Xbox One dropping internet connection and forgetting Wi-Fi

Discus and support Xbox One dropping internet connection and forgetting Wi-Fi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I have spent the last couple of hours attempting to play COD: Black Ops 3 with a group of my friends, but every time I get into a game it drops the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NotoriousGerbil, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Xbox One dropping internet connection and forgetting Wi-Fi

So, I have spent the last couple of hours attempting to play COD: Black Ops 3 with a group of my friends, but every time I get into a game it drops the connection and forget the Wi-Fi, and when I attempt to reconnect to the Wi-Fi no signal appears. My other
    devices connected to the same Wi-Fi do not experience the same issues and this issue isn't just related to Black Ops 3 it happens when I am at the home screen as well. My old xbox one did not do this and I just got an Elite so idk if this is the problem or
    not. My NAT type is open and I have added all of the ports needed for Xbox One. I have tried everything that I could think of in order to get this to work but, have yet to figure it out. Hard resetting the console is the only way that I have been able to connect
    back to the internet and that is only a temporary fix ( literally only for a few minutes.)

-

:)

NotoriousGerbil, Dec 24, 2015
  2. Slevin310
    Slevin310 Guest
    Xbox Live and hotel Wi-Fi via Ethernet?

I need to find a way to connect my Xbox 360 to the Wi-Fi at hotels, considering I go to one almost every month. I have a game review due by thursday and I need to get this internet working. The issue is, hotels usually take you to a website where you have to log in on a website to connect to the Wi-Fi. This makes the Xbox Live connection impossible if you're doing it through Wi-Fi....

But what if I logged into the Wi-Fi on my laptop and connected my Xbox 360 to the laptop via Ethernet Cable. I have Windows 7 so I'm guessing there's some Microsoft internet sharing option that's compatible with other Microsoft products.... right?

Slevin310, Dec 24, 2015
  3. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    Will Xbox One have Wi-Fi N?

Will Xbox One have Wi-Fi N built into it? Or will an ethernet connection be required for internet connectivity?

smileskybird, Dec 24, 2015
  4. Rishabh0067 Win User

Can’t connect my iPhone mobile hotspot to Xbox One Console.

Forget and Reconnect to the Hotspot:
    On your Xbox One console, you might want to "forget" any previously saved Wi-Fi networks and then reconnect to your iPhone's hotspot:

Navigate to "Settings" on your Xbox One.
    Select "Network."
    Choose "Advanced settings."
    Select your Wi-Fi network (if listed), then choose "Forget."
    After forgetting the network, you can attempt to reconnect by following the steps to connect to a new Wi-Fi network and selecting your iPhone's hotspot.
  5. DominumStige Win User

Xbox one keeps signing me out of games and Xbox live

Hi!

Verify that the console is
    correctly connected
    to the internet. Also if the console is connected to a Wi-Fi connection, try using an ethernet cable: the Wi-Fi signal can be unstable in multiplayer.
  6. ImpaledGremlin Win User

Randomly getting disconnected from wifi

Always if possible go with a wired connection.

Wi fi can tend to drop for a little time but it's enough to cause an issue.

You could also look at a powerline adapter to extend your network around the house avoiding using wi fi.

Other options would be to contact your internet/router provider and see if they have any guidance, I know over in the uk many people had issues with Virgins network provided router with wi fi dropping.

Hope you sort it
  7. KhajiBower34 Win User

Xbox series s disconnects and won't reconnect to wifi saying password doesn't match when it does

Hello Stoop14mc , My name is Khaji I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing Wi-Fi connection issues with your Xbox Series S. Here are some steps you can take to try to fix this issue:

