Xbox one forces you connect to the internet/Xbox live on initial setup also applies to Xbox...

Discus and support Xbox one forces you connect to the internet/Xbox live on initial setup also applies to Xbox... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox is now required internet to complete the initial setup to use the console. REALLY. you can't use the Xbox completely without internet due to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ssss Series x, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Xbox one forces you connect to the internet/Xbox live on initial setup also applies to Xbox...

Xbox is now required internet to complete the initial setup to use the console. REALLY. you can't use the Xbox completely without internet due to initial setup forcing you to connect to the internet/Xbox live to proceed and after that if there's an update it will force you to update the console and once the update is done it will force you to add an Microsoft account and you cant add an offline profile anymore. this is bad this has put this in place when the consoles launch. what's this has to accomplish for Xbox and Microsoft.

this is gonna be an issue for people that bought an Xbox one but don't have internet in their homes and cant use their console at all.

and the fact is they don't force me to connect to Xbox live to use and I don't need an account to play my physical games offline.

I don't need all of this [mod removed] ok STOP FORCING PEOPLE TO USE XBOX LIVE SERVER. MS is now a fraud and i refuse to connect my Xbox to the internet

and if you know of any way how to setup the Xbox one without internet because i hate internet half of the time. reply back to me positively.

:)

Ssss Series x, Mar 14, 2023
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

Xbox one forces you connect to the internet/Xbox live on initial setup also applies to Xbox series x

1. a lot of game discs contain just a launcher to download the game, meaning the actual game is not on the disc and you actually have to download it, meaning you cannot just simply install the disc the the internal storage as there is no data on the disc, just a licence and small program to download the game.

2. for games that are actually present on the disc, game devs send the discs to print sometimes before finalising the game, therefore an update is required to even start the game.

3. other consoles are the same or are moving to this model.

4. you own the hardware but not the software which is installed and running that hardware, without that software you cannot do anything, it means accepting the terms and using an account to use the software on your hardware.

5. welcome to the future where everything is online and is a service, won't be long until discs are retired completely and then you will have to download every single game, regardless of platform.

6. an increasing number of games require third party accounts now too, and you cannot play some of those games without a connection.

you might not like it but we are increasingly moving closer to fully digital and always online.

I am sorry that is not what you want to hear, but the internet and network connectivity is essential in the modern world and there is no avoiding it, everything is going digital, money too as cash will be gone in the next 3 years.

Also Sony is abandoning discs eventually, they have stopped making consoles with a disc drive now and will have the option of external addon drive, this will not stick around long and the ps6 or whatever they call it will probably do away with it or keep it for older game discs.
  3. BodakJoe Win User

Xbox one forces you connect to the internet/Xbox live on initial setup also applies to Xbox series x

I agree. Xbox Series X is essentially a paperweight without internet access to set it up. You are also unable to create offline profiles. If these are basic features that you'd like, I will suggest that you buy a PlayStation 5 or 4. PlayStation 5 and 4 allow you to setup the console offline completely, no internet connection required. You can even create offline profiles and save your games offline, too, on PlayStation 5 and 4. It is ridiculous that Microsoft forces this online DRM. You paid for the console, so it should be usable regardless of access to Microsoft servers. Xbox/Microsoft did not learn from the disaster of trying to make the Xbox One always-online... They should have rectified the need for the online setup that was a leftover of that debacle. Also, games do in fact ship complete on disc. There are even tons of indies that receive physical releases, including Hades, Celeste and Dead Cells. The PS5 even supports 100GB Blu-ray discs and games that might require two discs on Xbox, ship on one complete disc on PS5. You should not be limited by an Internet connection just so Microsoft can force you to create an account. You should consider PS5.
  4. Ssss Series x Win User

