Xbox one external hard drive formatting issues

Discus and support Xbox one external hard drive formatting issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently have purchased a 2Tb external hard drive for my xbox. When plugging in the hard drive, the screen to format it will pop up then quickly go... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ryan Piersza, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Ryan Piersza
    Ryan Piersza Guest

I recently have purchased a 2Tb external hard drive for my xbox. When plugging in the hard drive, the screen to format it will pop up then quickly go away. This happens over and over again, and I am not sure what to do to fix this.

:)

Ryan Piersza, Sep 21, 2022
  2. Scooby Doo Win User

Formatted a External to use on my Xbox One but now my computer is not recognizing it

3. StuartATrueRed Win User

KESU Hard drive not connecting to my Xbox One S

4. gds1972 Win User

Xbox one file system

Hi

I don't know what file format Xbox One uses with external hard drives but when you first connect a drive the console should offer to format the drive for games (If it meets the specs), With my Xbox One I have both a 2TB and 4TB external hard drives connected
    and working without any issues for playing games.
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

0x8007045d Error when downloading any games on XBOX one X internal Harddrive

Hi MarcusWEST1,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue downloading games to your external hard drive on an Xbox One. You may need to

Format
    your external hard drive, this can correct issues with hard drives that may have corrupt data on them.

Please let us know how this goes.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Copy files from Mac to Xbox One external HDD ?

Hi,

Not sure what you wanted to do here, could you elaborate?

As for external hard drives, you can't partition them for use as both external storage for games and for use with your Mac or PC. You can use an external hard drive on the Xbox One as a media drive, though.

If you format an external hard drive for Xbox One games storage, the whole drive is formatted and the file system is changed.
Thema:

1. Xbox one external hard drive formatting issues - Similar Threads - external hard drive

2. “Installation Stopped” Error With External Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Installation Stopped” Error With External Hard Drive: Hi I’m having issues installing anything to my external, I have a Western Digital HDD that has been sitting around so I bought a Sabrent Housing case with built in cooling and 3.0 usb and have...
  3. Critical Problem with XBOX INSIDER Auto-Updates on Original Xbox with external hard drives...

in XboX Insiders
    Critical Problem with XBOX INSIDER Auto-Updates on Original Xbox with external hard drives...: To the mods--(This question IS about xbox insider topics as this problem is only happening to me because of the updates I'm getting from being in the insider program.) I've been in the insider...
  4. External hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive: Hi guys I have 5 external hard drives that have games on for my xbox 1. I unplugged them today to move and when I plugged them back in it came up with a message saying if you’re using it for...
  5. Can't format the External Xbox One Hard Drive Storage to use for Windows?! PLEASE READ!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't format the External Xbox One Hard Drive Storage to use for Windows?! PLEASE READ!!: If you have an external storage hard drive previously used for Xbox One games data and instead wanna use it on Windows, please note that it's no use to just format the drive to erase all the data....
  6. External Hard Drive Issues And It Suck Monkey D$%k

in XboX Insiders
    External Hard Drive Issues And It Suck Monkey D$%k: External Hard Drive Issues I have a black 500 gb external and a green 2tb external The black one works fine The Green one is a f$#k up I can't copy/move/install anything onto it and if it does...
  7. Can't install game pass games on my external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install game pass games on my external hard drive: I've had this problem for a while now but every time I try to install a game onto my external hard drive, the game will get all the way to 100% and then give me an error. This does this for ANY...
  8. Xbox external hard drive not working!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox external hard drive not working!!: So I've had my external hard drive for my Xbox for 2 years now, and I was playing my game and I barley hit hit the cord with my foot and it disconnected and when I plug it into my Xbox the hard...
  9. My external hard drive isn’t letting me play games on my Xbox series S

in XBoX on Windows
    My external hard drive isn’t letting me play games on my Xbox series S: My external hard drive is practically brand new! I was trying to play Fortnite yesterday but it won’t even fully load the game up anymore. But my external hard drive has been acting up to. When I...
  10. External hard drive don't turn off

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive don't turn off: Hello, I have a problem with my external hard drive on Xbox Series X. When the console is turned off in power saving mode, the external hard drive does not turn off. To turn it off, you must use...