Xbox One gamepad disconnects after connecting other controller.

Discus and support Xbox One gamepad disconnects after connecting other controller. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I've aquired an Xbox One gamepad and I was hoping to play using it along with one other, non xbox controller. Apparently, every time I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AriFrost, Nov 12, 2022.

1. AriFrost
    AriFrost Guest

Hello,

Recently I've aquired an Xbox One gamepad and I was hoping to play using it along with one other, non xbox controller. Apparently, every time I plug in that other controller the Xbox one stops working and starts blinking as if it lost connection. I can't get it to work no matter what I try and the Xbox pad starts working only after I disconnect the other controller first.

Can anyone help with this? I may be missing something obvious.

Kind Regards

:)

AriFrost, Nov 12, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this AriFrost

Exists the possibility that this other controller is the one that's causing the problems.

What controller is this non-xbox controller? Is a generic one?

In the meantime tell me:

Are you using Windows 10 or 11?

Did you tried updating the Xbox one controller firmware?

Did you tried connecting a different controller to see if something similar happens ? (I mean, instead of this non-xbox controller)
  3. AriFrost Win User

To clarify, I'm using a PC ,not Xbox.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, that was an unexpected solution
    Thanks for letting me know that!

Don't hesitate to reach the community forums if you need help in the future
    For now take care and have a good day
  5. AriFrost Win User

Yes Xbox wireless adapter, and yes I am using Steam.

I managed to figure out what the problem was, it appears USB ports on the front of my PC are not 100% fine (unstable voltage of something). When connecting one controller to the front panel and one in the back, directly to the motherboard it worked, so the issue is resolved
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Do you mean the Xbox wireless adapter?

And, may I know if you have a re-mapping controller program installed in your PC? (Like Steam or DS4Windows)
Thema:

1. Xbox One gamepad disconnects after connecting other controller. - Similar Threads - gamepad disconnects connecting

2. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  3. Xbox gamepad share button does not working PC (Bluetooth).

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamepad share button does not working PC (Bluetooth).: Hello. Share button does work with cable plugged In but when through Bluetooth does not. Yesterday was all OK. And in game after pressing share button, pointer starts to freak out and control...
  4. Is It Time for the Next Xbox Controller Gamepad to Be the Dream Gamepad Incorporating the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is It Time for the Next Xbox Controller Gamepad to Be the Dream Gamepad Incorporating the...: Hello Microsoft friends. Suggesting that next Xbox gamepad controller this year be it the Elite or the regular Xbox Series have all that gamers want but all leveled up to 3 levels: a) all the...
  5. X3 gamepad bluetooth code for a newly installed windows pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    X3 gamepad bluetooth code for a newly installed windows pc: [img] i want to connect a X3 controller to my pc via Bluetooth and its asking for a pin yesterday it connected without any pin but this time its asking for pin i tried the one time code(OTP)...
  6. getting error 48 driver has been disabled for a brand new xbox gamepad for my PC running...

in XBoX on Consoles
    getting error 48 driver has been disabled for a brand new xbox gamepad for my PC running...: getting error 48 driver has been disabled for a brand new xbox gamepad for my PC running windows 11, driver installing the relevant cab, no joy. Any help woud be appreciated....
  7. Attached gamepad not working in xbox remote play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Attached gamepad not working in xbox remote play: When I try using the gamepad attached to my device this pops up and the support page links to the default xbox support page and nothing helpful, is there any way to fix it? [img]...
  8. Unity gamepad rumble issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unity gamepad rumble issue: I used new unity input system to use gamepad. And I can get input from that. But I can't vibrate gamepad, because Gamepad.current returns NULL so i can't use SetMotorSpeeds method. I'm sure my...
  9. while playing on pc on xbox X | S wireless gamepad it disconnects itself and reconnects but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    while playing on pc on xbox X | S wireless gamepad it disconnects itself and reconnects but...: while playing on pc through gamepad xbox (connected by adapter from xbox) it disconnects and then connects, but no longer works although the xbox button is lit, and after that it does not work...
  10. Xbox series gamepad constantly disconnecting from bluetooth. PC Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series gamepad constantly disconnecting from bluetooth. PC Windows 11: Hi. As a title says, Xbox series gamepad constantly disconnecting from bluetooth on PC Windows 11. Haven't seen this behaviour via cabel. Or maybe it restarts itself. After it reconnects to PC,...