, the cable that you can plug into your headset and then to the controller only enables audio not mic. lots of bluetooth headsets and headphones are the same, the option to plug in a cable is for audio only.
  6. CarTzy Win User

Hello,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

We’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Was this working before?
    • Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

If you’re having audio problems in parties, make sure the Xbox network is up and running. If it is, try these tips:

• Check that your privacy settings allow you to communicate with everyone
    • Unmute or unblock the person you’re trying to chat with
    • Check that you’ve joined party chat from within the party window
    • Check to make sure that you’re not in a Discord voice channel
    • Check for network latency or other network issues
    Troubleshoot audio problems in parties on Xbox

Troubleshoot audio problems in parties on Xbox | Xbox Support

Connect a compatible headset | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
Thema:

1. Xbox One - Headphone Mic Not Working - Similar Threads - Headphone Mic Working

2. Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S: I own Steelseries Arctis 5 wired headphones, which work perfectly well with my Windows PC. I recently bought a new XBox Series S, and played a few games. I wasn't aware there was a problem until I...
  3. bad sound on xbox wireless headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    bad sound on xbox wireless headphones: I have the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset - Wireless Headset Edition. I am very impressed with the sound while using them on my Win11 laptop and My Andoroid phone. However they absolutely suck on...
  4. Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t

in XboX Insiders
    Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t: So I bought the mic and have the newest Xbox. When I first got the headset it worked perfectly but then I took a break from Xbox and when I came back, the headphones still worked but the mic...
  5. Please help: looking for new headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Please help: looking for new headphones: Recently bought VOID RBG elite wireless headphones, but quickly realized they do not work with Xbox one. Looking for recommendations on headphones to use. I’ve been thinking of these two: turtle...
  6. How to turn off party chat on tv without having headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to turn off party chat on tv without having headphones: How can i turn the sound from party chat from going to my tv when my headset disconnects, i dont want any audio besides the game going threw the tv and my headphones disconnect a lot...
  7. Dolby Atmos for headphones issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones issue: Hi all, Recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Headset for my Series X . I paid for the for Dolby Atmos app but I am having an extremely annoying issue with the licence. It keeps advising that I...
  8. The mic of my Starfield Wireless Headphones has poor quality on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    The mic of my Starfield Wireless Headphones has poor quality on PC: I've seen in the reviews that the headphones are great quality on sound and mic, in my case the audio it's awesome but the mic it's not good, is this a general problem or just me?...
  9. My headset isn’t working even though I used 2 diff headphones and controllers but the mic...

in XboX Insiders
    My headset isn’t working even though I used 2 diff headphones and controllers but the mic...: When I go on Xbox accessories and press the 3 dot under my controller volume thing is grayed out submitted by /u/Smulgey [link] [comments]
  10. Wireless headphone mic broke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headphone mic broke: So it seems I am another victim of the defective headphone mic boom stick. Anyone any suggestions on how to get this sorted as the support line is pretty frustrating to deal with then you get cut...