Xbox one Elite controller: Thanks Xbox users! Thanks for nothing Microsoft Support

Discus and support Xbox one Elite controller: Thanks Xbox users! Thanks for nothing Microsoft Support in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been a loyal Microsoft customer since the DOS days. I have been a retail consumer for every home operating system put out. I have also bought... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ThruxtonR, Mar 31, 2018.

1. ThruxtonR
    ThruxtonR Guest

Xbox one Elite controller: Thanks Xbox users! Thanks for nothing Microsoft Support

I have been a loyal Microsoft customer since the DOS days. I have been a retail consumer for every home operating system put out. I have also bought every generation of Xbox consoles and currently have a Xbox one S and a Xbox one X.

I can't remember ever asking for warranty assistance from Microsoft before this left stick drift issue with my Elite controller I purchased from BestBuy.

After 6 months, my FPS characters started moving forward on their own. I would just jiggle the stick and everything was good.

Then it rapidly started getting worse. at 9 months, it was to the point that I had to go back to my stock controller.

I felt as though this was pretty darn weak that the Microsoft "Elite" flagship controller is only good for 9 months but I knew the warranty was 90 days so I didn't even think about asking for help from Microsoft.

Then I read that Microsoft was doing the right thing and replacing the controllers under warranty even after the 90 days. I was so happy to hear this!

I contacted Microsoft on the Xbox live chat and they were so nice. The lady took down my serial number and said Microsoft will ship out a replacement and that I didn't even have to bother sending back my broken Elite controller.

Good for you Microsoft for stepping up to the plate and making good on whatever mistake you made in the build of these Elite controllers!

Now that I was interested in the subject, I started reading more online about the left stick drift problem.

I knew from reading that the only real fix was to replace the bad thumbstick module. I felt at this point I had nothing to lose since Microsoft said I did not need to return the bad controller, and the replacement modules were like 11$ for two. I ordered
    the modules and some other supplies I would need for the job.

Several days later I get home from work and a box from Microsoft is on my porch. I am so excited since I got the replacement controller in time for the March 27 release of Farcry 5, which I had on preorder.

I pick up the box though and I immediately know something is wrong; the box is very light in weight.

I open it right away and inside is a brand new, awesome......empty Xbox one Elite controller case.

Arrgh. Oh well, I make plenty of mistakes, so no big deal. I get back on with the Microsoft Xbox support live chat again and give them my case number. This time I get a different lady and she is not as nice as the first one. I tell her about their mistake.
    She apologizes for sending me the case instead of the controller. OK, great, no big deal. Can you please rush the controller? Farcry 5 release is in a few days!

No she says, she cannot rush it. In fact, she can't send a controller at all since mine is way out of warranty. I explained what had already been promised to me, knowing she could likely already see that in the live chat log. No, we cannot send you a controller.
    I then chatted with a supervisor (after a long wait) and he said I now need to return my old controller! At this point, it is in pieces on my workbench and not returnable. After some pleading, he agrees to ship me a new controller. Two weeks go by and I have
    not received anything other than one email recanting the chat log, including the part where the supervisor said he would ship a new controller.

I get back on with chat the third time. I give the case number. She looks it up. No, no controller will be shipped. You need to return your old controller. I ask for a supervisor. The supervisor says the same thing.

I gave up.

All these years. All these thousands of dollars I have spent on Microsoft products. I ask for help on a $150 controller and this is the resulting customer service.

Thanks a lot for nothing Microsoft.

So here is the good news:

After all this I start taking the repair of my broken controller seriously and with the help of how to posts online by other Xbox customers, and a lot of scary moments, my replacement module I bought on Amazon is working perfectly.

I did buy a de-soldering station, also on Amazon, for the job but also because I always wanted one. It was a big help.

Sorry this was so long. I am not usually a complainer.

This is more to get this frustration off my chest than anything else. It is not about the $150. It is about doing what is right.

Moral of the story:

Don't take apart your broken Xbox one Elite controller even if Microsoft support says they don't need you to return it.

Thanks,

Alan

:)

ThruxtonR, Mar 31, 2018
  2. xsv
    xsv Guest
    Thanks for nothing microsoft

i have had problems downloading Halo master chief collection, the download bar kept dropping from 44% to 24% and so on.

I tried it 3 times and it failed. Now on the release date, i have to try yet again while everyone else can play the game.

The funny thing is you need almost 2 days to download 60gigs on a 5mb download connection. What if this time fails as well,

when am i gonna play the game i paid for? in a week?

Thanks for [mod removed] us over microsoft, no really [mod removed] YOU!!!

3. Thanks for nothing microsoft

You're an ambassador and you come here and speak like that? Absolutely terrible form mate, if you're that displeased you can voice your opinion here:
    Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice

Also, you can probably imagine there would be a lot of users downloading this particular game, so issues can be expected with the first 48hrs. If you want to avoid this, you could have bought the disc version as I was installed and playing within 20 minutes.

