Xbox One discs on Xbox Series S?

Discus and support Xbox One discs on Xbox Series S? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve seen questions about upgrades to previous games not requiring new purchases on the new consoles, but my question is slightly different. There are... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SirGrooms, Mar 8, 2022.

  1. SirGrooms
    SirGrooms Guest

    Xbox One discs on Xbox Series S?


    I’ve seen questions about upgrades to previous games not requiring new purchases on the new consoles, but my question is slightly different.

    There are some multiplayer games that I play regularly on Xbox One that require the disc to function (Halo 5, Star Wars Battlefront II). My question is, if I buy the Series S since it is the only next gen console available, would I be able to play games that I originally purchased in disc form? In other words, will my account know that I own games like Halo 5 and Star Wars Battlefront II and allow me to play them online with the Series S system or will I effectively be forced to buy those games again if I want to play them on that console?

    Thanks

    :)
     
    SirGrooms, Mar 8, 2022
    #1
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

    Xbox One Series S - I'm confused

    You have names mixed up. There are no consoles named the Xbox One Series S or Xbox One Series X.

    The Xbox One/One S/One X all have a disc drive.

    The Xbox One S All Digital Edition does not have a disc drive.

    The Xbox Series X has a disc drive.

    The Xbox Series S does not have a disc drive.

    All the consoles can play backward compatible games. The Series S and One S all digital edition can only play games digitally downloaded.

    The other consoles can play games from disc and from digitally downloaded,

    I hope this clears things up for you.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Out of video memory, trying to allocate a texture... : error

    Is this a Xbox Series S or an Xbox One S? If it has a disc drive it’s a One S
  4. ngocphi Win User

    xbox one sereis s

    Fyi the xbox series s/x has no one in it

    This is to reduce the confusion between series s/x and one when it comes to.compatibility

    Only the xbox one s all digital is the only xbox one that isn't compatible with discs

    However there is no limitation as far as xbox one other then the digital only console as far as xbox one games goes

    Vs the series x /s they are backward with xbox one and with the series s limitation as far as discs goes
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

    why won't my Hogwarts legacy work on my x box

    If you are able to put a disc in, you have an Xbox One S, not a series S. A Series S has no disc drive. The game is not compatible.
  6. Droppit Win User

    Smart Delivery Series S

    Thank you for the reply.

    The FAQ states the following:

    • If you’re playing from disc on Xbox Series X|S, you’ll need to keep the disc inserted to play that game.
    This implies if I bought a disc and installed on my xbox one, I would require the disc to play on my Series S. However the Series s is discless. I don't understand how a physical disc can state smart delivery for the Series S.
Thema:

Xbox One discs on Xbox Series S?

Loading...
  1. Xbox One discs on Xbox Series S? - Similar Threads - discs Series

  2. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  3. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  4. Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.: Hi Xbox, I am trying to get the disc to digital on my Series X. However, I am unable to join Insider peogram and don't get the option for Delta Update submitted by /u/FarBath3275 [link] [comments]
  5. Series S/X disc to digital question

    in XboX Insiders
    Series S/X disc to digital question: Can a Series S/X disc be put into a One to redeem the disc to digital license? submitted by /u/Familiar-Bit-6691 [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox Series X 4k HDR Blu-ray Disc not playing Dolby Atmos?

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X 4k HDR Blu-ray Disc not playing Dolby Atmos?: If the disc supports dolby atmos. I get error code when playing the 4k hdr blu ray disc. Why does this keep happening? submitted by /u/Green-Profile-8400 [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox Series X disc slots

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X disc slots: Hi I have recently got an xbox series x for my 32nd birthday. but I noticed it can only play digital copies. I have a few games that are discs. I would like to know if I can attach an external...
  8. How to get forza horizon 3 on the xbox series x with only a hard copy but no disc slot?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get forza horizon 3 on the xbox series x with only a hard copy but no disc slot?: Really wanna play the game but only have it on disc and just wondering if theres any possible way to get it downloaded e68e5e39-20ee-4b63-a8fb-67ac629a061b
  9. Decided to uninstall and leave program now having issues playing discs on my series x

    in XboX Insiders
    Decided to uninstall and leave program now having issues playing discs on my series x: Having problems getting discs to load without having to shut down console first for hard restart. Everything was fine before the uninstall now something seems off. I downgraded my ultimate...
  10. Xbox series X not available digital or with disc drive in india this whole year

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X not available digital or with disc drive in india this whole year: Why isn't it available is xbox leaving india 9a3cccfc-6284-4d44-95cb-e1af19e77648