Xbox One - Gold Membership trials no longer working on the Xbox360 emulator.

Discus and support Xbox One - Gold Membership trials no longer working on the Xbox360 emulator. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All, Ran into some sort of a strange problem this week, i have had a couple of Xbox Live codes spare for a while, and decided to use one on an old... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JayeSutton, Oct 2, 2019.

1. JayeSutton
    JayeSutton Guest

Hi All,

Ran into some sort of a strange problem this week, i have had a couple of Xbox Live codes spare for a while, and decided to use one on an old account so i could play online with some old friends, this worked for the newer Xbox One platform, however when
    switching into the Xbox360 Emulator it doesn't seen to detect a gold subscription, and gives the 'This profile is not allowed to play on Xbox Live' message.

Now, this is happening on a couple of games, the membership trial is active as it works outside of the Emulator online, for example Black Ops 4 works fine, and Modern Warfare 2 & Black Ops 2 do not, and have the same message.

I have deleted the profiles from the 360 Emulator storage, and also from the console completely, and re-installed both games, same problem.

Has something been changed on Microsoft's end to make trials 'Xbox One inclusive ONLY' which then leaves out the 360 platform limiting what games you could actually play? - As far as i'm aware these codes are Membership trials, and do not have such limitations
    (Except the games with gold availability)

I have tried this on another account also, in which i had the same problem. - Both trials used, and still not able to play the game i wanted to originally play! - Also this means i need to wait for this trial to end BEFORE i can start a official Gold membership
    which is bizzarre!!!!

Can anyone help with this, or point me in the right direction?

Cheers.

:)

JayeSutton, Oct 2, 2019
  2. Yombi Win User

I think the trial is only working on Xbox One.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Jaye,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums.

I tried to get more information on why this could be occurring and mostly what it points to is that the trial subscriptions may only be used for the intended console which they were made for. Depending on how old those codes are, they may not be fully recognized
    as full subscriptions when using the Xbox 360 emulator when playing backwards compatible games on the Xbox One. I'm not entirely sure, but it could be possible to play those 360 games on an actual Xbox 360 while using a trial subscription.

I believe you are able to start a normal subscription even while you have a trial activated, it will just convert once your trial time ends. I recommend contacting Xbox customer support over the phone to help you further with your subscriptions:

1. Contact us here
    2. Select Xbox One
    3. Select See other options
    4. Select Payment & billing under Account management
    5. Select show contact options and go to step 4
    6. Select Request a call from Support if available within hours of operation or there should be a number for you to call and hours of operation for your region

I hope this helps!
  4. ngocphi Win User

That would be correct

There are a.limited selection of games that support the trial on 360 and only on non ranked matches

However the xbox one games doesnt have the restrictions

This has no effect on bc titles which are still regulated by the 360 marketplace rules
  5. FearedNightmare Win User

Free Month goldmembership gone

Hello

Unfortunately it is intended that Trials do not stack
    with existing memberships. It's also mentioned on the support page Xbox Live Gold trial memberships

Notes

• The Xbox Live Gold trial membership is associated with a single gamertag.
    • You can't add an Xbox Live Gold trial membership to an existing membership.
    • Only three trial accounts are available per console. This limitation cannot be reset.
    • After a user has created three trial accounts on their console, the user no longer receives a message that provides the opportunity to create an Xbox Live Gold trial account.
    • To sign up for the Xbox Live Gold trial membership, you must add a payment method to your account.
    This also works in a vice versa way meaning that if you have a trial membership it will be lost if you purchase a gold membership
  6. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

Question about the free 1 month Xbox Gold trial

Hello there Chips237 Overview

The Xbox LIVE Gold trial membership provides temporary access to the features of Xbox LIVE, including online multiplayer gaming.

When you set up an Xbox One or Xbox 360 console, you follow an account creation sign-up process so that you can access Xbox Live Free membership features, assuming that you have a broadband Internet connection. At the end of the account creation process,
    you can upgrade to a Gold membership. If you don’t upgrade, you can receive a free Gold trial.

The Gold trial is associated with a single gamertag and can’t be added to an existing membership. A total of three trial accounts are available per console, and this limitation cannot be reset. After a user has created three trial accounts, the user no longer
    receives a message that provides the opportunity to create a Gold trial account.

To use the Gold trial, you must add a payment instrument to your account.

At the end of the trial period, the Gold trial membership automatically renews to a paying membership that renews monthly by default. The membership will renew to the payment instrument that was added.

For information about membership renewal, see Learn how to manage auto-renewal for your Xbox Live Gold membership or Xbox Music Pass".
    To learn how to turn off automatic renewal, see "Cancel your Xbox Live Gold (paid) membership".
Thema:

1. Xbox One - Gold Membership trials no longer working on the Xbox360 emulator. - Similar Threads - Gold Membership trials

2. Using a 14-day trial of GP Ultimate when I already have Gold membership

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using a 14-day trial of GP Ultimate when I already have Gold membership: My son recently replaced his controller after the mic jack of BOTH controllers that came with our game system broke within 4 months of starting to use mic/headphones (THAT is a design flaw issue I...
  3. One month free trial of Xbox live gold membership

in XBoX on Consoles
    One month free trial of Xbox live gold membership: I have created my microsoft account a few years ago and I was supposed to get a 1 month free trial of Xbox live gold. Is there a way to get a 1 month free trial of Xbox live gold on my Xbox 360...
  4. Live Gold trial membership

in XBoX on Consoles
    Live Gold trial membership: I just got my son an Xbox One S. Included in the nox was a trial membership for Live Gold. I redeemed the code through my Iphone app. My question is how do I activate it, where on the Xbox do i...
  5. free trial gold membership

in XBoX Games and Apps
    free trial gold membership: now I have been having serious issues ever since I got my xbox in terms of wanting the free trail and my god I cant even get into Microsoft account for that simple issue with xbox 360 live and I...
  6. it won't let me redeem code 14 days gold membership trial

in XBoX on Consoles
    it won't let me redeem code 14 days gold membership trial: XBOS-3010 f913ed54-ce98-47d2-8cbd-24b69d2d2a95 2018/01/04 - 01:13:58 UTC 698d5300-cc68-4036-b939-e72f7dcf866e
  7. Free trial xbox360 gold membership

in XBoX on Consoles
    Free trial xbox360 gold membership: hey I am a new member to the Xbox team I would like to get that free trial subscription for one month to Xbox 360 is there anyone that can point me in the right direction or help me out and some...
  8. gold membership trial not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    gold membership trial not working: ive tried to put my 2 day xbox live trial code in the redeem place but I keep getting the error code: XBOS-3010 ee3342f4-98b5-4ebf-941a-ce9c348b2e1f and when I search for the code it cant find...
  9. Gold membership trial???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gold membership trial???: i recently set up a new account on a 360 console and was given the opportunity to get a gold trial but because I didn't have credit card details I wasn't given the months trial,how am I meant to...
  10. I got a xBox Live Gold membership trial, but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got a xBox Live Gold membership trial, but...: It won't let me play Overwatch, I've tried a hard reset on the console, plus I've deleted my account and added it back to my xBox, but it still won't let me play Overwatch. I can't cancel the...