DigitalAssassin, Mar 31, 2018
  4. Xbox one Elite controller: Thanks Xbox users! Thanks for nothing Microsoft Support

First of all Microsoft, or any company, do not care about your loyalty. They only care about how much money they can get from you.

The problem here is that Microsoft are in the right legally. The controller is out of warranty and as such they do not have to replace it for you. It would have been nice if they are replaced it for you as a gesture of goodwill but these big corporations don't
    get the money they have by being nice.

I suspect that the first person you talked to either lied, which I would hope is not the case, or simply made a genuine mistake. It is very likely that the reason you received a empty box was so the broken controller could be returned in the correct packaging.
    Most people I know don't keep the boxes of things like controllers.

Lastly it would be a good idea to break your post up with paragraphs. A wall of text isn't pleasant to read and most people simply won't bother.

Zen Like Calm, Mar 31, 2018
  5. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Unfortunately the way support is these days, I wouldn't doubt it.

Smwutches, Mar 31, 2018
  6. ThruxtonR
    ThruxtonR Guest
    It wasn't an empty box. It was a case for the Elite controller.

ThruxtonR, Mar 31, 2018
  7. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    "First of all Microsoft, or any company, do not care about your loyalty. They only care about how much money they can get from you."

I sort of disagree. Loyal customers generally spend more money and as such they get more from you.

The Elite controller is savage, but they aren't built to last. They are extremely overpriced. €150.00 is cra cra.

brandiesel1, Apr 2, 2018
  8. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest

Problem is though that lets for argument sake say that Microsoft sent out an elite controller to the original poster (that means Microsoft has lost some money) then someone else calls saying the same thing, so Microsoft now sends out another controller,
    and another and another. How long before Microsoft stops sending out free Elite controllers? when its costing them thousands of dollars a month?

Microsoft stuck to what they have to do legally, nothing more, nothing less.

Shaggy2000, Apr 4, 2018
  9. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    Why do people think you have to be a Loyal Customer to try and win things? No company cares about your "loyalty". Sure some may offer good customer service and have staff or management that like you. You don't hear me going on about how I've been a loyal
    customer for, myself, 7 years of Xbox goodness.

But trust me, if you want bad Support and bad Management, take a look at Facebook. They have

NO CHAT

NO PHONE NUMBERS

NO EMAIL

NO addresses except their American address HQ

You have to fill out "the appropriate form".

They don't even get back to your enquiry within 24, 48, or 72 HOURS. In fact you'll be extremely lucky if they even get back to your enquiry! And even more lucky if they can respond to your enquiry within 2 weeks. THAT is bad support. Facebook also is notorious
    with SMS verification sending too. I can receive sms verification codes to my phone from ANZ/Microsoft/Apple/Sony/Google/Yahoo! INSTANTLY, and I live in NZ! Vodafone, my ISP, said it's an issue on Facebook's side. NOW THAT IS BAD SUPPORT.

Microsoft has good support! They have

CHAT

PHONE NUMBERS

EMAILS

PHYSICAL ADDRESSES IN NEW ZEALAND (Auckland and Wellington), AUSTRALIA, UK, US, CANADA.

Chat support is usually up to 30 minutes wait at worst! and averages like only a 5 minute wait time. They ALSO reply to all enquiries you submit to them with 12-24 hours, they send you feedback emails, well Microsoft being a big company does have high standards
    to support.

As for the Elite Controller, it's an overpriced hunk of plastic. However if you want a better experience, move to Australia or New Zealand as we have BETTER legislation rights when it comes to consumer goods which cannot be excluded by any [Microsoft] contract.
    Over here we get 12 months warranty, and if it flops before then, just go back to the retailer (we have several authorized retailers over here) where they'll offer a refund or replacement. And if you want it repaired, Microsoft is obliged by law to repair
    it within a reasonable time. Though most go for the refund or replacement as it can be lengthy dealing with the manufacturer. You should also never open up your controller or your console or your electronics. Only authorized technicians or the company should
    do that. Otherwise that voids the warranty full stop.

Moral of the story, don't buy something expensive if you're not going to get much out of it. I can't see myself getting much out of the Elite Controller. What makes IT 10x more better than the standard controller? Nothing, except for a very few customize
    settings options. It's a gimmick.

smileskybird, Nov 1, 2018
  10. smileskybird Win User

Why do people think you have to be a Loyal Customer to try and win things? No company cares about your "loyalty". Sure some may offer good customer service and have staff or management that like you. You don't hear me going on about how I've been a loyal
    customer for, myself, 7 years of Xbox goodness.

But trust me, if you want bad Support and bad Management, take a look at Facebook. They have

NO CHAT

NO PHONE NUMBERS

NO EMAIL

NO addresses except their American address HQ

You have to fill out "the appropriate form".

