Xbox One Elite Series 2 Controller won't control TV volume anymore

Discus and support Xbox One Elite Series 2 Controller won't control TV volume anymore in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've had my back paddles configured to control tv volume for the past 2 years and out of the blue it just stopped working. My girlfriend has the same... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Ty Ledvorowski, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Xbox One Elite Series 2 Controller won't control TV volume anymore

I've had my back paddles configured to control tv volume for the past 2 years and out of the blue it just stopped working. My girlfriend has the same controller configured the same way and it works just fine changing the volume. I verified the controller is up to date, I verified the TV is correctly paired. I've tried doing the "hard reset" on the controller, I reset it to factory settings and tried remapping the buttons, nothing works. The paddles and all of the buttons work when they are mapped to any other command, just not TV up or down. I tried mapping volume up and down on the d-pad, bumpers, etc. to no avail

:)

Ty Ledvorowski, Nov 13, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Ty, we have received some reports that updates may be causing some bugs in some controls, try to do firmware reversal by following the procedure below.

My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Viper7Gamer Win User

how do i raise and lower volume on xbox one s

You can do that with the Elite Series 2 controller. You have to add your home theater to your Xbox if you haven't already.

Using the Xbox Accessories app I added the Volume up, down and mute to the dpad up, down and right to my 3rd preset on my Elite Series 2 controller.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox elite 1 issues with rubber

Hi darrenmonk,,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums.

We won't be able to provide proof that the grips won't peel off as that would be impossible since everyone grips their controller differently, but all we can say is that the series 2 Elite controller was improved with every previous feature in mind and that
    includes the rubberized grips, as they now wrap around all the way to the top of the controller.

There won't be any discounts for owning the original Elite controller.

You can read more about the new Elite controller from the following sites:

5. MaskedMenace136 Win User

Lack of Controller care and innovation

Sorry to hear you are unsatisfied with the current Xbox controllers, however, the question forum is the incorrect place to post your feedback. Unless you are asking about current Xbox controller advancements in-which case that would be the Xbox Elite Controller
    Series 1 and Xbox Elite Controller Series 2. The Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 being the newest on the market and being awarded,
    "Best of E3 2019 - Hardware/Peripheral" - Game Critics Awards.

For more information about these new Xbox controllers please visit the below links.

Xbox Elite Controller Series 1

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2
  6. Kleine B NL Win User

What controller you use?

The controller what i use is the elite series 2 perfect main controller. Before it was the series 1 and i wil never playing with a standard controller anymore. 🙂
Thema:

1. Xbox One Elite Series 2 Controller won't control TV volume anymore - Similar Threads - Elite Series Controller

2. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  3. Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping: I can’t believe I’m even having this issue. It has taken me 1.5 years to get back an Elite Series 2 controller that I sent in for warranty repair along with its accessories. However, the...
  4. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  5. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  6. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  7. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  8. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  9. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  10. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3