Xbox One Elite Series 2 Controller Quality Issues

Discus and support Xbox One Elite Series 2 Controller Quality Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all, So I wanted to get some guidance / spark up a conversation. I was so excited to take delivery of my brand new Xbox Elite Series 2... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SamRHills, Nov 12, 2019.

1. SamRHills
    SamRHills Guest

Hey all,

So I wanted to get some guidance / spark up a conversation.

I was so excited to take delivery of my brand new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller on Monday 4th November. It had been on pre-order for months, and all I had heard was good reviews about the build quality and robustness of the hardware. I took delivery, thought
    about it all day until I finished work, then got home ready for some serious gaming.

Problem was, when I started playing, I noticed that the controller's 'A' button was sticking. I was so disappointed. Something that had reportedly been redesigned from the inside out was suffering from something so basic, so unnecessary. It didn't ease,
    despite a couple of days of use - if anything it got worse - so I called Microsoft who said it would go through their exchange process and would take up to 3 working weeks for me to receive my new controller... When I said to the person on the phone that I
    was deeply disappointed given that I'd spend £159.99 on a controller and pre-ordered to get it on release day, they said I could expedite the exchange for £24.99.

So, first question - has anyone else received exceptionally poor customer service from Microsoft exchange/repairs team over the phone? Is there any way I can flag this to someone?
    Whilst I want to buy direct from Microsoft as the manufacturer, I'm reluctant to following my experience in this instance and in previous interactions to do so...

In my honest opinion this is just not acceptable. To spend such a significant amount of money on what is meant to be a hard-wearing gaming controller and then be told I'd have to wait that long for a replacement (whereas if I'd have bought the controller
    from a third party re-seller I'd be able to take it in and get a straight exchange immediately) is just crazy. The Microsoft rep said they could put me through to their Sales team who could help. When I spoke with the Sales team they tried their utmost but
    said all they could do was order me a new controller and arrange a return on the defective one.

So, I now have £320 out on my credit card whilst I wait for the return of the first controller to be processed. So I take delivery of the second controller and I'm pleased to say that the 'A' button is functioning fine. Unfortunately, however, I'm suffering
    right analogue stick drift...

Second question - has anyone else experienced any hardware issues with the new and improved, built to last Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller straight out of the box?

Both of these controllers have been from
    Lot No./Date 1942.
    A friend has a controller from Lot No. / Date 1937 and it has been fine.

This has seriously put me off going for a third controller. I'm now going to have to return the new controller and wait another week or two for the refund to be processed. At this point, I've lost all faith....

I'd be grateful for some feedback from other members of the community to see whether I have been particularly unfortunate or whether this is something others have experienced?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Sam

:)

SamRHills, Nov 12, 2019
  2. DEREZZINATOR Win User

When Will Microsoft have more Elite series 2 Controllers?

But my question is:

When will Quality Control improve for Elite Series 2 Controller?
  3. mehly Win User

Elite Series 2 Controller has unresponsive face buttons (ABXY)

I have exactly the same issue with the new Series 2 controllers. I ordered the Electronic Volt version, but had to refund it because of the mentioned problem. Then I ordered the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller, thinking a 150€ controller sure can't have these problems, but I was wrong.

So here I am, stuck my old Elite Series 1 controller that still works after several years, but starts to show wear, and I can't upgrade to Series 2 without winning the series-2-build-quality-lottery.
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox elite series 2 controller issue, anyone else having this problem?

5. LegoNinja187 Win User

Microsoft should improve their Xbox One Controllers via quality

I imagine they will be looking at improving the quality of their regular controllers some time soon, just as they did with improving the Elite controller series 2.
  6. MaskedMenace136 Win User

Lack of Controller care and innovation

Sorry to hear you are unsatisfied with the current Xbox controllers, however, the question forum is the incorrect place to post your feedback. Unless you are asking about current Xbox controller advancements in-which case that would be the Xbox Elite Controller
    Series 1 and Xbox Elite Controller Series 2. The Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 being the newest on the market and being awarded,
    "Best of E3 2019 - Hardware/Peripheral" - Game Critics Awards.

For more information about these new Xbox controllers please visit the below links.

Xbox Elite Controller Series 1

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2
Thema:

1. Xbox One Elite Series 2 Controller Quality Issues - Similar Threads - Elite Series Controller

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  4. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  5. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  6. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  7. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  8. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  9. Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking: I've been through 3 of these elite controllers now over the last 2 weeks. First one I bought was the "elite 2 core" And that came with stick drift on both right and left I then got a replacement...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC: Hi I wanted to update the firmware on my new Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller. I installed the Xbox Accessories app, and it prompted me for the update, and I started it But then nothing happens....