They don't even get back to your enquiry within 24, 48, or 72 HOURS. In fact you'll be extremely lucky if they even get back to your enquiry! And even more lucky if they can respond to your enquiry within 2 weeks. THAT is bad support. Facebook also is notorious
    with SMS verification sending too. I can receive sms verification codes to my phone from ANZ/Microsoft/Apple/Sony/Google/Yahoo! INSTANTLY, and I live in NZ! Vodafone, my ISP, said it's an issue on Facebook's side. NOW THAT IS BAD SUPPORT.

Microsoft has good support! They have

CHAT

PHONE NUMBERS

EMAILS

PHYSICAL ADDRESSES IN NEW ZEALAND (Auckland and Wellington), AUSTRALIA, UK, US, CANADA.

Chat support is usually up to 30 minutes wait at worst! and averages like only a 5 minute wait time. They ALSO reply to all enquiries you submit to them with 12-24 hours, they send you feedback emails, well Microsoft being a big company does have high standards
    to support.

As for the Elite Controller, it's an overpriced hunk of plastic. However if you want a better experience, move to Australia or New Zealand as we have BETTER legislation rights when it comes to consumer goods which cannot be excluded by any [Microsoft] contract.
    Over here we get 12 months warranty, and if it flops before then, just go back to the retailer (we have several authorized retailers over here) where they'll offer a refund or replacement. And if you want it repaired, Microsoft is obliged by law to repair
    it within a reasonable time. Though most go for the refund or replacement as it can be lengthy dealing with the manufacturer. You should also never open up your controller or your console or your electronics. Only authorized technicians or the company should
    do that. Otherwise that voids the warranty full stop.

Moral of the story, don't buy something expensive if you're not going to get much out of it. I can't see myself getting much out of the Elite Controller. What makes IT 10x more better than the standard controller? Nothing, except for a very few customize
    settings options. It's a gimmick.
  11. brandiesel1 Win User

"First of all Microsoft, or any company, do not care about your loyalty. They only care about how much money they can get from you."

I sort of disagree. Loyal customers generally spend more money and as such they get more from you.

The Elite controller is savage, but they aren't built to last. They are extremely overpriced. €150.00 is cra cra.
  12. Smwutches Win User

I suspect that the first person you talked to either lied, which I would hope is not the case,
    Unfortunately the way support is these days, I wouldn't doubt it.
  13. Zen Like Calm Win User

First of all Microsoft, or any company, do not care about your loyalty. They only care about how much money they can get from you.

The problem here is that Microsoft are in the right legally. The controller is out of warranty and as such they do not have to replace it for you. It would have been nice if they are replaced it for you as a gesture of goodwill but these big corporations don't
    get the money they have by being nice.

I suspect that the first person you talked to either lied, which I would hope is not the case, or simply made a genuine mistake. It is very likely that the reason you received a empty box was so the broken controller could be returned in the correct packaging.
    Most people I know don't keep the boxes of things like controllers.

Lastly it would be a good idea to break your post up with paragraphs. A wall of text isn't pleasant to read and most people simply won't bother.
  14. Shaggy2000 Win User

Problem is though that lets for argument sake say that Microsoft sent out an elite controller to the original poster (that means Microsoft has lost some money) then someone else calls saying the same thing, so Microsoft now sends out another controller,
    and another and another. How long before Microsoft stops sending out free Elite controllers? when its costing them thousands of dollars a month?

Microsoft stuck to what they have to do legally, nothing more, nothing less.
Thema:

1. Xbox one Elite controller: Thanks Xbox users! Thanks for nothing Microsoft Support - Similar Threads - Elite controller Thanks

2. Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...: I have owned both a elite one and Elite 2 both of which the glued hand grips have come away one actually injuring me so I was wondering if Microsoft was going to drop their scummy attitude of...
  3. My Xbox Elite 2 left controller wont work when I push down to use.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Elite 2 left controller wont work when I push down to use.: while playing the Left controller wont function when I push down to use that function. how do i fix that. its only 8 months old . 9995a63b-4a8a-4090-9d1a-a3b32fec8997
  4. When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...: When my controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) is in hair-trigger mode and I push down and continue to push down it makes this weird squeaking noise. This does not happen with my left trigger. I have...
  5. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  6. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  7. I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...: I've had this pad since last December and now I'm start to get a major stick drift on the right analog stick. However I didn't purchase it directly from Microsoft/Xbox. What can I do. Can I get a...
  8. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  9. My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware: Why my Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware? The rest of my controlller updated to the firmware 5.20.7.0 without any problem, but The Elite 2 remains with 5.17.3202.0. The...
  10. controller elite series 2 barely working

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller elite series 2 barely working: my LB and RB stopped working ages ago and required a heavy amount of force so i switched to the back buttons which have been working, until most of my buttons stopped working fully execpt my RT,...