Xbox One hdmi to vga with projector

Discus and support Xbox One hdmi to vga with projector in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a projector that does not have hdmi port and i also have a sound system that transfers sound throgh hdmi how do i get sound on there from my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EliHuggins, Feb 16, 2021.

1. EliHuggins
    EliHuggins Guest

I have a projector that does not have hdmi port and i also have a sound system that transfers sound throgh hdmi how do i get sound on there from my xbox one i got a vga cord to connect hdmi to xbox for it to project but i need sound from my soundbar that also needs hdmi

:)

EliHuggins, Feb 16, 2021
  2. dlCHIEF58 Win User

No HD AV cable support for Xbox 360 E

I can recommend the Cable Matters HDMI to VGA converter - bought one for my Xbox One to use with my projector that does not have HDMI. Works great with no issues.
  3. Internet Expert Win User

Converting Xbox One S HDMI to VGA + Audio

Your problem is occurring likely due to HDCP.

HDCP, or "High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection", is a DRM (Digital Rights Management) measure that encrypts the HDMI connection. VGA is unable to decode HDCP, as VGA is purely an analog connection, and cannot communicate digital code back and forth
    like HDMI can.

The Xbox One dynamically enables and disables HDCP, depending on what you're doing on the Xbox (gaming, watching a movie, etc), and I don't believe there's a way to totally disable HDCP.

If your projector is HDCP-compliant and has a DVI input, I'd suggest converting HDMI to DVI instead. Otherwise, you may need to get a new projector, preferably one that has an HDMI input.
  4. SteamyDog Win User

vga to cat5 settings

You will either need a long HDMI cable if your Xbox & projector supports it,

or an Xbox VGA cable

www.amazon.co.uk/.../B000AYYADE

VGA port is common on a projector, 6ft cable, you may get longer.

Or a component cable, but may not be long enough

www.amazon.co.uk/.../B000AYYADO

Yellow for the video and red and white for audio

Just change links to amazon.com for usa
  5. dlCHIEF58 Win User

Questions about Xbox 360 E Video Output

Since the E model does not support Component video or VGA video out of the video port (i.e. no cables made for it like the original and S models), you would need to get a HDMI converter. I use one that is HDMI to VGA on my Xbox One to my projector. If your
    TV does not have HDMI, then it would need component or VGA inputs in order to receive a HD signal. If you TV does not have those inputs, then you will need to upgrade your TV.

-

Also I should point out that the included video RCA cable included with the console is a composite cable, not component. Component cables are analog HD cables with the signal split into red, green and blue with each lead colored appropriately. What you
    referred to as component is in fact a composite cable.
  6. millermayhem Win User

Connector Question

an HDMI to DVI cable will work, Although the HP F2304 seems to be missing HDCP which is the security protocol for digital signals. Microsoft and some 3rd party vendors do/did make a VGA adapter that works exceedingly well. I used one for a CRT projector
    that had no digital inputs. A quick look at the microsoft store does not list the vga cable. But your local gaming retailer may have some in stock.
Thema:

1. Xbox One hdmi to vga with projector - Similar Threads - hdmi vga projector

2. VGA monitor says no signal when connected to xbox series s with hdmi to vga adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    VGA monitor says no signal when connected to xbox series s with hdmi to vga adapter: Hello, I just got my hmdi to vga adapter to play my xbox series s on my vga monitor but when i turn my xbox on it just says no signal please can someone help me as I'm not sure what to do....
  3. Hdmi/VGA

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hdmi/VGA: i normally use a vga cord and a pc monitor with my xbox but ive recently tried to use a regular hdmi cord and a tv with it but the screen stays blank. When i tried the vga on the monitor again...
  4. Xbox 360 - convert HDMI input to VGA or RCA output

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 - convert HDMI input to VGA or RCA output: I have an Xbox 360 and it is connected to an old TV. I have a bunch of games/videos on my laptop that i would like to show on the TV. I would like to use the Xbox to convert the incoming HDMI from...
  5. HDMI to VGA Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI to VGA Not Working: Today I brought a hdmi to dvi adapter to use for my monitor, I plug the hdmi cord into the adapter and nothing comes up, I even try to use another monitor and nothing comes up, I tried to go...
  6. HDMI Cable is detected as VGA On my TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI Cable is detected as VGA On my TV: So my little brother got an Xbox One and when we plugged everything in, the resolution was set to 640x480 and th HDMI that came with the xbox one had been detected as a VGA cable. I've looked...
  7. Converting Xbox One S HDMI to VGA + Audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Converting Xbox One S HDMI to VGA + Audio: Hello all, First time post. I'll dive right in. Got the new Xbox One S. Great. Works fine with a TV or anything that uses straight HDMI. Run into problems while trying to hook it up to and old...
  8. Can you get console banned for using a HDMI to VGA Converter on Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you get console banned for using a HDMI to VGA Converter on Xbox One?: Hello I have an issue that I have tried to resolve by all other methods. My issue it looks like can only be solved by this method, the issue at hand is text and so forth is appearing off screen on...
  9. HDMI for video and VGA for audio??

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI for video and VGA for audio??: Good day everyone I still have an ancient sound system that uses the L and R audio jacks from the A/V cable. If I can go about without buying a system that uses the S/PDIF I would be very happy!...
  10. Connecting Xbox 360 E to monitor using a HDMI to VGA adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting Xbox 360 E to monitor using a HDMI to VGA adapter?: Hi, I'm planning on connecting my Xbox 360 E console to my monitor using an HDMI to VGA adapter, found here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00879DM56/ I've looked up a lot of stuff online...