Xbox one external hard drive formatting issues

Discus and support Xbox one external hard drive formatting issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently have purchased a 2Tb external hard drive for my xbox. When plugging in the hard drive, the screen to format it will pop up then quickly go... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ryan Piersza, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Ryan Piersza
    Ryan Piersza Guest

I recently have purchased a 2Tb external hard drive for my xbox. When plugging in the hard drive, the screen to format it will pop up then quickly go away. This happens over and over again, and I am not sure what to do to fix this.

:)

Ryan Piersza, Sep 21, 2022
  2. Scooby Doo Win User

Formatted a External to use on my Xbox One but now my computer is not recognizing it

3. StuartATrueRed Win User

KESU Hard drive not connecting to my Xbox One S

4. gds1972 Win User

Xbox one file system

Hi

I don't know what file format Xbox One uses with external hard drives but when you first connect a drive the console should offer to format the drive for games (If it meets the specs), With my Xbox One I have both a 2TB and 4TB external hard drives connected
    and working without any issues for playing games.
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

0x8007045d Error when downloading any games on XBOX one X internal Harddrive

Hi MarcusWEST1,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue downloading games to your external hard drive on an Xbox One. You may need to

Format
    your external hard drive, this can correct issues with hard drives that may have corrupt data on them.

Please let us know how this goes.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Copy files from Mac to Xbox One external HDD ?

Hi,

Not sure what you wanted to do here, could you elaborate?

As for external hard drives, you can't partition them for use as both external storage for games and for use with your Mac or PC. You can use an external hard drive on the Xbox One as a media drive, though.

If you format an external hard drive for Xbox One games storage, the whole drive is formatted and the file system is changed.
Thema:

1. Xbox one external hard drive formatting issues - Similar Threads - external hard drive

2. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  3. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99
  4. XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: Hi there! I'm having some troubles with my XBOX Series S while trying to configure an external hard drive. According to the console, the device isn't fast enough to work as an external storage. It...
  5. Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive: Howdy, I want to transfer my old game saves data from my XBOX One onto an external hard drive. I have already formatted an external hard drive (EHD) to use but I can currently only copy the DLC...
  6. New Xbox one S update makes my xbox crash evertime my external hard drive connects

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox one S update makes my xbox crash evertime my external hard drive connects: My WD Black D10 was working fine with my console until the last update. Now when the HD is plugged in, my console makes a freezing noise and shuts down and it keeps repeating in this cycle. There...
  7. What external hard drive can i buy to satisfy the series x games having to be played on the...

in XBoX on Windows
    What external hard drive can i buy to satisfy the series x games having to be played on the...: I believe the external drives have to be spec'd to a certain speed and WD was going to release some. Maybe the WD P10 5TB? Please advise! 4ab85aec-6435-4e57-a47d-37e6f1c38f55
  8. Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...: When I go to transfer clips to an external drive, it will function for a while and then will all of a sudden close without any indication of it continuing the process. is this supposed too happen...
  9. What's the point of selling external hard drives SPECIFICALLY FOR XBOX SERIES X/S if you...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What's the point of selling external hard drives SPECIFICALLY FOR XBOX SERIES X/S if you...: I bought an external hard drive that was specifically made for Xbox Series X/S. I was told it would allow me to store and be played off of yet that was not true when I attempted to actually play a...
  10. why am i not allowed to just play xbox enhanced games off a external hard drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i not allowed to just play xbox enhanced games off a external hard drive?: if its because "they are enhanced" why not give me a pop up that says "this game will run better if its installed to the internal drive or the expansion card are you sure you wish to play without...