(Xbox One) Fable 2 - Horrible audio cracking and texture glitches

Discus and support (Xbox One) Fable 2 - Horrible audio cracking and texture glitches in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been experiencing severe audio cracking and messy textures while playing Fable 2 (especially when inside caves) Most people have this issue,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by White Storn, Sep 27, 2018.

1. White Storn
    White Storn Guest

I have been experiencing severe audio cracking and messy textures while playing Fable 2 (especially when inside caves)

Most people have this issue, some don't from what I searched on reddit. Does anyone know/have a guess at how long will they fix it or are we doomed with what we got?

Tried reainstalling the game and did countless hard-resets, yet the problem persists.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I already did the factory reset on the system previously.

:)

White Storn, Sep 27, 2018
  2. Fable 2/ Fable 3 Texture/Audio issues

Fable 2 - head and neck textures will flicker blue/glow white. Hair and beard options disappear or flicker during game play. Clothing textures turn red and lose any 3D qualities. Objects in world will flicker the same blue or red as above. Audio(esp indoors
    and caves) will crackle/ cut out/ distort.

FABLE 3- Same audio glitch as in Fable 2. Happens when entering Sanctuary, Dweller's Camp, Reaver's Mansion and the ENTIRE desert walk in Aurora.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled, I've also hard reset my Xbox, I've done everything except a pagan ritual to get these games to function.

feelingroovy007, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Fable 2/ Fable 3 Texture issues

Fable 2 - head and neck textures will flicker blue/glow white. Hair and beard options disappear or flicker during game play. Clothing textures turn red and lose any 3D qualities. Objects in world will flicker the same blue or red
    as above. Audio(esp indoors and caves) will crackle/ cut out/ distort.

FABLE 3- Same audio glitch as in Fable 2. Happens when entering Sanctuary, Dweller's Camp, Reaver's Mansion and the ENTIRE desert walk in Aurora.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled, I've also hard reset my Xbox, I've done everything except a pagan ritual to get this game to function. So this is an error on your part. Thanks.

feelingroovy007, Sep 27, 2018
  4. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest

Hey White Storm! Thank you for reaching out to us today!

When Lionhead Studios ceased operation and closed permanently in 2016, Fable 2 was left without a developer capable of implementing patches or changes to the game.

Microsoft Studios took the reins for the game and continued being the publisher for the game, but I'm not sure anything was concrete whether they also would be taking on the responsibilities and software Lionhead Studios used to keep the game polished.

Unfortunately as of right now backwards compatible games on the Xbox One are not updated or patched to fix bugs as far as I know, but mainly to update the emulator for any changes to the Xbox 360 user interface.

I understand any inconveniences this might cause, as I am a big fan of the Fable series myself.

I hope this clarifies some things, but maybe sometime in the future, Microsoft can make a new game to the series starting from the ground up!

Feel free to post any other questions or concerns you may have.

Thank you for being a valued Xbox member!

XBF Diego M, Sep 27, 2018
  5. Hey there, White Storn!

So yeah, hard resets and reinstalling the game generally are great troubleshooting steps when experiencing gameplay issues but I'd give the other steps here on our site at

Troubleshoot playing Xbox 360 games on your Xbox One
    a shot as well.

I would also maybe give your console a soft factory reset if you can. It's a reset that will return everything to factory defaults without you having to reinstall all of your games.

It helps with a variety of issues concerning the console's software running content as well.

It's important for you to make sure that you have all the sign-in information for any/all accounts on your console and have good internet access beforehand.

Once you have that, then try following the steps here on
    How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
    and make sure that you select the option that includes
    keep my games and apps

Give those a shot and let us know how that helped with the resolution of the issue

Thanks!

XBF Esteban R, Sep 27, 2018
  6. White Storn
    White Storn Guest
    Sorry I forgot to say that I already did a factory reset previously. My bad but I apreciate the advice.

Like I said. from what I searched on reddit and other places. This has been a problem for almost everybody ever since a update on the xbox emulator about 3 months ago. Previously before the update, people say it used to work just fine. So I'm guessing the fault
    is at the emulator itself and not the game.

Thats why I decided to bring this here. To at least notify you guys about the situation. That this seems to be more of a global issue.

Some links for reference:

-https://www.reddit.com/r/Fable/comments/8sneoc/getting_this_weird_texture_glitch_on_xb1_anyone/

-https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/8udb30/mass_amount_of_textureaudio_glitching_in_fable_2/

-https://www.reddit.com/r/Fable/comments/8vt0m2/anyone_ever_come_across_this_blue_hair_glitch_in/

I still appreciate both your replies by the way. But the troubleshoot page you sent is irrelevant to the current problem.

White Storn, Sep 27, 2018
  7. GrudgeChains
    GrudgeChains Guest
    I can confirm what the poster is saying because I to am having the same problems on my xbox one, and I already did all the steps mentioned above!

GrudgeChains, Sep 27, 2018
  8. (Xbox One) Fable 2 - Horrible audio cracking and texture glitches

Yeah pretty sure this game was woring fine previously but a recent update broke it. Hopefully the team is looking into it.

coco meat train, Sep 27, 2018
  9. White Storn
    White Storn Guest
    I certainly hope the Xbox Team is aware of this issue. And if they aren't, at least they get notified right away because it's been months since this issue first pooped up

White Storn, Sep 28, 2018
  10. nysogames
    nysogames Guest
    Same problem here, worked fine a year ago or so, seams to be an emulating problem with recent updates.

