Xbox One hdmi connection issue, totally baffled

Discus and support Xbox One hdmi connection issue, totally baffled in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; OK, so I bought a second hand Xbox one. Cannot connect it to my TV via hdmi. So bought a new hdmi cable, but no joy. Plugged hdmi cable into laptop and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Daniel Young (daniel), Feb 4, 2019.

1. Xbox One hdmi connection issue, totally baffled

OK, so I bought a second hand Xbox one. Cannot connect it to my TV via hdmi. So bought a new hdmi cable, but no joy. Plugged hdmi cable into laptop and shows on TV. Amazon firestick also works on the same hdmi slot on the TV so that works. Took xbox back
    to where purchased and it worked straight away on their tv!

So the xbox works, the hdmi cable works, and the tv works - just not all 3 of them together which is beyond frustrating.

I have tried the cold boot and also the reset xbox hardware to low resolution boot and neither have worked!

Love some help please

Dan

:)

Daniel Young (daniel), Feb 4, 2019
  2. RandyAU93 Win User

Hmmmm, is your TV set to auto-detect the format of the signal? You may want to see if it can be set to 1080p instead of letting the TV figure it out.
  3. Tormaz Win User

Hello!

If it works with your Xbox, with your HDMI, on their TV, it indicates it's something with your TV. I'm guessing there's most likely some sort of input or configuration setting that's causing it to not display.
  4. GingerNinjaPmc Win User

should I get BRINK?

i agree it totally baffled me and still is
  5. FlintyGull79 Win User

What format to use ?

Try connecting the Xbox One HDMI Cable to HDMI 1 and see if that fixes the issue!
  6. ScottEasykill Win User

Please help me my Xbox One keeps turning off on its own

My xbox one is having this same issue so I am baffled.
Thema:

1. Xbox One hdmi connection issue, totally baffled - Similar Threads - hdmi connection issue

2. What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?: I recently purchased a Samsung G85SB gaming monitor. Only after being delivered did I realize it doesn’t have an HDMI port only mini DP, a micro hdmi and a type c input. I could buy adapters to...
  3. My xbox 1 s isn't connecting to the hdmi cables.

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox 1 s isn't connecting to the hdmi cables.: My xbox 1 s isn't connecting to the TV. I know it's not the HDMI cables bc they are brand new and works with other appliances. The slots for the xbox are okay and doesn't seem to have a problem...
  4. My Xbox one x won't connect to my TV I tried switching HDMI cables and even HDMI ports, I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one x won't connect to my TV I tried switching HDMI cables and even HDMI ports, I...: My Xbox one x won't connect to my TV. I tried switching, cable, switching ports, switching tvs it's like it's not putting out a video signal is there anything I can do?...
  5. VGA monitor says no signal when connected to xbox series s with hdmi to vga adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    VGA monitor says no signal when connected to xbox series s with hdmi to vga adapter: Hello, I just got my hmdi to vga adapter to play my xbox series s on my vga monitor but when i turn my xbox on it just says no signal please can someone help me as I'm not sure what to do....
  6. What devices can be connected to the HDMI IN FROM SAT/CABLE connector on the xbox one S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What devices can be connected to the HDMI IN FROM SAT/CABLE connector on the xbox one S?: What devices can be connected to the HDMI IN FROM SAT/CABLE connector on the xbox one S? Where can I see pictures of what I bring to it? 58077503-9396-4b70-ab59-d728e3e96585
  7. Is there a way to connect my Xbox to my laptop screen using HDMI

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to connect my Xbox to my laptop screen using HDMI: does anybody know of any ways to connect my Xbox to my laptop screen using HDMI . I heard there used to be an Xbox companion app to which I found out it was discontinued . does anyone know of any...
  8. HDMI connection not working every time I load up Red Dead Redemption 2 and Farcry 6, but if...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI connection not working every time I load up Red Dead Redemption 2 and Farcry 6, but if...: Every time I try to load Red Dead Redemption 2 and Farcry 6 the HDMI connection from my Xbox to the TV stops working and leaves the game running in the background but stops the TV from showing the...
  9. I have no sound when I connect my Xbox one to my JVC 4k QLED tv, I've tried changing HDMI...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have no sound when I connect my Xbox one to my JVC 4k QLED tv, I've tried changing HDMI...: I have no sound when I connect my Xbox one to my JVC 4k QLED tv, I've tried changing HDMI ports etc but to no avail...help please?! 414ddbaa-bf63-4a34-b7b2-c036068aa54b
  10. Why can my 165 hz moniter only run 60hz on xbox but when the hdmi cable is connected to my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my 165 hz moniter only run 60hz on xbox but when the hdmi cable is connected to my...: When I connect my hdmi cable to my laptop my mobiter can run the correct hertz but when connected to my xbox I can only run 60 hz they both run 1080p and I have an xbox one...