Xbox one - Double NAT + Strict NAT - Both Wired and Wireless

Discus and support Xbox one - Double NAT + Strict NAT - Both Wired and Wireless in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have on my Xbox one a problem of both Double NAT and Strict NAT. Tried many ways, both on Wired (directly to the router) and wireless. Router model:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by YuuTuuYuu, Feb 2, 2021.

1. YuuTuuYuu
    YuuTuuYuu Guest

I have on my Xbox one a problem of both Double NAT and Strict NAT. Tried many ways, both on Wired (directly to the router) and wireless.

Router model: TP Link - WR841N

I already have and had UPnP enabled when I discovered the problems.

I tried the method of turning Bridge mode on, both on wired and wireless, but nothing changes.

Tried turning on DMZ.

Some problems:

I port forwarded all the required ports for xbox, except port 80 TCP that gives the error: "Error: The port of the remote web management is conflicting with of the virtual server."

When the Xbox is wireless, the ip ends with 111, but when I ping it, no response.

When the Xbox is wired, the ip ends with 108, and when I ping it, I get response. However, sometimes when the Xbox was wired, the 111 still showed up on the client list even after refreshing, and sometimes both 111 and 108 showed on the client list, despite the fact that 111 never responses back to pinging.

Another thing that maybe is related, my father claims that he can't send emails through his app (I can through Gmail, and he uses some other email platform).

I am trying to get in contact with the ISP, hoping they are familiar with Xbox's related problems and changing Strict NAT to Open Nat, and double NAT. Is it possible that the fixes for my problems can only be fixed by the ISP, and not through the router settings?

But until then, I'd appreciate help if you have any clue on how to fix my problem.

:)

YuuTuuYuu, Feb 2, 2021
  2. wi7bit Win User

Sound like you are utilising a rural internet solution, due to being too far away from the point of exchange. The dishes bounce a microwave signal around the area. If so, then is going to be tricky.

Most home internets consist of a Gateway (router + modem) whereas yours is just a router. This router is connected (via the dish) to the gateway upstream. Both devices are performing network address translation (double NAT). Putting the gateway into bridge mode can correct this but this will need to be done by your ISP, but I don't think they will be able to do it because of other customers sharing the same gateway.

For details can be found here:

Troubleshoot NAT errors and multiplayer game issues | Xbox Support

The other option is asking them to forward ports to your router, but again sharing maybe an issue.

Network ports used by Xbox Live on Xbox One | Xbox Support

Most other home gateways utilise a protocol called uPnP, which allows the console to control the firewall automatically. So, it just works without configuration.
  3. YuuTuuYuu Win User

Hey wi7bit,

Thank you for replying!

So if I understood correctly, my TP Link router model is connected to another router, which causes double-NAT which also causes my NAT type to be Strict because the console can't open the required ports?

I thought having a modem isn't necessary, and my router is a gateway. I do understand that my router is connected to a satellite-dish on top of our house, is that the "another router up-stream"?

When I read on the internet about the solution, it was explained that having bridge mode, for example, can fix double NAT like I have, why didn't that work?

What should I have prepared to inform the ISP about all the setup that I have, to help them understand my problem about 1. Fixing double NAT and 2. Having NAT type open? Is it not for sure, that the ISP can sort this out because of the router setup that I have?
  4. wi7bit Win User

HI YuuTuuYuu

This is a bit tricky to explain. the TP Link WR841N a services router and does not have a modem. So, this would say to me that this is connected to another router up-stream, hence the double-NAT. It doesn't matter how many ports you open; the console still can't open the ports required on the up-stream router. Only your ISP can sort this out, but I can see this is going to be complicated for them because I am sure you will be sharing a public IP address with other people.

You also maybe not be able to ping the console on Wi-Fi because you may have the Wi-Fi isolation setting turned on. This prevents devices communicating with each other. It is also common that wireless and wired connections have different IP addresses, as the connections have different MAC addresses, so the router thinks they are separate devices.

I hope this gives you what you need to help sort this out with your ISP. Let me know if I can explain anything further for you.
  5. Faded White041 Win User

Two Consoles Same Network, both have open NAT?? Am I missing something?

The wired console can't connect to DHCP and has a strict NAT

The wireless console is fine, open NAT.
  6. Weapon Machine Win User

Profile refusing to connect to Xbox Live

Sorry, didn't read what else I was supposed to put in. I've filled in what I could definitely confirm

STATE/PROVINCE: NSW, Australia

HOW MANY XBOX ONE AND XBOX 360 ARE CONNECTED: Just one Xbone and one Xbox 360

WIRELESS OR WIRED: Both Wireless

NAT ERROR/NAT TYPE?: None, strict I think

ERROR CODES: None

ISP: Bigpond
Thema:

1. Xbox one - Double NAT + Strict NAT - Both Wired and Wireless - Similar Threads - Double NAT Strict

2. Double NAT

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT: I am getting Double NAT detected on my network does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it. It's an Xbox 1S, it has wired Internet and everything we have tried to fix it doesn't work....
  3. I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Can’t get rid of double nat....

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Can’t get rid of double nat....: I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Can’t get rid of double nat. Help? de77dfab-8015-4fc4-8f14-51f0175cd6f9
  4. Double NAT type because of EE 4g Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT type because of EE 4g Wifi: I'm using EE 4g Wifi, which causes a double NAT type. I've contacted EE, and they have no solution on their end. What can I do, other than use a VPN? Can Microsoft do anything?...
  5. Double Nat with only a gateway

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Nat with only a gateway: Hi, so I’m getting double Nat on my series X but I don’t have a modem and a router or any pair of something. I just have my ISP ONT gateway which is connected to an Ethernet switch and then my...
  6. Double Nat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Nat: Hi. My Xbox keeps telling me that Double NAT detected but I’m unsure how to remove it. Can anybody help. This has only started since I’ve had new broadband installed....
  7. Double NAT Type

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT Type: Hello, I'm an Xbox One S user. Not too long ago, after shifting from my previous network source to a new one, I started having UPNP based errors, and after enabling UPNP in the admin's site, I...
  8. Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please: Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please 3d36e8e6-1002-4a11-9210-703c25531f56
  9. My Xbox keeps saying I have a Double NAT and I’m not quite sure how to get rid of it. I’m...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps saying I have a Double NAT and I’m not quite sure how to get rid of it. I’m...: How do I go about fixing a double nat on a wireless system? My minecraft multiplayer is all out of wack and i don’t know why 9401cec4-84ba-416d-83b8-e8095ee99955
  10. How do I fix the double Nat detection on console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix the double Nat detection on console: Got this new internet andi can't play cod and went to the connection settings and it say to come to this website but I'm confused need help like bad 89039808-293b-4f63-be21-4eb18663b864