Xbox one game update issues

Discus and support Xbox one game update issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i have had my console for a few weeks now and everything was fine. Now when i try to update a game, i get the message: there was a problem with the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xPr0d1gyXk1llz, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Xbox one game update issues

So i have had my console for a few weeks now and everything was fine. Now when i try to update a game, i get the message: there was a problem with the update. This is the same message that some people have been experiencing with the day one patch, but I
    haven't seen anybody post about how to fix it when the game is involved. I have tried the power cycling thing, though im not sure if i am doing it correctly. My network is fine and i just can't seem to see what the trouble is? Any help would be appreciated.

:)

xPr0d1gyXk1llz, Jan 5, 2014
  2. turk3y
    turk3y Guest
    Update.!

version number? Xbox one game update issues ;)

the "official" list is

This update addresses the following:

• Addresses SmartGlass issues for some users when coming in and out of connected standby
    • Addresses multiplayer issues for some users when re-joining games
    • Addresses issues with inconsistent notifications for some users
    • Addresses dashboard performance for some users
    • Offers improvements for Xbox One’s TV, system update, and content update services for scaling over time
    • Updated wireless networking driver to improve connectivity issues for some users
    Xbox One System Update | Xbox One System - Xbox.com

turk3y, Jan 5, 2014
  3. Xbox quitting game and returning to home screen randomly

I have called Microsoft Support. This issue started for me yesterday with NBA2k14 only. I reinstalled the game and the same issue occurred. The Microsoft Support Rep. had told me that the issue is with 2k servers and that their was possibly a patch or update on the website. I did not find one. You may need to check the game manufacterers for updates. uninstalling and reinstalling should prompt the update but if they are having server issues then we may need to wait until their server issues are fixed to attempt the update again. If its an issue with your xbox then you may want to put in a service ticket.

THREE6KILLAH77, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Xbox one game update issues

Hey there,

Welcome to the forums

Unfortunately you have posted within the Xbox 360 support forums, instead of the Xbox One Forums. This could explain why you could not find anything.

I would recomendfollowing these steps within these article to try and fix your problem

support.xbox.com/.../troubleshoot-system-updates

Hope this helps, but please be sure to post back your results.

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jan 5, 2014
  5. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

Hey there,

Welcome to the forums

Unfortunately you have posted within the Xbox 360 support forums, instead of the Xbox One Forums. This could explain why you could not find anything.

I would recomendfollowing these steps within these article to try and fix your problem

support.xbox.com/.../troubleshoot-system-updates

Hope this helps, but please be sure to post back your results.

Regards,
  6. Shadowskill08 Win User

Thanks Microsoft! What the heck ? Update and now I cant run Black ops 4??

Sorry to hear you're having issues with a game update. Have you tried setting your xbox up to keep games and apps up-to-date? This will have your xbox downloading game updates in the background and hopefully keep this issue from happening going forward.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/update-xbox-one-console.
  7. Fatal x Hybrid Win User

Xbox one game update issues (Corrupt)

Hello Mister Beep, The code is 0x80070079 and i believe he installs the game (Via Disc) then it asks for a patch in order to play and during the install of that patch it corrupts and/or wont load any game.

As stated above he returned 1 xbox one for a different unit as thought that was the faulty but still gets the same issue.
  8. Mister Beep Win User

Xbox one game update issues (Corrupt)

Hey there Fatal x Hybrid!

Tell your friend we're sorry to hear about the games issues! When you say the games 'corrupt', what exactly occurs? Getting that exact error code would be the best way we can help, however, I'll give some general troubleshooting steps as well. First have
    him power cycle and clear persistent storage. Here are the steps to do both of those!

To clear persistent storage, follow these steps:

• Press the menu button on your Xbox One controller and select 'Settings'.
    • In the Settings menu, select Disc & Blu-ray settings.
    • From here, select Persistent storage and clear it.
    To do a full power cycle, follow these steps:

• Press and hold the power button on the Xbox One console for 10 seconds.
    • Once the unit is powered off, unplug the power cable from the Xbox One and let it sit for 5 minutes.
    • Plug the power back into the unit and power the console on.
    If both of those steps do not help him, have him try Uninstalling and Reinstalling the games that are affected.

Share those troubleshooting steps with your buddy and let us know if that helps him! Try to get the exact error code he is experiencing as well! :)
  9. {Parity} Win User

Issue with game updates Xbox one s

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart
    the console.
Thema:

1. Xbox one game update issues - Similar Threads - game update issues

2. How do I fix issues with game updates and being unable to login to my account after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix issues with game updates and being unable to login to my account after...: My Xbox One console isn't working properly. First I tried to complete an update on EAFC24 which was 3.5GB and it kept freezing and updating for a second or two at a time then freezing for another...
  3. Microsoft Ultimate Word Games app update issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Ultimate Word Games app update issue: Today, I received an update for the Game. Afterwards the game would not load. I then restored my PC back earlier and then in Microsoft Store app turned off updates. Microsoft you screwed up...
  4. Game updating issues, slowed/stopped progress (Xbox Series X)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game updating issues, slowed/stopped progress (Xbox Series X): I've got a Series X and I live in a rural area with poor/limited internet so downloads typically take several hours for large files (I use ethernet for best connection because of it). Recently I...
  5. Forced console update mid-game? Still an issue after so many years!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forced console update mid-game? Still an issue after so many years!!: I have seen so many complaints about this and I have encountered this too many times. Was doing basic training in Gotham Knights (doing the checklist) and in the middle of performing this I got a...
  6. Xbox Series X Game Update Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X Game Update Issue: Everytime I have to update a game, the download will not start unless I restart the conosle. And then the whole game is being donwloaded again. I have to wait 3 to 5 hours everytime an update...
  7. Issue with the new Dashboard; updated with the latest beta release and now the game art...

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with the new Dashboard; updated with the latest beta release and now the game art...: Like the title says, after the Beta update yesterday, the game art doesn't change when cycling through games, I tried resetting the background to default but still can't get it to work. Possible...
  8. Issue with downloading and updating games

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with downloading and updating games: Hello all, I just got off a support chat with someone from the community that told me to post this issue in here so I apologize if this is the wrong area but Janice V has asked me to post here. I...
  9. I have a big issue with updating and downloading games

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a big issue with updating and downloading games: I noticed that when I update a game it starts off good but then my mbps starts dropping by a lot and it stop my update and download and a error pops up the error code is (0x87e00005) when i press...
  10. cannot download new games on Xbox after update and issue error

in XBoX on Consoles
    cannot download new games on Xbox after update and issue error: We downloaded call of duty modern warfare and then got a system error so we did the steps as suggested on Xbox troubleshooting by unplugging with clicking the eject button and the other left...