Xbox One disk drive issues

Discus and support Xbox One disk drive issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is there any remotely easy way to self repair the disk drives. Its honestly ridiculous how Microsoft wont honor repairs on them after 1 year. Its one... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by I Rs NiNjA, Jul 18, 2015.

1. I Rs NiNjA
    I Rs NiNjA Guest

Is there any remotely easy way to self repair the disk drives. Its honestly ridiculous how Microsoft wont honor repairs on them after 1 year. Its one of the major issues plaguing the console. I might try contacting Microsoft one more time to do anything
    but will try self repair if they dont do anything. As a gold member of 7 years, im starting to get tired of Microsoft and will buying all the new releases this fall on ps4 because my disk drive barely works.

:)

I Rs NiNjA, Jul 18, 2015
  2. Buying used Xbox one

Oh yeah make sure to test out the disk drive before you buy it. Some of the launch xbox ones (including mines) had issue with the disc drive no reading and making a loud buzzing noise.

LamaBraveheart, Jul 18, 2015
  3. fastharry
    fastharry Guest
    Disk drive issues!

I got my XB1 about 5 weeks ago....right from the get go I could tell the disc drive was a little wonky...it would gently click and not read the disc....It's only done it a few times but the other day was the first time it would not eject the disc on the
    first try..

Glad I waited until Costco had them in stock when I first bought.....Already ordered another one and will take this one back next week..

fastharry, Jul 18, 2015
  4. Xbox One disk drive issues

Unfortunately unless you got an extended warranty Microsoft can't do anything, Trying a self repair isn't a smart move the cost of Microsoft doing the repair against what you would lose if you mess up, As for the last option that's up to you I hope you get
    things sorted.

GrowlingYapper, Jul 18, 2015
  5. GrowlingYapper Win User

Unfortunately unless you got an extended warranty Microsoft can't do anything, Trying a self repair isn't a smart move the cost of Microsoft doing the repair against what you would lose if you mess up, As for the last option that's up to you I hope you get
    things sorted.
  6. WickedCueball Win User

Disc is ureadable- Help!

Have you tried different disk?

I would try a few different disk (games, dvds, etc). If you have the same problems with those disk then the drive is going bad. If it is just one disk then there is an issue with the disk for some reason.

If it is just the one disk you can try installing the game. Then the only time the drive will read the disk is on start up.
  7. DakkaRaptor Win User

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Xbox GOTY disk not detected on Xbox One, any advice?

I also forgot to add that it could be that its a problem with the actual disk drive as I have had many issues loading xbox one and blu ray disks so could be a factory error.
  8. Hordie Win User

disk drive issue

What the problems? Some disc drives are faulty and this is known, and support over the phone is helping people with those. Some fixed, some can't be fixed.
  9. wherehashegone Win User

Disk Drive issue.

Common problem pal.

Always seems to happen just outside warranty too.

Shoddy MS products for ya.
Thema:

1. Xbox One disk drive issues - Similar Threads - disk drive issues

2. I do have the current Xbox Series X with the disk drive will I need the Digital Xbox Series...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I do have the current Xbox Series X with the disk drive will I need the Digital Xbox Series...: I do have current Xbox Series X with the disk drive and I can play digitally and physically on the two way on it. The Digital Xbox Series X will to be announced in June and to be released in the...
  3. Will the next xbox have a disk drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    Will the next xbox have a disk drive?: I hope Xbox does not get rid of the disk drive. If that is the case I know for a fact that the Xbox series x will be my last system. I collect my physical media. 2972ae98-efe9-489b-9a48-d219811b12c3
  4. Removing the disk drive on the new Series X is a terrible idea

in XboX Insiders
    Removing the disk drive on the new Series X is a terrible idea: Microsoft plans to refresh the Series X in 2024 with a new design which eliminates the disk drive. Stating this as plainly as possible, removing the disk drive from the consoles is a slap in the...
  5. Disk drive probably broken.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disk drive probably broken.: My xbox disk drive doesn't work . When I put in a disk it would spin for like 3 seconds then stop and it does the same thing over and over and then stop spinning....
  6. Xbox disk drive won’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox disk drive won’t work: Microsoft. I’m disappointed. My Xbox one disk drive has stoped working. I have only owned this console for one year. I don’t mind that the drive didn’t work with movies. But I’m upset that I can...
  7. xbox 360 slim disk drive grinding

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim disk drive grinding: i've had this console for years and i've kept it in working condition, i'm not sure if the drive is going bad or if its just hitting the top of the drive casing 2c296d71-1f26-4a5b-baff-fdea1c06e17a
  8. Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive...: Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive? 118863a3-95cc-4416-bde2-d983cb254615
  9. Can I put a Xbox one (disk drive/disk reader) in my Xbox one S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I put a Xbox one (disk drive/disk reader) in my Xbox one S: Can I put a Xbox one (disk drive/disk reader) in my Xbox one S c2abf77f-726c-41ae-8caf-713a9744e6e6
  10. Why do you have to turn off Xbox 360 before removing Hard Disk Drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do you have to turn off Xbox 360 before removing Hard Disk Drive?: Why do you have to turn off Xbox 360 before removing Hard Disk Drive? I tried to find the User's Manual like a PDF File Online but I couldn't. Can someone link me then User's Manual? [img]...