xbox one game audio . In controller/headset

Discus and support xbox one game audio . In controller/headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guys I have a issue that i am not sure how to turn off. I just return to xbox live with a brand new xbox one system, so here is my issue, I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Stigma311, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Stigma311
    Stigma311 Guest

Hey guys I have a issue that i am not sure how to turn off. I just return to xbox live with a brand new xbox one system, so here is my issue, I download game/install game and i am playing it, and game audio is coming out of both my headset and tv.

I have pc earforce z11 head set i am working with.what do about this how can i fix so only hear game audio from tv and leave headset for chat only

:)

Stigma311, Dec 24, 2015
  2. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest
    Tritton 7.1 and Xbox One

Here is how I understand the whole headset compatability works (maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong):

GAME AUDIO

If your headset gets the game audio via a box linked to your gaming machine via optic audio out - this audio will continue to work as designed, as the xbox One has optic out as well.

CHAT AUDIO

If your headset gets the chat audio via a direct bluetooth wireless link to the xbox360 machine - then this headset will not work with chat audio on the xbox One.

If your headset gets the chat audio wireless via a bluetooth puck that plugs into the 360 controller (not a direct wireless link to the gaming machine) -then this may work with the xbox One depending on how the forthcoming adapter works with next gen controllers.

If your headset gets the chat audio via a cable directly connected to your xbox360 controller - then this may work on the xbox One depending on how the upcoming adapter works with the xbox One controller.

Burnin TODI, Dec 24, 2015
  3. Need help with lagging/hacking sound on my headset

Hello, I got this from the stereo headset support page
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/stereo-headset-set-up-troubleshoot#97a11841b62c4433bb7f4d44ac146d0a

Also have you updated your controller and the headset adapter ?
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

FearedNightmare, Dec 24, 2015
  4. Burnin TODI Win User

Tritton 7.1 and Xbox One

Here is how I understand the whole headset compatability works (maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong):

GAME AUDIO

If your headset gets the game audio via a box linked to your gaming machine via optic audio out - this audio will continue to work as designed, as the xbox One has optic out as well.

CHAT AUDIO

If your headset gets the chat audio via a direct bluetooth wireless link to the xbox360 machine - then this headset will not work with chat audio on the xbox One.

If your headset gets the chat audio wireless via a bluetooth puck that plugs into the 360 controller (not a direct wireless link to the gaming machine) -then this may work with the xbox One depending on how the forthcoming adapter works with next gen controllers.

If your headset gets the chat audio via a cable directly connected to your xbox360 controller - then this may work on the xbox One depending on how the upcoming adapter works with the xbox One controller.
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

Xbox 360 series controller

For xbox one controllers and xbox series controllers

by bluetooth if your pc has this (does not support audio passthrough so no headest support via controller).

by wire (this supports audio passthough for headsets via controller)

by purchasing the xbox wireless adapter for pc (this supports audio passthough for headsets via controller)
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Razer nari connection

The only way to connect the headset to the Xbox One, is with the audio cable that is supplied with it. Connect the cable to the headset then the controller 3.5 mm jack socket. If your controller does not have the jack socket, then you will need the Microsoft
    headset audio adapter, which you connect to the controller, then connect the headset to the adapter.
  7. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Game audio not working

Xbox One Stereo Headset issues and questions

If you have a question or problem using the Xbox One Stereo Headset, see the following topics.

Stereo Headset isn’t working

If your Xbox One Stereo Headset isn’t functioning correctly, check the following:

• Have you
      updated your controller’s software
      to support the Stereo Headset Adapter?
    • Make sure your controller has fresh batteries. When the batteries get weak, some controller functions, such as audio and rumble, are turned off to conserve the remaining power.
    • Make sure your Headset Adapter is firmly plugged into your controller and that your Stereo Headset’s 3.5-mm cable is securely plugged into the Headset Adapter. You will know it’s plugged in properly if you press the mute button and the LED lights up.
    • Try your Xbox One Stereo Headset with another device, such as a laptop, to see if the headset is working. If not, the headset will need to be replaced. To order a replacement, go to the
      Xbox Online Service Center .
    • Try your Stereo Headset and Stereo Headset Adapter on another controller, if you can. If the headset works on the second controller, try

updating the first controller
      again. If that fails, the controller will need to be replaced. To order a replacement, go to the
      Xbox Online Service Center .
    There’s too much game or chat audio

If you have both game and chat audio plugged into the adapter, use the Game balance or Chat balance button to get more of the desired audio type.

Can I have chat through my Kinect as well as my headset?

No. When a headset is detected, the console assumes you want that audio to be private and automatically turns off Kinect chat audio.

I also hear audio through my TV

The Stereo Headset Adapter doesn’t know if you’re using your headset just for chat or for all audio, so TV audio is not automatically muted when you’re using the adapter. You must manually adjust your TV audio volume.

Your Stereo Headset is broken

If your Xbox One Stereo Headset is broken, it should be replaced. To order a replacement, go to the
    Xbox Online Service Center.

Repair or warranty questions? See
    Xbox One repair: Frequently asked questions
  8. andersonpassos Win User

If I use the Xbox One stereo adapter and/or a 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack cable, will my official Xbox 360 wired headset work on my Xbox One?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Yes, you can use the Xbox One Stereo Adapter along with a 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack cable to use your official Xbox 360 wired headset with your Xbox One. The adapter is necessary as it allows you to connect the 2.5mm jack of the headset to the 3.5mm port on the Xbox One controller.

Once you have connected the headset, you should be able to hear both game audio and chat audio through the headset. The Xbox One allows you to adjust the balance between game audio and chat audio in the settings.

Regarding the compatibility of the Xbox 360 wired headset with the Xbox One, while the official Xbox website states that the headset only works with licensed Xbox 360s, it should still work with the Xbox One if you use the adapter.

If you do not have the Xbox One Stereo Adapter, you can also use a 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack cable that has a microphone built-in. This will allow you to plug the headset directly into the Xbox One controller and use it for both game audio and chat audio.

As for stripping wires or hacking the headset, this is not recommended as it can damage the headset and is not a reliable or safe solution.
Thema:

1. xbox one game audio . In controller/headset - Similar Threads - game audio controller

2. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  3. Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice: I have an issue with my XBOX GAME BAR. When i record videos, my audio or (depends on the setting on xbox's own audio section) my friends' audio does not record. When I say "Game" it does not...
  4. No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call: Ive just bought an Xbox wireless headset. Ive connected it to my Windows 10 PC via bluetooth. Game audio was fine and I was impressed with them. However, I tried to play a multiplayer game and...
  5. Does anyone know how to get game chat audio into obs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know how to get game chat audio into obs?: Im a new streamer. I got a generic capture card from amazon and a chat link splitter. I get, video capture, and game audio capture but not game chat audio. I have tried everything to get even just...
  6. No game audio on brand new headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on brand new headset: e plugged it in correctly but i cant hear game audio, music, or navigation sounds even though I can hear people talking in party chat and discord. I tried manually adjusting my chat mixer but when...
  7. Audio cracking and popping while gaming/moving around UI

in XboX Insiders
    Audio cracking and popping while gaming/moving around UI: Brand new console causing crackling audio issues with headphones (tested two different Sony headphones wired, and Razer Kaira pro for Xbox) on in the dashboard and in game. Tried troubleshooting...
  8. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  9. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  10. I have a xbox controller that its game and party audio works fine but with my other...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a xbox controller that its game and party audio works fine but with my other...: I have a xbox controller that I can hear the party and the game but my other controller I can hear the party audio but not the games feb37ba2-0750-42f9-b055-31e6b66160cd