Xbox One downloads and updates get stuck in the same place every time.

Discus and support Xbox One downloads and updates get stuck in the same place every time. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Game downloads are stuck, app updates are stuck in downloading phase. Clearing the downloads and restarting them get stuck in the same spot every time.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HankF1234, Nov 28, 2022.

1. HankF1234
    HankF1234 Guest

Game downloads are stuck, app updates are stuck in downloading phase. Clearing the downloads and restarting them get stuck in the same spot every time. Some small apps will complete the updates. I have a wired network connection.

Test network connection passes, test remote play passes, test network speed and statistics results with a 100M download speed.

Things I have tried:

• hard restart
    • system reset
    • connected via another ethernet port in another room
    • connected via WiFi
    • canceled and restarted updates/downloads
    • rebooted router.
    Is there something wrong with my network? Something I should check on the router? Is my Xbox fubar? I can't download any games at all, they all get stuck.

:)

HankF1234, Nov 28, 2022
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent adviser.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on your Xbox problem.

You may want to try doing a reset and clearing everything from the console.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select System.

4. Select Console info

5. Select Reset console.

6. Select Reset and delete everything.

If this does not help, try troubleshooting your network.

Please Go to Settings:

> Network

> Network Settings

> Advanced Settings.

Select the alternate MAC address and then select delete/clear.

You must restart the console for the change to take effect.

And please do this:

Set DNS manually. To manually configure DNS settings, follow the steps below:

1.- Go to Settings

2.- Select Network

3.- Select Network Settings

4.- Select Advanced network settings.

5.- Go to DNS Servers, set it to Manual> enter 8.8.8.8 in the 'Primary' field and 8.8.4.4 in 'Secondary'

If you are still having issues downloading, this could possibly be a hardware problem already and might need a repair.
  3. creepycrawley7 Win User

xbox won't update

done that. still gets stuck on the same place every time.
  4. HortonHears-28AD6E36 Win User

Can't install Forza Horizon 2

I had the same problem with a pre-owned bf4, stopped at 34% every time. Took it back to gamestop and exchanged it and it installed first try while offline. Still stuck trying to download the game's multiplayer update, gets stuck at 1%.
  5. AlphaTmoore Win User

Cannot download my XBL profile

I formatted my hard drive, getting rid of all my hard work over the past year and the same thing happens. I placed a piece of tape over my screen last time to mark where it was getting frozen. After trying to download my profile again, it gets stuck at the
    same place. My friend also gave me his profile and password and it also gets stuck at the same place., about 25% done. IS there anyway I can download my profile on the computer, and place it to my USB and try that?
  6. Duality Artist Win User

Installation Stopped

Yeah I have the same issue. Came home to the Xbox One and was already updated. Tried to download Halo a couple different times and it will get stuck on 99 or 100% and then say "Installation stopped"

I hope MS gets this fixed asap.

Add me...

PS4: darlingharbour

Xbox One:
Thema:

1. Xbox One downloads and updates get stuck in the same place every time. - Similar Threads - downloads updates stuck

2. When a game updates on my Xbox One it downloads at 10-20mbps. I have 300mbps internet and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When a game updates on my Xbox One it downloads at 10-20mbps. I have 300mbps internet and...: Why do my games download so slow? Other devices on my internet download at 200-300mbps * Moved from Community Center 606f93d9-f957-4abd-b363-5c7f393fde2a
  3. Xbox one stuck while downloading update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one stuck while downloading update: My Xbox one is stuck at 93% and won't budge for this recent Xbox update. I have tried unplugging it and can't get the download past 93% 8e7b9d90-c126-4b03-a295-e8efb9918aca
  4. I can not download anything not even a windows update!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can not download anything not even a windows update!?: See what's happening [img] 448a7bb3-707a-4045-b8c9-7a9908e50fd6
  5. Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update): I wanted find out if anyone else is dealing with this issue. I swear this wasn't a issue with the previous update. Or is this a complete Xbox issue entirely, not exclusive to the insider program?...
  6. NBA 2k18 stuck at downloading updates

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NBA 2k18 stuck at downloading updates: Same issue that I've seen before and it's 2023 now but I'm just trying to play the game and it's stuck on downloading updates press a to continue doesn't work and the bar is moving but not showing...
  7. Xbox App, game download stuck on "Checking for updates", and can't start any other games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App, game download stuck on "Checking for updates", and can't start any other games: As the title says. I wanted to install Pillars of Eternity, and the download stopped at 136mb in and the app simply said "Checking for updates". I've tried running Powershell as an administrator...
  8. Xbox PC app stuck on "Checking for updates" preventing me from downloading any other game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC app stuck on "Checking for updates" preventing me from downloading any other game.: Two days ago my Gaming services "died", Xbox app, as said in the title, is constantly checking for updates preventing me from downloading anything else, if I try to cancel the download it gets...
  9. Xbox PC App stuck on checking for updates, can't download, cancel or pause installations.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox PC App stuck on checking for updates, can't download, cancel or pause installations.: I can't download any game, it's stucked on 0 B/S everytime i launched xbox app the same is with canceling any installation or pausing I've tried to fix it, i repaired it and restarted MS and xbox...
  10. Xbox Game Pass App Stuck on "Checking updates", can't download, update or cancel the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass App Stuck on "Checking updates", can't download, update or cancel the...: [img] As I described on this question title, the app seems to be stuck on "checking updates". I have already tried everything in this list: 1) Login with same account on Store and Xbox App, make...