Xbox One Game Disc always spinning

Discus and support Xbox One Game Disc always spinning in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm sure this issue has come up before but, I can't find this despite extensive searching... After installing a game from disc on my Xbox One X, the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by YosemiteSam78, Nov 12, 2020.

  1. Xbox One Game Disc always spinning


    I'm sure this issue has come up before but, I can't find this despite extensive searching...

    After installing a game from disc on my Xbox One X, the disc is constantly spinning loudly. It's so bad it's driving me nuts! I thought that once a game has been installed from disc that it would no longer need to check the validity of the disc except on
    start up. So, why is it never spinngin down? It's like playing a game in a hurricane!

    :)
     
    YosemiteSam78, Nov 12, 2020
    #1
  2. SentinelRax Win User

    Disc spins when playing installed game from memory

    The Xbox always spins the disc, whether the game is installed or not, as a way of authenticating the game disc.

    It's nothing to worry about unless the disc is still spinning after about 6 minutes.
  3. MattKV1 Win User

    Disc spinning always

    Hello ThaHammer08,

    I know that some installed games still periodically refer back to the gaming disc to ensure it's still in the console, and other games still load things from the disc while in-game.

    If for some reason your console is affected by this and not working right, you may need to look into a warranty repair if your console is still under warranty. You can check that out here: support.xbox.com/.../repair-process

    If your console is not still under warranty, an additional repair fee will be required in order for Microsoft to service it. I personally have an older Xbox 360 console, and even with having installed some games on my hard drive, my drive still spins while
    I'm playing at times.

    I hope this helps, and good luck!
  4. J289 Win User

    To install or not to install...

    And it makes your xbox quieter because the disc wont spin in the disc tray !

    I always install my game if im going to play it a lot.
  5. BuzzingPlum421 Win User

    Titanfall not working on xbox 360

    why the game is not installed on the hard drive? why the game disc is always spinning in the drive?
  6. J Rizzle da 3rd Win User

    Disc drive always spinning

    Really not in a position to put a $500 hold on a credit card. And I've had several friends that have had nightmares (with 360 though) with getting exchange consoles that were in worse condition then the ones they sent in.

    But hmm, I'm sure it's not downloading anything, it's definitely the disc drive. The second I hit the eject button it spins down and goes nearly silent. Not sure if I should just trade it in to Gamestop or send it in and wait probably two weeks to get a
    replacement that who knows what condition it will be in.
Thema:

Xbox One Game Disc always spinning

Loading...
  1. Xbox One Game Disc always spinning - Similar Threads - Game Disc always

  2. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  3. The Disc to Digital Results for my 258 combined XB1/XBSX Physical games

    in XboX Insiders
    The Disc to Digital Results for my 258 combined XB1/XBSX Physical games: So I like most of you other Insiders, I decided to check every Xbox One and Xbox Series X game I own to see which ones qualify for Disc to Digital. And between both consoles, I have 258 physical...
  4. Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?: I asked this elsewhere but I figured I should post it here too. Just curious if Game Share works with disc to digital. My brother in law and I want to try it since we used to game share before....
  5. Disc‑to‑Digital game reviews are being flagged as “Off Topic” and removed — possible...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc‑to‑Digital game reviews are being flagged as “Off Topic” and removed — possible...: In the Insider App, I only have access to Delta and Omega features, no beta or others versions on my Series X console, now I know my reviews are not always good, but I never wrote anything under...
  6. Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?: I’ve tried using disc to digital on old games that are now delisted on the Xbox store does that mean I can’t get a digital license for games that are delisted forever or is that just because they...
  7. Official Disc-to-Digital Compatible Games List

    in XboX Insiders
    Official Disc-to-Digital Compatible Games List: Does anyone know if there is an official disc-to-digital list with all compatible games? Can't seem to find one. XBOX should have a webpage that displays all compatible games, as well as...
  8. I tested all the games I own with disc to digital. Here’s a list of what worked and didn’t.

    in XboX Insiders
    I tested all the games I own with disc to digital. Here’s a list of what worked and didn’t.: I noticed that none of my Sega, Bandai Namco, Square Enix, and Ubisoft games were supported, yet. Supported: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Special Edition Extinction Titanfall 2 Stray Mortal Kombat...
  9. Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature?: Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature? Here’s the exact situation: I insert a physical game into my Series X and claim the digital...
  10. All My Games Disc to Digital to help someone make a list

    in XboX Insiders
    All My Games Disc to Digital to help someone make a list: This is all my disc games! I keep all my games looking the best unless i got it from a friend or marketplace :( But I hope this helps anyone who wants to know what works and what doesn't. Enjoy!...