Xbox One Fable III Couch Co-Op Saves Not Working Correctly

Discus and support Xbox One Fable III Couch Co-Op Saves Not Working Correctly in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all. I have been browsing threads for the past few days on this same issue, and have yet to find a single helpful one. I hope to fix this. It'll... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Immortal_Bacon, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Xbox One Fable III Couch Co-Op Saves Not Working Correctly

Hello all.

I have been browsing threads for the past few days on this same issue, and have yet to find a single helpful one. I hope to fix this. It'll be a bit long-winded, so please bear with me.

Definitions

• "Player One" refers to the host world, and "Player Two", conversely, the summoned hero.
    • X and Y will be accounts, where X is the first account to enter the game, and Y is the second.
    • 1 and 2 will be controllers
    For usage, "Player One, X, 1" is the host world, on the first account to log in, on the controller marked as the first to connect.

The Problem

Fable III Couch Co-Op is not working correctly. Currently, the issues include:

• Player One will not save after Player Two leaves.
    • --> To clarify, Player One, after re-loading their game when Player Two leaves, will return to the start of the session, regardless of manual and auto-saves between the session start and Player Two joining. This statement is subject to
      inaccuracy, as my test data is limited and I'm not very willing to push my tests to the possibility of losing all of my progress, opposed to just the most recent progress.
    • Player Two will (sometimes) enter as a copy of Player One
    • --> This is not always true. I was trying to get to the bottom of what causes this. I think it has to do with when Y logs in, but I haven't finished testing
    • Player Two will not always save correctly after leaving, in terms of new items, guild seals, gold, etc. They will remain as they were when first copied
    The Discussion So Far

Every thread about this has the same (unhelpful) course of events. A user asks, in general, "Player Two always enters as a copy of player one! We've lost our save games! Something is wrong, please help", to which several other users confess to the same issue.
    Eventually, a moderator will show up and say one of two responses:

• "Hello! Can you give us some more information about this issue so we can better help you?"
    • "Hello! Can you PM us so we can get to the root of your problems?"
    Both of which end the forum post, which is exceedingly unhelpful to literally everyone else. To that end, please do not lock this thread until the solution is given clearly, on this thread, where everyone may benefit from it. Shy of personal information,
    I am glad to give any additional information here to help this, and I will try my best to respond promptly to helpful replies.

Additional Information

It does not appear to matter if you swap X for Y. That is to say Player One, X, 1, and Player One, Y, 1 will encounter the same issues. I have also tried swapping controllers, so Player One, X, 1 and Player One, X, 2 also behave identically. Player Two can
    be copied over repeatedly, but the cause is still mysterious. It appears that if you load in to Player Two's world first, exit it, and then enter Player One's world, that it might stop the copy from taking place, but this is also ambiguous. I have lost hours
    on my save due to this save failure. Others have lost whole characters. It appears to be exclusive to the Xbox One's emulation of an Xbox 360.

The Big Question

How do we fix or prevent this? As much as I would love to hear an intelligent comment like "Just play over Live instead of couch Co-Op", it would be preferable that someone share actual wisdom on the matter.

Thank you very much for bearing with the read. I will provide clarifications as they are requested, and am willing to run some requested test scenarios in the name of helping people overcome or mitigate the effects of this glitch.

:)

Immortal_Bacon, Dec 20, 2019
  2. Sodaraygder Win User

I have a solution for the duplicating character on couch coop that worked for me. I needed to use a second profile to get all weapons and clothing seeing as i cant see anyone playing that i can trade with. Every time i would try and load up either profile
    it would just copy the host character. When i tried to load the save i wanted while playing as profile 2 it said i couldnt because of missing dlc. As my main profile had all the dlc i focused on profile 2. And yes all dlc should be shared because im on the
    same console. So i went into sanctuary store in game and downloaded one of the free packs. Then i saved and exited the game. Went into the game management page and made sure everything was there and that it was all downloaded. Upon re entering the game with
    profile 2, i received all dlc gifts and was able to load my main profile with all my stuff. Hope this helps some of yall that have the same problem.
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello!

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will be
    more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you again and happy gaming!
  4. STARKE VON OBEN Win User

Hello,

Please refer to my most immediately recent communication, which my starkly antisocial self dared to iterate on this channel or forum itself rather uncharacteristically, on matters directly or indirectly interrelated to the issue.

I admit not understanding your question coherently, but I know my solution is both related and a useful boon.

I have indeed discovered, through sheer furious rigor of personal empiricism, an ironclad, authentic solution to the issue or set of issues addressed - although I am not sure I understand your specific situation and question with ideal
    perfection, forgive me...