Check your Wi-Fi password: Make sure you're entering the correct password when trying to connect your Xbox Series S to your Wi-Fi network. You can check the password on your router or ask your Internet provider to provide you with the correct password if you have forgotten it.
    Restart your router: Turn off your Wi-Fi router and disconnect it from the power source for a few minutes. Then turn it back on and wait for it to reboot completely. Once the router is online again, try connecting your Xbox Series S to the Wi-Fi network.
    Forget Wi-Fi on Xbox: Go to the network settings on your Xbox Series S and look for the option to forget the Wi-Fi network you're trying to connect to. Then try to connect again by entering the correct password. This can help resolve incorrect authentication issues.
    Check Wi-Fi signal strength: Make sure the Xbox Series S is close enough to the router to receive a strong, stable Wi-Fi signal. If you are far from the router, the signal may be weak and cause connection problems. Try moving the Xbox Series S closer to the router and see if that fixes the issue.
    Update your router's firmware: Check if firmware updates are available for your Wi-Fi router and, if necessary, update it to the latest version. Firmware updates often fix compatibility issues and improve connection stability.
    Reset Xbox Series S network settings: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, you can try resetting the network settings on your Xbox Series S. Go to the console's network settings and look for the option to reset settings network. Please note that this will erase any custom network settings and you will need to reconfigure your Wi-Fi connection from scratch.

If the reply was helpful, please don't forget to upvote or accept as an answer, thank you
  8. Internet Expert Win User

Problem downloading the mandatory upgrade

Have you tried a wired connection? Have the Xbox directly connect to the Internet router/modem/gateway with an ethernet cable.

Wi-Fi signal may occasionally drop out due to interference and such. Let's try to rule out that possibility with a wired connection.
Thema:

Xbox One dropping internet connection and forgetting Wi-Fi

1. Xbox One dropping internet connection and forgetting Wi-Fi - Similar Threads - dropping internet connection

2. Xbox One hdmi signal dropping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One hdmi signal dropping: The HDMI signal between my Xbox One and TV keeps dropping out after a period of working. The signal comes through fine for several minutes and then drops, after it drops, unplugging and plugging...
  3. I dropped my Xbox controller and walked away for 2 minutes to see this

in XBoX on Windows
    I dropped my Xbox controller and walked away for 2 minutes to see this: [img] A couple days ago I when out the room for a couple minutes I dropped the controller and walked out. I come back to see my Home Screen like this on my Xbox one x so I tried to check the...
  4. Why does the connection drop using Ethernet port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the connection drop using Ethernet port: When I connect my Series X to my router with an Ethernet cable, it drops connection, I do not have this problem playing over WiFi. I have tried multiple cables, purchased a new Cat6 cable and I...
  5. xbox drops frames and lags while mouse is connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox drops frames and lags while mouse is connected: I have recently been having problems with my Xbox Series X where my mouse seem to make my games audio and visually lag. For games like fortnite and Call Of Duty, every time I move my mouse my...
  6. im facing crashes ,frame drops while gaming even with good specs. i think might be some...

in XBoX on Consoles
    im facing crashes ,frame drops while gaming even with good specs. i think might be some...: HI, I have a dell g15 gaming laptop with 8gb ram, rtx3050 95w, and intel 11th gen . from several days while playing any game on my laptop im started to face several lags and frame drops . while...
  7. Random Fps drops

in XBoX on Windows
    Random Fps drops: I need help with my pc as it has been having some issues while gaming. I have a rtx 4060, AMD Ryzen 5 7600 and i was playing a game and wanted a different skin and the website that I was on I have...
  8. Dropped Xbox off shelf now it power zone for 10 seconds and power out back off what can I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dropped Xbox off shelf now it power zone for 10 seconds and power out back off what can I...: Yes I dropped my Xbox One off the shelf and now at power zone for 10 seconds shows a Xbox One logo and power is off so there's no trouble shooting can be done any ideas Would be greatly...
  9. Internet speed drops while streaming game. How can I fix it?

in XBoX on Windows
    Internet speed drops while streaming game. How can I fix it?: I have 2 PC's. Using worse one - streaming with no issues on discord and twitch. Using new one - The moment I start stream internet speed slows down and I cant do anything on internet untill I...
  10. Internet speed drop when x1 is on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Internet speed drop when x1 is on: Hi, my internet is about 5.5 Mbps, but when I switch the Xbox one on, it drops to a useless 0.5 Mbps. I am not very technically minded and have no idea what to to! Any friendlies out there who can...