Xbox One game version instead of Series S/X

Discus and support Xbox One game version instead of Series S/X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought the Callisto Protocol game for Xbox One instead of Xbox Series S by mistake, what can I do? May I upgrade to the S series somehow? Thanks... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Alex Anishchenko, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Xbox One game version instead of Series S/X

I bought the Callisto Protocol game for Xbox One instead of Xbox Series S by mistake, what can I do? May I upgrade to the S series somehow?

Thanks

:)

Alex Anishchenko, Dec 5, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

Call Of Duty Cold War Cross Gen Edition vs Smart Delivery

All Xbox One games can be played on the Series S/X via backwards compatibility. Kind of like how you can play 360 games on the One now. You would be playing the One version of the games.

With Cross Gen Editions/Smart Delivery, you're buying the One version and get an upgrade to the Series S/X version of the game when you get the new console instead of having to buy the Series S/X version and you an take advantage of some of the upgraded
    features.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Why is my NBA 2k23 still Current Gen on the Xbox One when I paid for the X|S version?

They released that game as a One version and as a Series S/X version. The Series S/X version will only work on a Series S/X.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Harry Potter legacy XlS won’t install on my Xbox one S

The Series S/X version will only work on the Xbox Series S/X, not the Xbox One. You would need the Xbox One version of the game.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox Series X recognising game as Xbox One Version

It's very easy how to check which version of the game you bought. Check the game case. If it says, Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S, then you have the Xbox One version of the game. If it just says Xbox Series X|S, then you have the Xbox Series X|S version.
  6. DojoMax Win User

Will NBA 2k24 for Xbox series X game disc work on my Xbox one? Are series X games compatible with One consoles or only vice versa?

NO! Unlike some games that have an Xbox One version that will upgrade to the the S|X version if you put it in a series X, NBA2K for S|X is a complete different version than the Xbox One version and it will not work if you put the disc inside of an Xbox One. Xbox One cannon run a Series X game and putting a Series X disc inside an X1 will not install the X1 version.
Thema:

Xbox One game version instead of Series S/X

1. Xbox One game version instead of Series S/X - Similar Threads - game version instead

2. NBA 2k24 Xbox series x version Cross play issue on PC cloud gaming via the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    NBA 2k24 Xbox series x version Cross play issue on PC cloud gaming via the Xbox app.: I’m playing the next gen version of NBA 2k24 on PC via cloud gaming on the Xbox app. I’ve been playing cross platform with my friend for 3 weeks now. Since yesterday I have not been able to play...
  3. Buying a code for a delisted version of a game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Buying a code for a delisted version of a game.: I was considering purchasing a digital code for the Deluxe Edition of Resident 4. However, that version has been delisted and replaced with the Gold Version. If I purchase the code for the deluxe...
  4. Ark Survival Evolved - PC Game Pass version and Xbox version do not match

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ark Survival Evolved - PC Game Pass version and Xbox version do not match: I am playing Evolved on PC through PC Game Pass. My version, displayed on the bottom left of the main menu, is 962.5. The person I am trying to play with on a non-dedicated server is on an Xbox...
  5. is it possible to get games that i have cd's for just the digital version as the cds are...

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it possible to get games that i have cd's for just the digital version as the cds are...: when i try downloading the games it just stops midway and says installation stopped now i dont know if this is a problem with the cd or with the disk drive (xbox one)...
  6. What is the different between hogwarts legacy series one version game disc play on the xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What is the different between hogwarts legacy series one version game disc play on the xbox...: frame rate? image quality? 4b75aa20-819a-4ed2-9d87-8087e84086aa
  7. How do i install a game I own instead of the Game Pass version?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i install a game I own instead of the Game Pass version?: I bought the Conan Complete Edition and when I try to install it Game Pass installs the Game Pass version of the base game along with my DLCs that are included with the complete edition. I've...
  8. How to switch versions on dual generational games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to switch versions on dual generational games: I own the disc version of EAFC 24 and on the cover it has that you can play on Xbox One and Xbox Series X. All my friends play on the Xbox One version while I’m on the Series X version. When I go...
  9. Selecting wrong saved cloud game (using newer version instead of older)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Selecting wrong saved cloud game (using newer version instead of older): So I accidentally clicked on a newer version of my COD account instead of my older version on the cloud. Is there any way to revert this so I can have my old original account back? Thanks for any...
  10. game only installing 100mb version instead of full game

in XBoX on Consoles
    game only installing 100mb version instead of full game: I am trying to download the full game of monster hunter monster hunter world however when I do this it only downloads a 100mb file size version of he game even tho in ready to install it says the...