I am not web-savvy type and do not how to "hyperlink", please refer to 's latest post, if thou wilt, repeating...

I have had many inquiries as to "causation": as to causality, I tentatively suspect "emulator"-related maddening technical complexity and such-like esoteric arcana of developer-level cryptologic obscureness, yet even this I mention
    most conservatively... Anything could be causality, really.

Sorry for digressing: REFER TO MY MOST RECENT POST ON THIS VERY CHANNEL OF PUBLICITY, ON FABLE 3 CO-OP GLITCH "SOLUTION." The post should still be here unless I was unintelligibly censored or banned (the consistency of rationality of
    today is not what it used to be, sadly.)

The solution I found allowed me to rebuild my Fable 3 micro-universe, if very imperfectly...at least not without satisfaction. I have a Templarist holy warrior-queen again, Hyperborean translucent skin, overflowing ethereal angel wings,
    butterfly sparkle emissions, intricate butterfly imprint on face; the war-chest is full again; all is well again, my life is complete again (self-ironic self-critical joke: I AM A LOSER, AND THEN SOME).

The "solution" I discovered, either directly or implicitly solves hordes of unpleasantries and things falling under rubric of "glitch" or "glitch-like", the small lot of us left who are diehard loyalists and nostalgic romanticists still
    adventuring in Fable 3's Albion these days...

I am not self-trumpeting here, only hoping to assist.
  5. Skyrider Y Win User

That was something! I don't know how to prevent this, but something very similar happened with Mirrors Edge: Catalyst, my wife played the game, quits to main menu, i switch acconts WITHOUT closing the game, and everything works fine, until i finish a mission
    and the game saves, now i have every item and skill, along with the story progression that my wife had on her save file. The thing is, this only happened if we used our own controller separately, if we use the same controller and just switch profiles, everything
    works just fine.

This isn't possible with split-screen games, of course, but it may shine a light on why this problem happens with you, or maybe not, who knows... Good luck! happy holidays!
  6. IngameInstincts Win User

Cooperative Games on Xbox

where is camaro boy when you need him ? i'll add :

Sacred 2

Dungeon Siege - awful couch co-op

Fable 2 - awful couch co-op

Fable 3

Dead Island

Borderlands

deathspank
Thema:

1. Xbox One Fable III Couch Co-Op Saves Not Working Correctly - Similar Threads - Fable III Couch

2. Fable 2 on xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 on xbox series s: Hi! I can' seem to save anything in this game! I've been trying to play fable 2 on my xbox series s, but the game says I must connect with a profile. I've tried with my current Microsoft one, but...
  3. Fable 2 and 3 in gamepass on XBOX X need me to sign in with an ancient live account i don't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 and 3 in gamepass on XBOX X need me to sign in with an ancient live account i don't...: Fable 2 and 3 included in gamepass ultimate on XBOX X needs me to sign in with some other ancient live account i don't have? I can't see any way to make one and if I choose 'no account' the game...
  4. Fable 2 loading bugs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 loading bugs: Whenever I try to go to Bowerstone Market the loading screen never ends and the same is happening with Bowerstone Cemetery and possibly over places. My edition is Fable 2 GOTY....
  5. Fable 2, xbox series x, no dialogue speech sound

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2, xbox series x, no dialogue speech sound: I saved before entering the crucible, loaded my game up and it would not let me carry on the quest, conversation outside the gates would not start. Even skipping the conversation would not allow...
  6. Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - help please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - help please: I’ve noticed a glitch within Fable 2 and so far the only advice I’ve come across is to either not complete the side quest or to restart all over again. I want to complete the side quest. I don’t...
  7. Fable 2 dolls

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 dolls: I see there are dolls to be collected within fable 2. I’ve also noticed the page fable2.com has been shut down. Is there a way to get all dolls since fable2.com was shut down? I have: Theresa...
  8. Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - please help me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - please help me: I’ve noticed a glitch within Fable 2 and so far the only advice I’ve come across is to either not complete the side quest or to restart all over again. I want to complete the side quest. I don’t...
  9. Solitaire - Fable - Tripeaks Medium 3 Boards 1 Deal Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Solitaire - Fable - Tripeaks Medium 3 Boards 1 Deal Issue: Hi there, I am having issues with a Microsoft Solitaire Game. It is located in the Star Club under the Fable deck in Tripeaks. The medium game says clear 3 boards in 1 deal but as soon as I open...
  10. Glitch in fable 3 kidnapped mission?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Glitch in fable 3 kidnapped mission?: I was fighting the guys before entering the cellar and now I’m stuck in between the fire light and rice/flour bags. I’ve tried moving every which way and swinging the sword with nothing still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fabrl 3 saves not working properly on xbox one