Xbox One - Downloads/Install Stop - Network is Solid for Other Traffic - What is going on?

Discus and support Xbox One - Downloads/Install Stop - Network is Solid for Other Traffic - What is going on? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The xbox is hardwired into the network. Network test reveals everything is connected, open NAT Streaming services such as youtube and netflix stream... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Steve Halverson, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Xbox One - Downloads/Install Stop - Network is Solid for Other Traffic - What is going on?

The xbox is hardwired into the network.

Network test reveals everything is connected, open NAT

Streaming services such as youtube and netflix stream content with no issues

Online games play with no restrictions or issues

Messages and profile app works with no issues

When attempt to download any updates or content from the store - the following happens:

Download starts and then at a seemingly arbitrary percentage it just all stops. No error message or anything it just stops. The bandwidth trickles down to zero and then just freezes. It has been sitting for 24 hours and nothing has happened.

Router and Network Reset several times

Xbox was factory reset twice

What is going on?

:)

Steve Halverson, Jan 22, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Xbox One - Downloads/Install Stop - Network is Solid for Other Traffic - What is going on?

Hi Steve! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

To further isolate the issue, have you tried connecting to your Wi-Fi or try a different network connection like your mobile data hotspot?
  3. Steve Halverson Win User

I have attempted to connect it only within the same network in the home via wi-fi. This yielded the same result.
  4. Steve Halverson Win User

The first reset I kept the games. When that didn't work, I then chose a reset and removed everything.
  5. Rostom L Win User

I appreciate all your effort there. Since your console has been wiped out completely, I believe that the issue is possibly on your network or ISP. To confirm this, would it be possible for you to connect to a different network connection? You could try your mobile data hotspot. Also, you could try using a different router instead if you have an extra router to use there.
  6. Rostom L Win User

Thanks for trying, Steve. You mentioned that you performed factory reset twice, did you choose to keep your games and apps or remove everything?
Thema:

1. Xbox One - Downloads/Install Stop - Network is Solid for Other Traffic - What is going on? - Similar Threads - Downloads Install Stop

2. Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.: How do I fix a game that just says installation stopped every time I try and download it. b8aa3724-e6f7-45f1-8f30-d4a42379b4ae
  3. Trying to install RDR2 on my Xbox 1 but the download keeps stopping for some reason. It...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to install RDR2 on my Xbox 1 but the download keeps stopping for some reason. It...: Trying to install RDR2 on my Xbox 1 but the download keeps stopping for some reason. It also says the game needs an update and I don't even have it installed yet 259bc5a7-f059-4b51-a564-dd1177a5afde
  4. why is my xbox one s keep on saying installation stopped when i try to download forza horizon 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is my xbox one s keep on saying installation stopped when i try to download forza horizon 4: why is my Xbox one s keep on saying installation stopped when i try to download forza horizon 4 and when i get to see how fast it is downloading it inly says 900kbps or 2-5mbps and i have made a...
  5. My games do not download they don’t even start and they say installation stopped, these...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My games do not download they don’t even start and they say installation stopped, these...: So I got a new Xbox series s for Christmas and 1 out of the 5 games I have tried to transfer from my Xbox one to my new one and now the other 4 won’t even start downloading...
  6. Xbox keeps saying installation stopped when I try and download one specific game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox keeps saying installation stopped when I try and download one specific game.: Xbox keeps saying installation stopped when I try and download one specific game. Everytime I try to download the game it stops before even installing at all and gives me the installation stopped...
  7. Why does my Xbox Series s say installation stopped when I try to download a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox Series s say installation stopped when I try to download a game: Please help me with this e27504fe-4a78-44ed-9b2f-74d1f58253bc
  8. XBOX series S Games will not download and Keeps saying "Installation Stopped"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX series S Games will not download and Keeps saying "Installation Stopped": I need Help I have had an issue with my xbox series s for a week now Let me explain I searched online and searched posts on here i have tried The whole Check Wifi Connection, Uninstall and...
  9. Can’t download updates or games to series S. Installation stopped msg

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t download updates or games to series S. Installation stopped msg: I tried to download miasma chronicles the day before yesterday, it wouldn’t download and instead I kept receiving an installation stopped msg in the queue. Wouldn’t even get past 0%. I gave up and...
  10. I'm unable to install Cricket 22 via Xbox app on my PC as the download stops at 22%...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm unable to install Cricket 22 via Xbox app on my PC as the download stops at 22%...: I have tried troubleshooting suggestions such as updating video driver, reinstalling games services, updating windows, reinstalling xbox app and microsoft store. The highest the game downloads to...