Xbox One Elite d-pad down not working

Discus and support Xbox One Elite d-pad down not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey there, Just got a brand new Elite controller in the mail today from UPS, and after taking it out of the packaging I found that the D-pad's down... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Erden-FE4A7969-67C3-4298-B4A2-0BFFA802416C, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Xbox One Elite d-pad down not working

Hey there,

Just got a brand new Elite controller in the mail today from UPS, and after taking it out of the packaging I found that the D-pad's down arrow won't work in any capacity. I updated the controller, reset the console, removed the magnetic attachment and resorted
    to using the bare green inner pad and nothing has worked. All other d-pad directions work surprisingly well, and I haven't tested the paddles on the back yet to see if there are other issues. This alone was enough to warrant concern.

Am I RMA-ing this thing or what?

:)

Erden-FE4A7969-67C3-4298-B4A2-0BFFA802416C, Dec 23, 2015
  2. Elite controller - pressing down on the D-pad often doesn't work in Titanfall

Your not the only one, same issue during light or quicker presses on my Elite controller as well. I use the D-pad for all menu navigation and find it (D-Pad down) failing to register 3-4 out of 10 presses. I refuse to use it, forget gaming with it.

When that button clicks, the input should register, period.

Master Voltage, Dec 23, 2015
  3. JeffCardenas
    JeffCardenas Guest
    Xbox One Controller no longer works (correctly) after last Windows 10 update

Hey StopDinosaur,

Today I'm having the same issue. My wirless Xbox One Controller isn't working properly. If I press the down botton on the D-pad, it keep stuck and moving down forever and my A, B, Start and other buttons stop working :|

JeffCardenas, Dec 23, 2015
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

If I were you I would definitely be returning it for a replacement. You should not be having this type of difficulty with a new device. Keep us updated. Good Luck!

{Parity}, Dec 23, 2015
  5. I have no idea what the RMA process involves, and the online registration requires a product serial and neither of the numbers inside the battery cover will work.

Erden-FE4A7969-67C3-4298-B4A2-0BFFA802416C, Dec 23, 2015
  6. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    {Parity}, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Erden-FE4A7969-67C3- Win User

I have no idea what the RMA process involves, and the online registration requires a product serial and neither of the numbers inside the battery cover will work.
  8. {Parity} Win User

9. {Parity} Win User

If I were you I would definitely be returning it for a replacement. You should not be having this type of difficulty with a new device. Keep us updated. Good Luck!
  10. BlastingAxis Win User

FAVORITE CONTROLLER

for the xbox one it would be my elite controller love the weight and the rubberized grips, for the 360 was the controller that the d-pad spun from a d-pad to a disc I don't really play any other consoles so lol
  11. WPAK Win User

Xbox One Controller: D-PAD - 4 or 8 position?

Hi there,

based on by looking at the controller the D pad has for positions, Up, Down, Left and Right.

But, when you are playing a game like Mortal Kombat pressing both Down and Left will be considered a seperate position (at least that is my experience)

Also the Elite controller has the option to replace the standard D-Pad to a different one to more easily be able to do the Down-Left, Down-Right, Up-Left adn Up-Right positions
Thema:

1. Xbox One Elite d-pad down not working - Similar Threads - Elite pad down

2. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...
  3. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  4. DON'T BUY THE ELITE PRO 2! And definitely don't send it in for repair, if you want it to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    DON'T BUY THE ELITE PRO 2! And definitely don't send it in for repair, if you want it to...: Sent in my Elite Pro 2 controller, since the left bumper stopped responding consistently. It came back a week and a half later, and the techs apparently used a freaking crowbar to pry the face...
  5. Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return: I have now created a total of 4 return requests with no shipping label being generated each time. Spoken to numerous customer service representatives who have advised to cancel and start a new...
  6. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  7. Elite 2 D-pad Right Arrow Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 D-pad Right Arrow Not Working: A few days ago, there was an update for my Elite 2 controller which I installed. Since then, the D-pad right arrow has been having issues in Call of Duty. The right arrow calls in a kill streak in...
  8. Xbox Elite 2 controller repair - D pad not always responsive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 controller repair - D pad not always responsive: My controller was less than 6 months old and used less than 2 times a week. The bumper buttons started to act up, stick, or you’d have to press harder to get the response. Using compressed air on...
  9. Elite pad never returned or updated

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite pad never returned or updated: I sent my elite pad off 4 week ago and the dispatch company has sent me the proof that they delivered it but the webiste still says i need to send my pad and i cant get through to customer...
  10. I sent my elite pad off to be fixed under warranty 3 week ago haven’t had any update what...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I sent my elite pad off to be fixed under warranty 3 week ago haven’t had any update what...: All info is in the question. 77e96e36-f330-4b87-8664-6f00b233cec1