Xbox One game chat not working but party chat is

Discus and support Xbox One game chat not working but party chat is in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello! My boyfriends game chat is not working with his mic. He has restarted his xbox one, checked the recommended settings, unplugged his other wired... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SavPMA, Sep 21, 2022.

1. SavPMA
    SavPMA Guest

Hello! My boyfriends game chat is not working with his mic. He has restarted his xbox one, checked the recommended settings, unplugged his other wired controller (he was using a wireless), restarted his controller, and has unplugged his mic then plugged it back in. Please help!

:)

SavPMA, Sep 21, 2022
  2. SgS_x_Viper Win User

Can’t hear ingame chat on twitch stream

Fr tho.... party chat works its game chat, as in in-game voice chat that doesn’t work and no one seems to know why.
  3. Zaro Moramee Win User

Astro A50's not working in party chat or game chat on Backwards Compatible games

Does the headset work on Xbox One Party chat (i.e. do you see a circle around your gamerpic in the party chat on Xbox One)?

Are only Backwards compatible games affected? If so, it might be that the Astro A50 base station acts as a USB microphone, which doesn't work as Chat microphone on the Xbox 360.

You might have to contact the Astro A50 support for information on how to use that headset on backwards compatible titles.
    Yeah it works on the Xbox One party chat but yeah that's what i was thinking i might just have to get a old Xbox One chat headset for it to work.
  4. Iced Vise Win User

Fortnite Voice Chat

One thing that worked for me was if you start an xbox party and then you join a fortnite party and go to the voice chat tab it should give you an option to switch to game chat. Also with the new season I can hear people party chats while in a xbox party
    hope I could of helped.
  5. GaryDoering Win User

xbox one microphone doesn't work

You nailed it! The only one out of about 5 people trying to help, thank you! I didn’t know that you could use the game OR the Xbox party chat feature. The party chat works!!!
  6. Duster589 Win User

Cross compatibility xbox one/360

Forgot to answer the question about the party chat. Party chat does not work between the 360 and One only text messages. If you play a 360 game that has in game voice communications that will work.
Thema:

1. Xbox One game chat not working but party chat is - Similar Threads - game chat working

2. Xbox One audio: everything works except game chat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One audio: everything works except game chat: Xbox One X The only issue is when using game chat (as opposed to Xbox Party Chat), I cannot hear the others in the game, even though the game shows that they are talking and they can hear me just...
  3. I received a 2 day social enforcement over 300 days ago. My in game chat has never worked...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I received a 2 day social enforcement over 300 days ago. My in game chat has never worked...: Xbox party chat works fine but Cross play and in game chat has been completely wrecked since. People can hear me but I can't hear them. Can someone help? e497857a-7768-421b-8ae9-f05f175426dd
  4. xbox one to ps4 game chat not working with multiple players

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox one to ps4 game chat not working with multiple players: I am having a issue with my xbox party and a friend on ps4 trying to chat. best way i can explain it is if me and 2 other friends are in party chat or game on xbox and 1 of our buddies who plays...
  5. Party/Game chat audio not working while streaming on Twitch from my Xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party/Game chat audio not working while streaming on Twitch from my Xbox: For about a year now, when I’ve been streaming on Twitch from my Xbox, it has been refusing to pick up the mics of people in my party and even in gamechat. When I’m in a party it doesn’t even give...
  6. Xbox Party Chat Stops Working On Android Once I Open Another Game App

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Party Chat Stops Working On Android Once I Open Another Game App: Hoping someone can help as I posted this before, I have installed the Xbox app on my amazon fire tablet so that I can communicate with my friends who I play Minecraft with. They are on an xbox...
  7. xbox game bar voice chat not working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    xbox game bar voice chat not working.: My Xbox game bar voice chat doesn't work. It has only worked twice since I got my new laptop in April of this year (Alienware x14 with windows 11). I have tried several different YouTube fixes and...
  8. Game sound not playing through one controller, voice chat works

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game sound not playing through one controller, voice chat works: Hello! I have an Xbox series x and two Microsoft controllers. I have a 3.5 audio jack headset with mic that works on my black controller for all audio and voice chat. The same headset when plugged...
  9. Voice and text chat not working in Xbox games on PC

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Voice and text chat not working in Xbox games on PC: I have changed my privacy settings multiple times, reverted them back and forth to try to force a change, but no matter what I do, in xbox games on PC, text chat doesn't work. I can't see or...
  10. RIG 700 mic doesn't work in game chat. Xbox x series

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    RIG 700 mic doesn't work in game chat. Xbox x series: No matter what I try, the only way to communicate in game with this headset is to join a party with friends. Regular in game chat no longer works. It used to. No matter how...