Xbox One Disk Drive Bad AGAIN***

Discus and support Xbox One Disk Drive Bad AGAIN*** in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My husband works in the gaming industry and has worked on multiple top tier titles so having an Xbox in our home has been a staple since the late 90's.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AutumnGoose691, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Xbox One Disk Drive Bad AGAIN***

My husband works in the gaming industry and has worked on multiple top tier titles so having an Xbox in our home has been a staple since the late 90's. Every Xbox we have owned has had some issue with it that cost us more money or complete replacement of
    the unit and I have to ask my self "Why are we staying loyal to company that continues to make a product that fails over and over again". This time it's the Xbox One but no surprise SAME issue we have had with our other consoles. Five days out of warranty,
    yes FIVE, our disk drive has completely crapped out. This is the second maybe even the third XBOX we have had this issue with. I am not shilling out another dime to Microsoft to repair or replace your product. I no longer have faith in the craftsman ship or
    quality of your product. We now have children and they will no longer be a part of or use the XBOX brand. One of our Christmas presents will have to be replaced because we don't have a functioning disk drive to install the game. There are other options for
    our family and today I am going to move on. I no longer support the Xbox franchise.

:)

AutumnGoose691, Dec 22, 2015
  2. Disk unreadable error

If it happens on more then one disk then chances are your disk drive is going bad.

WickedCueball, Dec 22, 2015
  3. shaggy1082
    shaggy1082 Guest
    Flashing Green Light

It sounds like the disk drive might be sticking or going bad. I would contact Xbox and talk to them about a disk drive repair.

shaggy1082, Dec 22, 2015
  4. Xbox One Disk Drive Bad AGAIN***

Since you are out , do you want to sell that one "AS IS" ?

RobertBuckalew, Dec 22, 2015
  5. No. We have too many downloaded games on it. Battlefront is still stuck in the *** drive. Can't play that one...another 60 bucks down the tubes

AutumnGoose691, Dec 22, 2015
  6. Should be able to manually eject it with a large paper clip , but it is tricky...

RobertBuckalew, Dec 22, 2015
  7. J0ND33R3
    J0ND33R3 Guest
    My day one edition just had the problems everyone exoerienced on day one. Mine just happened 2 years later and I dont know what to do. If anyone has advice it would be greatly appreciated

J0ND33R3, Oct 31, 2018
  8. WickedCueball Win User

Disk unreadable error

If it happens on more then one disk then chances are your disk drive is going bad.
  9. shaggy1082 Win User

Flashing Green Light

It sounds like the disk drive might be sticking or going bad. I would contact Xbox and talk to them about a disk drive repair.
  10. WickedCueball Win User

Disc is ureadable- Help!

Have you tried different disk?

I would try a few different disk (games, dvds, etc). If you have the same problems with those disk then the drive is going bad. If it is just one disk then there is an issue with the disk for some reason.

If it is just the one disk you can try installing the game. Then the only time the drive will read the disk is on start up.
  11. J0ND33R3 Win User

My day one edition just had the problems everyone exoerienced on day one. Mine just happened 2 years later and I dont know what to do. If anyone has advice it would be greatly appreciated
  12. RobertBuckalew Win User

Should be able to manually eject it with a large paper clip , but it is tricky...
Thema:

1. Xbox One Disk Drive Bad AGAIN*** - Similar Threads - Disk Drive Bad

2. I do have the current Xbox Series X with the disk drive will I need the Digital Xbox Series...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I do have the current Xbox Series X with the disk drive will I need the Digital Xbox Series...: I do have current Xbox Series X with the disk drive and I can play digitally and physically on the two way on it. The Digital Xbox Series X will to be announced in June and to be released in the...
  3. Will the next xbox have a disk drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    Will the next xbox have a disk drive?: I hope Xbox does not get rid of the disk drive. If that is the case I know for a fact that the Xbox series x will be my last system. I collect my physical media. 2972ae98-efe9-489b-9a48-d219811b12c3
  4. Removing the disk drive on the new Series X is a terrible idea

in XboX Insiders
    Removing the disk drive on the new Series X is a terrible idea: Microsoft plans to refresh the Series X in 2024 with a new design which eliminates the disk drive. Stating this as plainly as possible, removing the disk drive from the consoles is a slap in the...
  5. Disk drive probably broken.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disk drive probably broken.: My xbox disk drive doesn't work . When I put in a disk it would spin for like 3 seconds then stop and it does the same thing over and over and then stop spinning....
  6. Xbox disk drive won’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox disk drive won’t work: Microsoft. I’m disappointed. My Xbox one disk drive has stoped working. I have only owned this console for one year. I don’t mind that the drive didn’t work with movies. But I’m upset that I can...
  7. xbox 360 slim disk drive grinding

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim disk drive grinding: i've had this console for years and i've kept it in working condition, i'm not sure if the drive is going bad or if its just hitting the top of the drive casing 2c296d71-1f26-4a5b-baff-fdea1c06e17a
  8. Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive...: Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive? 118863a3-95cc-4416-bde2-d983cb254615
  9. Can I put a Xbox one (disk drive/disk reader) in my Xbox one S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I put a Xbox one (disk drive/disk reader) in my Xbox one S: Can I put a Xbox one (disk drive/disk reader) in my Xbox one S c2abf77f-726c-41ae-8caf-713a9744e6e6
  10. Disk Drive going bad again!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disk Drive going bad again!: This is either my 4th or 5th console and its been going well for almost a year now. Every console I've gotten has had the disk drive go bad usually within the first week or two. This one lasted a...