Xbox One Elite Controller low quality parts.

Discus and support Xbox One Elite Controller low quality parts. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an elite controller that is barely 3 months old and the left stick has drift both up and down. Why is a controller that costs darn near as much... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DJ TechnoViking, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Xbox One Elite Controller low quality parts.

I have an elite controller that is barely 3 months old and the left stick has drift both up and down.

Why is a controller that costs darn near as much as the console itself made with such low quality parts? It is ridiculous that these are not made with any sort of standard when it comes to quality control and durability judging by the large amount of people
    with this same problem.

I have had many controllers over my years and not once on any of my normal controllers has my left stick had drift. It makes playing games a damned headache cause the $200 xbox one elite controller I am using like I have used all my other controllers keeps
    moving me.

:)

DJ TechnoViking, Aug 8, 2019
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

3. brandiesel1 Win User

The left stick failing on the Elites is very common and almost a certainty.

Here is a servicing an Elite controller link.
  4. AridLizard Win User

I've been gaming since the Commodore PET and controllers for the Xbox One are very fragile and it's always the same 2 issues; buttons becoming unresponsive or stick drift.

I'm now going for the cheapest controllers available (Xbox One Afterglow wired controller for £25 instead of £50 for a standard controller).

the Xbox 360 controllers were great and pretty robust, it's a shame the new XBONE controllers can't compete with them.
  5. choppyseize Win User

It's definitely not a certainty. I've had three elites and never had this issue once. Mine have always lasted for a long time. A lot of the complaints come down to the users play style and how they care for the controller. Luckily they do come with a longer
    limited warranty and you can arrange a repair for them.
  6. HyperVenom523 Win User

On all my 3 elites the rubber covering it has come unglued itself I stopped buying them because of that I can only hope the elite 2 has that fixed or has no rubber grip at all
Thema:

1. Xbox One Elite Controller low quality parts. - Similar Threads - Elite Controller low

2. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  3. Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping: I can’t believe I’m even having this issue. It has taken me 1.5 years to get back an Elite Series 2 controller that I sent in for warranty repair along with its accessories. However, the...
  4. I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...: I have a xbox 360 elite console, and it has sat for a bit, but am breaking it back out, it powers on and everything but the controller no longer works. Are there "new" controllers that can be...
  5. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  6. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  7. Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10: Is there any way to configure an Xbox elite controller on Windows 10? The Xbox accessories app no longer works and tells me I need to update my Windows OS. My computer isn't eligible for an...
  8. Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...: was doing a controller firmware update when my controller disconnected from the charger causing the update to stop, leaving my Xbox home button flashing and controller unresponsive. Have changed...
  9. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  10. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...