Xbox one does not work (green/black screen O' Death) after minecraft update.

Discus and support Xbox one does not work (green/black screen O' Death) after minecraft update. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son played Minecraft, from the disc, the other day and it required an update. It took a long time and then said "0% complete" (or something like... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChrisPbassmaster, May 1, 2016.

1. Xbox one does not work (green/black screen O' Death) after minecraft update.

My son played Minecraft, from the disc, the other day and it required an update. It took a long time and then said "0% complete" (or something like that). He played and shut it down.

It no longer works. It boots to the greenscreen and then goes black. If he holds down the power button on the console it will ask if he wants to shut down. It does some other random thing (seeing movable blue boxes and such).

We power cycled many times, tried different HDMI, different TV inputs, left it unpugged over night.

Is there a way to completely reset the console? Any other solutions?

:)

ChrisPbassmaster, May 1, 2016
  2. JAGERMAN
    JAGERMAN Guest
    Black screen after Xbox One New Dashboard Experience update. Now stuck at Xbox One green screen for a hour.

Black screen after Xbox One New Dashboard Experience update. Now stuck at Xbox One green screen for a hour.

JAGERMAN, May 1, 2016
  3. Black Screen after Green logo screen

This just started today. When I turned on my One, it showed me an error screen after the screen screen. I unplugged, power cycled, etc. and i cannot get past the black screen after the green logo screen. I cannot get the console to do anything! Is this just
    the black screen of death many people are talking about? any help is appreciated, except do not tell me to "power cycle" because it doesn't work.

StayedCub8113, May 1, 2016
  4. GhostsArmy
    GhostsArmy Guest

Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall?

GhostsArmy, May 15, 2016
  5. GhostsArmy
    GhostsArmy Guest
    I have Tom Clancy's "The Division" and a similar issue happens to me. What I do which seams to work, when I launch the game and it goes black, press the Xbox button to go back to your home menu, scroll all the way down to games and apps and select Minecraft
    from there. If that fails double tap the Xbox button go down and select restart, then uninstall and reinstall and retest. Please let me know if that fixes it, if not I'll look further into it and see what I can find.

GhostsArmy, May 15, 2016
  6. I ended up wiping the console and reinstalling everything except Minecraft.

ChrisPbassmaster, May 16, 2016
  7. GhostsArmy
    GhostsArmy Guest
    Oh man, I'm sorry. That's rough and extremely frustrating.

GhostsArmy, Oct 31, 2018
  8. GhostsArmy Win User

Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall?
  9. GhostsArmy Win User

Oh man, I'm sorry. That's rough and extremely frustrating.
  10. GhostsArmy Win User

I have Tom Clancy's "The Division" and a similar issue happens to me. What I do which seams to work, when I launch the game and it goes black, press the Xbox button to go back to your home menu, scroll all the way down to games and apps and select Minecraft
    from there. If that fails double tap the Xbox button go down and select restart, then uninstall and reinstall and retest. Please let me know if that fixes it, if not I'll look further into it and see what I can find.
  11. ChrisPbassmaster Win User

I ended up wiping the console and reinstalling everything except Minecraft.
  12. xxxCROWxxx Win User

Xbox One blank screen when i start the console

AHHHHH same damn issue after a week of playing on it. Green logo then black screen of death,
Thema:

1. Xbox one does not work (green/black screen O' Death) after minecraft update. - Similar Threads - does green black

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  4. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  5. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  6. Why does xbox like shafting people

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox like shafting people: I get home from a long days work and i turn on my console to see an update for the game i play. It installs then gets stuck at 1.2% finishing things up. I wait about 20 minutes for nothing to...
  7. I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update: Does my Xbox 360 console need any updates that I am not aware of 70a07d6f-ae55-4f3c-8c1f-41f88fb585b2
  8. How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x: I go to my dads on a Thursday and Sunday and take my xbox series X which obviously has a hdmi port, the port has broke twice over the past 2 years because of this because i forgot to take the hdmi...
  9. Why does my Xbox keep giving terrible green and purple pixelation when I start up games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox keep giving terrible green and purple pixelation when I start up games?: Two times in the last two months I’ve had the problem where my Xbox just erupts into terrible green and purple pixelation and I can’t get away from it. I need help. [img]...
  10. Why does my Xbox 360 E power supply immediately turn from orange to green back to orange...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 360 E power supply immediately turn from orange to green back to orange...: Well my Xbox 360 power button flashed for 2 seconds or more after turn on but the console immediately shuts down even when plugged intp the wall socket And no, my wall socket has no issues....