Pls fix this, Fable 2/3 are one of my favorites of all time.

Thank you!

nysogames, Nov 2, 2018
  11. nysogames Win User

Same problem here, worked fine a year ago or so, seams to be an emulating problem with recent updates.

Pls fix this, Fable 2/3 are one of my favorites of all time.

Thank you!
  12. XBF Esteban R Win User

Hey there, White Storn!

So yeah, hard resets and reinstalling the game generally are great troubleshooting steps when experiencing gameplay issues but I'd give the other steps here on our site at

Troubleshoot playing Xbox 360 games on your Xbox One
    a shot as well.

I would also maybe give your console a soft factory reset if you can. It's a reset that will return everything to factory defaults without you having to reinstall all of your games.

It helps with a variety of issues concerning the console's software running content as well.

It's important for you to make sure that you have all the sign-in information for any/all accounts on your console and have good internet access beforehand.

Once you have that, then try following the steps here on
    How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
    and make sure that you select the option that includes
    keep my games and apps

Give those a shot and let us know how that helped with the resolution of the issue

Thanks!
  13. White Storn Win User

I certainly hope the Xbox Team is aware of this issue. And if they aren't, at least they get notified right away because it's been months since this issue first pooped up
  14. White Storn Win User

Sorry I forgot to say that I already did a factory reset previously. My bad but I apreciate the advice.

Like I said. from what I searched on reddit and other places. This has been a problem for almost everybody ever since a update on the xbox emulator about 3 months ago. Previously before the update, people say it used to work just fine. So I'm guessing the fault
    is at the emulator itself and not the game.

Thats why I decided to bring this here. To at least notify you guys about the situation. That this seems to be more of a global issue.

Some links for reference:

-https://www.reddit.com/r/Fable/comments/8sneoc/getting_this_weird_texture_glitch_on_xb1_anyone/

-https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/8udb30/mass_amount_of_textureaudio_glitching_in_fable_2/

-https://www.reddit.com/r/Fable/comments/8vt0m2/anyone_ever_come_across_this_blue_hair_glitch_in/

I still appreciate both your replies by the way. But the troubleshoot page you sent is irrelevant to the current problem.
  15. XBF Diego M Win User

Hey White Storm! Thank you for reaching out to us today!

When Lionhead Studios ceased operation and closed permanently in 2016, Fable 2 was left without a developer capable of implementing patches or changes to the game.

Microsoft Studios took the reins for the game and continued being the publisher for the game, but I'm not sure anything was concrete whether they also would be taking on the responsibilities and software Lionhead Studios used to keep the game polished.

Unfortunately as of right now backwards compatible games on the Xbox One are not updated or patched to fix bugs as far as I know, but mainly to update the emulator for any changes to the Xbox 360 user interface.

I understand any inconveniences this might cause, as I am a big fan of the Fable series myself.

I hope this clarifies some things, but maybe sometime in the future, Microsoft can make a new game to the series starting from the ground up!

Feel free to post any other questions or concerns you may have.

Thank you for being a valued Xbox member!
Thema:

1. (Xbox One) Fable 2 - Horrible audio cracking and texture glitches - Similar Threads - Fable Horrible audio

2. Fable 2 on xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 on xbox series s: Hi! I can' seem to save anything in this game! I've been trying to play fable 2 on my xbox series s, but the game says I must connect with a profile. I've tried with my current Microsoft one, but...
  3. Fable 2 and 3 in gamepass on XBOX X need me to sign in with an ancient live account i don't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 and 3 in gamepass on XBOX X need me to sign in with an ancient live account i don't...: Fable 2 and 3 included in gamepass ultimate on XBOX X needs me to sign in with some other ancient live account i don't have? I can't see any way to make one and if I choose 'no account' the game...
  4. Fable 2 loading bugs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 loading bugs: Whenever I try to go to Bowerstone Market the loading screen never ends and the same is happening with Bowerstone Cemetery and possibly over places. My edition is Fable 2 GOTY....
  5. Fable 2, xbox series x, no dialogue speech sound

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2, xbox series x, no dialogue speech sound: I saved before entering the crucible, loaded my game up and it would not let me carry on the quest, conversation outside the gates would not start. Even skipping the conversation would not allow...
  6. Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - help please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - help please: I’ve noticed a glitch within Fable 2 and so far the only advice I’ve come across is to either not complete the side quest or to restart all over again. I want to complete the side quest. I don’t...
  7. Fable 2 dolls

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 dolls: I see there are dolls to be collected within fable 2. I’ve also noticed the page fable2.com has been shut down. Is there a way to get all dolls since fable2.com was shut down? I have: Theresa...
  8. Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - please help me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - please help me: I’ve noticed a glitch within Fable 2 and so far the only advice I’ve come across is to either not complete the side quest or to restart all over again. I want to complete the side quest. I don’t...
  9. Solitaire - Fable - Tripeaks Medium 3 Boards 1 Deal Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Solitaire - Fable - Tripeaks Medium 3 Boards 1 Deal Issue: Hi there, I am having issues with a Microsoft Solitaire Game. It is located in the Star Club under the Fable deck in Tripeaks. The medium game says clear 3 boards in 1 deal but as soon as I open...
  10. Glitch in fable 3 kidnapped mission?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Glitch in fable 3 kidnapped mission?: I was fighting the guys before entering the cellar and now I’m stuck in between the fire light and rice/flour bags. I’ve tried moving every which way and swinging the sword with nothing still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fable 3 xbox one audio issues

2. fable 2 xbox one sound