XBOX ONE, EDGE, MY XBOX LIVE GOLD ACCOUNT, and ALWAYS asks for a CONFIRMATION Number

Discus and support XBOX ONE, EDGE, MY XBOX LIVE GOLD ACCOUNT, and ALWAYS asks for a CONFIRMATION Number in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Internets and Techs has made me lazy. Why exactly do I have to have a security code sent to my email addy WHILE IM ON THE XBOX ONE I OWN, I CHECK DON'T... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Shad0wman2o1o, Dec 20, 2015.

1. XBOX ONE, EDGE, MY XBOX LIVE GOLD ACCOUNT, and ALWAYS asks for a CONFIRMATION Number

Internets and Techs has made me lazy. Why exactly do I have to have a security code sent to my email addy WHILE IM ON THE XBOX ONE I OWN, I CHECK DON'T ASK ME TO HAVE TO CONFIRM THIS ACCOUNT EVERY SINGLE TIME I WISH TO DOWNLOAD A FREE GAMES w GOLD thing.
    Is there a single possible way to end this misery for me, otherwise, i won't renew, simple thing, simple request.

Why would it not know that my acct is ALWAYS Here, doesn't move, IP never changes, I always use the same devices, am never going to give anybody my acct info, yet, i have to go through so DOD type security just to download a game, ludicrous and im fed up
    with always having to do it, i refuse, fix it or get not one more dime for me. thanks for your support

:)

Shad0wman2o1o, Dec 20, 2015
  2. ANDRSN530
    ANDRSN530 Guest
    Xbox one security email code

Every time I turn on my Xbox one, it's signs me out of my account so I have go back and sign in. When I select my account, a window pops up and asks for the password for my outlook.com account. Then after typing in the correct password, another window pops up
    and asks for a code to an Gmail address that isn't mine. It keeps sending confirmation codes to the wrong email address so Im locked out of my Xbox one live account. My outlook Microsoft account online they ask the password for isn't even linked to my Xbox.
    I'm really confused and upset because I bought a years worth of gold live and can't use use it. Please help, thank you

ANDRSN530, Dec 20, 2015
  3. Rim K Hardy
    Rim K Hardy Guest
    Paying for nothing

Hello, I just made a payment for one month of Xbox Live Gold and I received the confirmation email but on my Xbox it says I do not have Xbox Live Gold. Help me please. Cordially.

My GamerTag :

My Email Account : [MOD REMOVED]

Rim K Hardy, Dec 20, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

XBOX ONE, EDGE, MY XBOX LIVE GOLD ACCOUNT, and ALWAYS asks for a CONFIRMATION Number

Sorry to hear it. It sounds as though you may have two-step verification turned on. You should be able to turn it off by going to commerce.microsoft.com and select the security option then more security options and scroll down to find the option for two-step
    verification

onyxishere, Dec 21, 2015
  5. Negator. Do NOT have 2 step verification turned on. I did just turn it on and then off( which i'm certain will cause some other issues. Will spend an unnecessary amount of time with support figuring out how to ultimately not get anything fixed or done.

Shad0wman2o1o, Dec 22, 2015
  6. No 2 step verification. Why in what world, would I have to, from the actual XBOX ONE Edge browser have to have a security code sent to my email? Why?

Shad0wman2o1o, Jan 6, 2016
  7. Been on the phone for 30 minutes with MS, Xbox. Am on hold as the guy sent me twice to go turn off 2-step verification. The guy from India who seems to speak English isn't finding a way to fix this issue either. Good times. Funny.

Shad0wman2o1o, Jan 6, 2016
  8. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry, missed your other posts. If the phone agent is unable to help you then you should request to have the issue Escalated. It will be sent to a higher team to investigate and try to solve for you.

onyxishere, Oct 31, 2018
  9. Shad0wman2o1o Win User

No 2 step verification. Why in what world, would I have to, from the actual XBOX ONE Edge browser have to have a security code sent to my email? Why?
  10. onyxishere Win User

Sorry, missed your other posts. If the phone agent is unable to help you then you should request to have the issue Escalated. It will be sent to a higher team to investigate and try to solve for you.
  11. Shad0wman2o1o Win User

Been on the phone for 30 minutes with MS, Xbox. Am on hold as the guy sent me twice to go turn off 2-step verification. The guy from India who seems to speak English isn't finding a way to fix this issue either. Good times. Funny.
  12. Shad0wman2o1o Win User

Negator. Do NOT have 2 step verification turned on. I did just turn it on and then off( which i'm certain will cause some other issues. Will spend an unnecessary amount of time with support figuring out how to ultimately not get anything fixed or done.
  13. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear it. It sounds as though you may have two-step verification turned on. You should be able to turn it off by going to commerce.microsoft.com and select the security option then more security options and scroll down to find the option for two-step
    verification
Thema:

1. XBOX ONE, EDGE, MY XBOX LIVE GOLD ACCOUNT, and ALWAYS asks for a CONFIRMATION Number - Similar Threads - EDGE LIVE GOLD

2. Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...: Ever since EA shut off the servers for Cataylst I haven’t been able to take game captures at all. This is only a problem for Xbox, it works fine when I’m on Pc. Until the servers went offline I...
  3. Xbox Series X Edge browser optimizations

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Edge browser optimizations: There is a problem with the Xbox Series X and the Edge browser. It is not being given enough resources to run sites properly and many websites will crash the browser if you're on them too long....
  4. Beeping noise coming from wireless headset when on microsoft edge

in XBoX on Windows
    Beeping noise coming from wireless headset when on microsoft edge: I have a wireless headset and when I go on microsoft Edge to watch something I hear a beep noise. This noise seems to be completely random sometimes happening 3-4 times in a short span or i...
  5. On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen

in XBoX on Windows
    On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen: On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen bcc5a3af-b8f0-4562-a689-5447d0a34a0e
  6. Why has Microsoft edge stopped

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has Microsoft edge stopped: I'm on a Xbox 1 Microsoft edge stopped working today I can't search anything use my A button or even see my cursor when in the app but when I leave everything The following buttons work Y for...
  7. Anyway to stream/screenshare Microsoft Edge for Discord on Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyway to stream/screenshare Microsoft Edge for Discord on Xbox?: Is there ANY, absolutely ANY way I could possibly stream my Xbox screen to a discord call? I know that Discord only screenshares GAMES using the actual Xbox-Discord prompt, but me and a couple of...
  8. Can We Improve Microsoft Edge Browser?

in XboX Insiders
    Can We Improve Microsoft Edge Browser?: Only Browser that we have on Xbox that is somewhat reliable is the edge browser, But it is a struggle , Freezing issues , Bugs and glitches , Video/Movie streaming is unstable, would love to see...
  9. Edge having issues with video (ASA Xbox Series X)

in XboX Insiders
    Edge having issues with video (ASA Xbox Series X): Edge is having performance issues lately in general on boot up and on general sites. On video its very bad video tends to become "framey" and makes a lot of content unwatchable works fine on other...
  10. how do i remove a edge virus

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i remove a edge virus: pretty much everytime i click on something on my xbox’s microsoft edge i get taken to a tab called nossairt or waisheph which shows me some sort of add and makes it impossible to use the edge...