Xbox One Disc Read Issues After Fall 2017 Dashboard Update

Discus and support Xbox One Disc Read Issues After Fall 2017 Dashboard Update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This may just be a huge coincidence, but the day I got the Xbox Fall 2017 Dashboard update, now known good game discs will sometimes take inserting and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SMSKhyron, Oct 20, 2017.

1. SMSKhyron
    SMSKhyron Guest

This may just be a huge coincidence, but the day I got the Xbox Fall 2017 Dashboard update, now known good game discs will sometimes take inserting and ejecting a couple times before the Xbox will see them.

I’ll put the disc in, it will act like it is starting to spin it up but then nothing. I press eject and it makes some odd noises, ejects it, and if I immediately put the disc back in then it will read it fine. This is happening for older and newer game
    discs.

Again, this could just be a coincidence and my Xbox drive might be going bad, it’s just strange that it happened immediately after the dashboard update, so I wanted to post this to see if anyone else is also experiencing this.

It’s an original Xbox One Day One edition console, I’ve tried rebooting it, and the game discs I am having issues with so far are The Division, Destiny 2, and Shadow of War.

Anyone else? Or just me? Thanks

:)

SMSKhyron, Oct 20, 2017
  2. My Disk Drive wont read games since the update.

Check this video out on youtube, it helped with our disc read and open tray issues after Fall 2011 Update, no guarantees, but something is better then nothing. Good luck!

[View:]

Republican 36O, Oct 20, 2017
  3. XBox One disc goes back into console on ejection

i have the same problem after the update and sometimes it doesnt read my discs and says its damaged when they're not, i contacted xbox and they said its a known issue and are aware of it and trying to fix it

xSaVx Carnage, Oct 20, 2017
  4. Mister Maka Win User

Xbox one Startup issue after Fall 2017 Update

Hey there Torres0717.

To start out, do you have any USB devices plugged into your Xbox One? If you do, let's have you start by unplugging those to see if there was any change. If you don't have any USB devices plugged in, clarify if you have your console set to Instant On or Power
    Save.
  5. Republican 36O Win User

My Disk Drive wont read games since the update.

Check this video out on youtube, it helped with our disc read and open tray issues after Fall 2011 Update, no guarantees, but something is better then nothing. Good luck!

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho0Bp2FUb0Y]
  6. Salem in Chains Win User

Unable to connect to multiplayer

the dashboard update may have made your xbox unusable (if its an old one that after the new dashboard update from yesterday I think, will kill some old xboxs but MS is replacing them for free). But chances are its a disc issue. Im gonna assume that the disc
    itself is in good shape? Are you able to play other games without issue?
  7. RaydeenSoldier7 Win User

New Update problems

I have that problem now. It started about three days ago after the update. Xbox one wouldn't read any of the game disc that I have, and then when I reset my system it reads the discs now. But now I'm to have having connection problems with Titan Fall, it
    throws me out off games or just locks up and start over to the menu screen.
  8. DarinD1 Win User

Intermittent disc drive problems

I very rarely watch DVDs on this console, but I threw one in today and saw no issues after about ten minutes.

Definitely started before the February console update. I think it was sometime after the Fall (metro) dashboard update, but it's possible that I had the occasional issue before that and it has just worsened over time. It definitely didn't start immediately
    after the Fall update or I would have correlated.

This console does get a lot of use, several hours per day. Sometimes on for 12+ hours straight on weekends. I install pretty much all games to hard drive, so the disc drive shouldn't be doing much on a regular basis.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Disc Read Issues After Fall 2017 Dashboard Update - Similar Threads - Disc Read Issues

2. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb
  3. My Xbox one x just stoped reading my disc

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox one x just stoped reading my disc: My Xbox one stopping working with my game I've been playing the last few days it's not damaged at all but it won't read and it will read a rough shape game I've tried the game multiple times and...
  4. Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??: My xbox plays everything just fine but I recently purchased a 4k bluray disc and and my xbox won't read it. It attempts to read but then eventually stops. 2e6fceb2-3fd5-4ec3-b2a4-06c0ba0fccbf
  5. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  6. Disc won't read on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc won't read on Xbox One: I cannot get game to read on Xbox One. b1f8cfa8-baf0-443e-815e-f17b48c0ff5c
  7. Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....: Urgent Attention Needed: Persistent Disc Reading Issue on Xbox Series X Dear Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to address a recurring issue with my...
  8. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...
  9. After restarting my xbox because of an issue causing the tray not to read discs, the...

in XBoX on Windows
    After restarting my xbox because of an issue causing the tray not to read discs, the...: Good afternoon, today my Xbox One (original) decided to randomly stop reading the disc in my disc tray. I checked the disc and it was perfectly fine. After putting the disc back into the tray, the...
  10. Xbox One S having issues with reading disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S having issues with reading disc?: I updated my console on 11/10/23 after not being on line for several weeks. After which I wanted to play Modern Warfare on disc. When at the main screen, on the left was MWII which I have digital...