true that's its been like that for years but times has changed since 2013. the Xbox series x should be a complete different console but it still forces you to connect to the Xbox network and forces you to system update and forces you to add a proper Microsoft account and not just that if the consoles online on that heavy paper weight and try to launch an older version of the game that you install on a physical disc. it will force to you update the game unless the console is set to offline. and also Xbox series x has the same current dashboard as the Xbox one and plays most Xbox one games except for Kinect only titles and the same annoying dashboard sounds and no better controller but a redesigned controller and slapped a share button on it and made it compatible for Xbox one. the Xbox series x is just a powerful version of the Xbox one but to play future titles. but on the other hand Sony had not recycled the ps4 dashboards and sounds for ps5 but made it different the console look different

the controller is way better I tell you why. it has better vibration touch screen and it can be used without prompting to connect to the internet. the ps5 is better than Microsoft boring next gen console.

sorry if this message was too long for you.
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

Sorry, not the most positive answer I can give.

You don't own any of the software on the console or the games, they are licenced to you for use (even disc games). you except the terms when you purchase the console, to use said software you need to connect and update the console, you also need to have a Microsoft account. Xbox is a service now and nothing else, same goes for windows 11, you need a Microsoft account to use it (well there is a way around it for now, soon won't be).

The days of being fully offline from purchase are gone.

As with most new games, the disc only comes with an installer on it and this initiates the download of the game so you will have no choice but to connect to the servers. This is becoming more and more common as the disc is not really used except for licence checks. A lot of games these days are too big for the discs.

Also new games usually require a day one update to even run.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Also to add, this is not something new. It's been this way for many years.
Thema:

Xbox one forces you connect to the internet/Xbox live on initial setup also applies to Xbox...

1. Xbox one forces you connect to the internet/Xbox live on initial setup also applies to Xbox... - Similar Threads - forces connect internet

2. Microsoft sidewinder force feedback wheel driver

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft sidewinder force feedback wheel driver: Hi microsoft sidewinder force feedback steering set does it have drivers compatible with windows 11? I know it is very old but it still works in computer games, I need a driver to test the...
  3. Xbox apps force close

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox apps force close: Hello, today i buy xbox game pass and i download xbox app to download the game, but everytime i run xbox app, it appeared xbox logo but after that force close everytime i run it, i tried to fix it...
  4. Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?: Its 2024 and bandwidth is a solved problem. Why am I paying subscription fees and over $100 to play a game that doesn't have modern reliability. MW3 updates at least once a month and more or less...
  5. Driving force shifter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Driving force shifter: I just bought a new G920 wheel and pedals with a driving force shifter for my XBOX series X and the shifter does not work with forza horizon 4. I want to ask if there are any games that are...
  6. Changed password creates security alert that forces me to change my password again in a loop

in XBoX on Windows
    Changed password creates security alert that forces me to change my password again in a loop: I have changed my password because I forgot the last one, now when I log in with the new password it says "We detected unusual activity on your MS account ... we believe your credentials are at...
  7. Monster Hunter Rise character missing, forcing new game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Monster Hunter Rise character missing, forcing new game: I hit MR 140, downed Risen Teostra, and called it for the night. (Have game clip of it). 2 days later, I go to play, and all I have is "New Game" on the main menu. Save data on the Xbox...
  8. Can i get a refund for jump force ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i get a refund for jump force ?: I have been an off and on player on jump force since its release and played the entire first 2 years. I spent $100 on the deluxe preorder and an additional $30+ on DLCs that were not included with...
  9. Why am I constantly getting Fortnite ads forced down my throat on XSS?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I constantly getting Fortnite ads forced down my throat on XSS?: For months now, I've had the same game being pushed on me over and over with the Xbox Home ads. Not once have I even considered installing Fortnite as it is a game for toxic children yet you seem...
  10. Force 5ghz on xbox WiFi connection like the Sony playstation

in XboX Insiders
    Force 5ghz on xbox WiFi connection like the Sony playstation: Hi the PlayStation has a force a 5ghz option on the WiFi, could this be implemented on xbox. It is annoying when your xbox only download on 2.4ghz when 5ghz is active and fine. Big difference in...