Xbox One Game Freeze - Returns To Xbox One Dashboard

Discus and support Xbox One Game Freeze - Returns To Xbox One Dashboard in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I purchased an Xbox One last week and have had quite a lot of issues with it. Not sure whether i've got a faulty console or if something can be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Stubea20, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Stubea20
    Stubea20 Guest

Hi,

I purchased an Xbox One last week and have had quite a lot of issues with it. Not sure whether i've got a faulty console or if something can be fixed. Would greatly appreciate any advice given as it seems the discs are fine.

The three games I have purchased are GTA 5 (Disc), Forza 6 (Disc) and Fifa 16 (Download with console). All games were fully installed and updated before playing.

For Forza and GTA 5, I can usually get around 10 minutes of play out of each game. after which each game freezes with a dud-dud-dud noise repeated from the speaker (lasting 10 seconds) - the Xbox One dashboard then pops up with the game image in the window.

Fifa 16 (downloaded) hasn't been as bad as this, however it has still crashed (after about 30mins of play) - same result of thudding noise and dashboard.

I have followed Microsoft's troubleshooting pages for freezing games (restarting, rebooting, testing network, trying different account, disc issues but nothing seems to resolve the problem).

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/games/game-freeze-solution

I'd greatly appreciate any help or advice given to resolve this.

Kind regards,

Stuart

:)

Stubea20, Dec 28, 2015
  2. Radiated Jay
    Radiated Jay Guest
    XBOX PREVIEW DASHBOARD APP NOT WORKING!!!

I just downloaded the Xbox Preview Dashboard App for Xbox One but after launching, the app freezes and returns to the home screen when the "Join" button is selected. Anyone else having this issue?

Radiated Jay, Dec 28, 2015
  3. COD 2 HALO
    COD 2 HALO Guest
    Cod aw crash

Same issue here OP. My xbox freezes during mp then it's followed by a buzzing sound and reboots or kicks me to the dashboard!!!! Going to return my unit for another one today or tomorrow at game stop.

COD 2 HALO, Dec 28, 2015
  4. Xbox One Game Freeze - Returns To Xbox One Dashboard

Stuart,

Has this problem been occurring during online play or just single-player?

Regards,

David

Oparr the Great, Dec 30, 2015
  5. Oparr the Great Win User

Stuart,

Has this problem been occurring during online play or just single-player?

Regards,

David
  6. COD 2 HALO Win User

Cod aw crash

Same issue here OP. My xbox freezes during mp then it's followed by a buzzing sound and reboots or kicks me to the dashboard!!!! Going to return my unit for another one today or tomorrow at game stop.
  7. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

No reproduce el juego [Does not play the game]

Hi Giovanni,

Thanks for reaching out to us! We understand it can be frustrating when games do not work the way they should. So, Gears of War 4 loads but returns back to the dashboard or does it return to the beginning of the game start menu? Is it just Gears of War 4
    that does this action or does this happen with other games as well?

Please check out the following link regarding games freezing or crashing:
    My Xbox One game won’t start or freezes during gameplay

I hope this helps!
  8. COD 2 HALO Win User

AND WHAT REALLY GETS ME MAD!!!!!!

I'm officially off the Xbox One version of the game. Since downloading the game my XBOX ONE freezes, makes a buzzing sound and shuts down and restarts or exits to the dashboard!!!!!
  9. Mister Fitzer Win User

Xbox freezes when I go in to play purchased maps.

Okay, what game is this occurring in? Is it multiple games? At what point does the Xbox 360 freeze, exactly? And can you return to the dashboard when that happens, or do you have to restart the system?
Thema:

1. Xbox One Game Freeze - Returns To Xbox One Dashboard - Similar Threads - Game Freeze Returns

2. Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing: It's a little confusing how I explain it, but I'll explain what I can, so this is how every time I play games that are considered heavy, such as COD Modern Warfare 2019, Ghost of Tsushima, and...
  3. Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?: I have an Xbox One S and I downloaded a game yesterday. It was queued up for installation before I turned off the Xbox. Now, when I try to start anything, an error pops up saying the app was...
  4. Minecraft screen freezes while the game is still running

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft screen freezes while the game is still running: When I play Minecraft everything is perfect until at one point the screen freezes while in reality the game continues to run so that I hear the voices of villagers, animals, water, etc. I tried...
  5. All of my PC games keep freezing. Looking for any recommendations

in XBoX on Windows
    All of my PC games keep freezing. Looking for any recommendations: everywhere I look for answers to this problem, they keep telling me to update my display drivers (every driver on my pc is up to date and windows says there are no updates). Every game I try goes...
  6. Xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 freezing on login screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 freezing on login screen: I bought a game of the Xbox one shop that was a 360 game so when I play it I have to login to an Xbox live account. My account is already on it but I didn’t have the password on my Xbox so after I...
  7. I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...: I ran a stick drift test and it has none so it is something to do with cloud gaming. Anyone have any clue on what's going on and how to fix it? d13755ae-ae21-4815-9147-b9d6e76b5e39
  8. Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...: My Xbox will sometimes continuously load on the start up screen for 10-20 minutes maybe more or just won’t load at all. After resetting it multiple times and unplugging it will still sometimes do...
  9. freeze games in xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    freeze games in xbox series s: Hello i play with xbox series s from one month ago games freeze for 3 second some times in all games (even single player games ) this don't happen in dashboard I did everything, even factory...
  10. Can't watch Xbox store game trailers for more than one minute without freezing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't watch Xbox store game trailers for more than one minute without freezing.: Last thread was locked and I couldn't reply. Issue had Not been fixed. Please fix the streaming of trailers so they don't freeze at 1min mark. Other game consoles I have no issues. Multiple people...