Xbox One Elite Controller Headphone Jack Audio Quality

Discus and support Xbox One Elite Controller Headphone Jack Audio Quality in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello there! I was wondering if the Elite controller had some sort of an improvement over the standard Xbox One controller headphone jack as in audio... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DavidSage3, Mar 28, 2019.

1. DavidSage3
    DavidSage3 Guest

Hello there! I was wondering if the Elite controller had some sort of an improvement over the standard Xbox One controller headphone jack as in audio quality, if basically the sound was any better?

Thank you very much in advance!

:)

DavidSage3, Mar 28, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

There is also the option to connect your headphones via Bluetooth.

I hope this answers your question.
    I have the Elite controller, and you can NOT connect your headphones via Bluetooth.

Also, the Elite controller has the same 3.5mm audio jack as the other controllers. As the sound is transmitted to the controller digitally, and then turned into an analogue signal, you won't hear a difference.

You'll get the most audio improvements by choosing "Windows Sonic" as an audio format for your headphones, or if you're willing to pay money for the Dolby Atmos for Headphones app, you can also activate Dolby Atmos for your headphones.

But the overall sound quality is mostly dependent on the speakers built into your headphones than the actual audio jack in the controller.

Also to "defend" the headphone jack:

I use a Plantronics RIG 400HX headset. It has a volume slider and mute switch in it's cable, so you can adjust the volume and mute the microphone with the flick of a switch.

And since Plantronics is known for making professional headsets that are used in callcenters and other professional environments, the Plantronics headset is also comfortable to wear for extended periods.
  3. [Farscape] Win User

Are Xbox Design Lab controllers compatible with Windows 10?

they are the same as the standard xbox one s controllers, so with pc you can use via bluetooth(audio through headphone jack not supported)

or wired(supports audio via headphone jack)
  4. JUST DO IT415 Win User

Was audio quality something you were looking for? I would say investing in a nice set of headphones is better than getting an elite controller.
  5. brandiesel1 Win User

The overall performance of the Elite is better than the normal controller while it lasts. The problem is, it won't last long. The quality of the parts and the quality of the manufacturing is worse. I would say the headphone jack is exactly the same.
  6. WUIJIBOBO Win User

I avoid using the Xbox One controller headphone jack because I prefer having physical buttons to mute and adjust volume. If you don't spending a little bit of extra cash, I'd recommend picking up the Xbox One Stereo Headset adaptor or the Turtle Beach
    Headset Audio Controller Plus. Both plug into the bottom of your controller, offer great sound quality and have physical buttons for muting your mic, and adjusting individual volumes for game audio and chat audio.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Elite Controller Headphone Jack Audio Quality - Similar Threads - Elite Controller Headphone

2. I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...: I have a xbox 360 elite console, and it has sat for a bit, but am breaking it back out, it powers on and everything but the controller no longer works. Are there "new" controllers that can be...
  3. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  4. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  5. Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10: Is there any way to configure an Xbox elite controller on Windows 10? The Xbox accessories app no longer works and tells me I need to update my Windows OS. My computer isn't eligible for an...
  6. Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...: was doing a controller firmware update when my controller disconnected from the charger causing the update to stop, leaving my Xbox home button flashing and controller unresponsive. Have changed...
  7. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  8. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  9. Elite Controller 2 Headphone Jack - can it be disabled?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller 2 Headphone Jack - can it be disabled?: Causing a problem with Dying Light 2 on pc. Sound wants to keep switching to controller headphone jack. Since I don't use the jack (and have no plans to ever use it) the game sound cuts out...
  10. My xbox elite controller is saying a headphone jack is plugged in when it's not

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controller is saying a headphone jack is plugged in when it's not: [img] So my Xbox Elite Controller (NOT A WIRELESS CONTROLLER) says that a headphone jack is plugged in when no headphone jack is even near my controller (and no its not my xbox that is doing this,...