Xbox One Game Disc always spinning

Discus and support Xbox One Game Disc always spinning in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm sure this issue has come up before but, I can't find this despite extensive searching... After installing a game from disc on my Xbox One X, the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by YosemiteSam78, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Xbox One Game Disc always spinning

I'm sure this issue has come up before but, I can't find this despite extensive searching...

After installing a game from disc on my Xbox One X, the disc is constantly spinning loudly. It's so bad it's driving me nuts! I thought that once a game has been installed from disc that it would no longer need to check the validity of the disc except on
    start up. So, why is it never spinngin down? It's like playing a game in a hurricane!

:)

YosemiteSam78, Nov 12, 2020
  2. SentinelRax Win User

Disc spins when playing installed game from memory

The Xbox always spins the disc, whether the game is installed or not, as a way of authenticating the game disc.

It's nothing to worry about unless the disc is still spinning after about 6 minutes.
  3. MattKV1 Win User

Disc spinning always

Hello ThaHammer08,

I know that some installed games still periodically refer back to the gaming disc to ensure it's still in the console, and other games still load things from the disc while in-game.

If for some reason your console is affected by this and not working right, you may need to look into a warranty repair if your console is still under warranty. You can check that out here: support.xbox.com/.../repair-process

If your console is not still under warranty, an additional repair fee will be required in order for Microsoft to service it. I personally have an older Xbox 360 console, and even with having installed some games on my hard drive, my drive still spins while
    I'm playing at times.

I hope this helps, and good luck!
  4. J289 Win User

To install or not to install...

And it makes your xbox quieter because the disc wont spin in the disc tray !

I always install my game if im going to play it a lot.
  5. BuzzingPlum421 Win User

Titanfall not working on xbox 360

why the game is not installed on the hard drive? why the game disc is always spinning in the drive?
  6. J Rizzle da 3rd Win User

Disc drive always spinning

Really not in a position to put a $500 hold on a credit card. And I've had several friends that have had nightmares (with 360 though) with getting exchange consoles that were in worse condition then the ones they sent in.

But hmm, I'm sure it's not downloading anything, it's definitely the disc drive. The second I hit the eject button it spins down and goes nearly silent. Not sure if I should just trade it in to Gamestop or send it in and wait probably two weeks to get a
    replacement that who knows what condition it will be in.
Thema:

Xbox One Game Disc always spinning

1. Xbox One Game Disc always spinning - Similar Threads - Game Disc always

2. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb
  3. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  4. I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games...: I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games I download work fine. Is there a reason why it won't read the older Xbox One games I have? Some are brand...
  5. On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...: on an Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc is healthy ? Is this a good way of testing whether a disc is healthy ?...
  6. Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....: Urgent Attention Needed: Persistent Disc Reading Issue on Xbox Series X Dear Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to address a recurring issue with my...
  7. I can't get the disc to run the game, how can I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't get the disc to run the game, how can I fix this?: Title is a bit of a lie I have the ultimate edition for fallout New Vegas on disc and I've been trying to install the DLC from the DLC disc but both discs only load up the game pass version of it...
  8. My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...: This issue has been on here before but the solution didn't do anything to help. The problem is, when I go to install any disc games on my Xbox One S, they will download normally until reaching...
  9. My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games: My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games. It works completely fine with game pass, but when playing 2 different disc games, in remote play, my...
  10. My brand new series x won’t take any game discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new series x won’t take any game discs: My Xbox will not let any disc in, any fixes? 8101392c-bf55-4237-a64f-ffa5b89eae05