Xbox One game chat not working but party chat is

Discus and support Xbox One game chat not working but party chat is in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello! My boyfriends game chat is not working with his mic. He has restarted his xbox one, checked the recommended settings, unplugged his other wired... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SavPMA, Sep 21, 2022.

1. SavPMA
    SavPMA Guest

Hello! My boyfriends game chat is not working with his mic. He has restarted his xbox one, checked the recommended settings, unplugged his other wired controller (he was using a wireless), restarted his controller, and has unplugged his mic then plugged it back in. Please help!

:)

SavPMA, Sep 21, 2022
  2. Alicia Lopez1 Win User

FIX NEEDED. Game chat is not working in fortnite. xbox part chat works fine

Join an Xbox party chat, go to options and switch to game chat. You can then leave the Xbox party and the fortnite party chat should work again
  3. SgS_x_Viper Win User

Can’t hear ingame chat on twitch stream

Fr tho.... party chat works its game chat, as in in-game voice chat that doesn’t work and no one seems to know why.
  4. Zaro Moramee Win User

Astro A50's not working in party chat or game chat on Backwards Compatible games

Does the headset work on Xbox One Party chat (i.e. do you see a circle around your gamerpic in the party chat on Xbox One)?

Are only Backwards compatible games affected? If so, it might be that the Astro A50 base station acts as a USB microphone, which doesn't work as Chat microphone on the Xbox 360.

You might have to contact the Astro A50 support for information on how to use that headset on backwards compatible titles.
    Yeah it works on the Xbox One party chat but yeah that's what i was thinking i might just have to get a old Xbox One chat headset for it to work.
  5. Iced Vise Win User

Fortnite Voice Chat

One thing that worked for me was if you start an xbox party and then you join a fortnite party and go to the voice chat tab it should give you an option to switch to game chat. Also with the new season I can hear people party chats while in a xbox party
    hope I could of helped.
  6. Geri M. Win User

Hello SavPMA,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will be considering your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss those concerns as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Xbox One game chat not working but party chat is - Similar Threads - game chat working

2. Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  3. XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  4. Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds: I just got the Astro A10 headset and have tried every way I could possibly find and think of. I just then managed to get the mic to work when spoken into and can hear other people in the Xbox...
  5. Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.: The past few months I've been dealing with my Xbox game bar not working unless I have the game bar pulled up on my screen. I've tried going into the systems and making it so the background app is...
  6. Microphone doesn't work in cod game chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone doesn't work in cod game chat.: My microphone won't work in call of duty game chat, I've tried using my Astro A20 gen 2, a pair of Razer nari ultimate, and an Astro A10 wired headset connected to a party chat headset adapter....
  7. my voice chat isnt working in any games and ive set all the settings to public, what should...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my voice chat isnt working in any games and ive set all the settings to public, what should...: my voice chat isnt working in any games and ive set all the settings to public, what should i do? 370a1b5b-f8b7-4a82-85b4-9b70f152e643
  8. Game chat not working on several games, party chat is working fine.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game chat not working on several games, party chat is working fine.: Hi All, I've tried game chats on NBA2K24, EAFC24, DayZ, Forza Motorsport 7 and although chat icons are appearing, I am unable to hear them and also my chat icon does not show either. Party chats...
  9. Fix for in game chat not working on xbox cloud gaming(pc)?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fix for in game chat not working on xbox cloud gaming(pc)?: Was going to play hell let loose with some friends, tried the game the day before and everyting was working fine. the next day i got on to play and i cant hear anybody and i cant talk. i tried the...
  10. Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.: Hi, I have a problem with the xbox wireless headset. I can properly hear sound from the game and chat too but if i try to mix these channel (with the left wheel of the headset) it remains the...