Xbox One (disc) game language support

Discus and support Xbox One (disc) game language support in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, Just a quick question here which I thought would be very easy to answer, but there doesn't seem to be any information out there at all. I am... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by welshwizardry, Feb 1, 2014.

  1. Xbox One (disc) game language support


    Hi all,

    Just a quick question here which I thought would be very easy to answer, but there doesn't seem to be any information out there at all.

    I am a native English speaker living in Germany. I have my Xbox One language set to English and that's all fine (apart from the fact that the system voice commands simply do not work in English or German). My question is: if I buy a game on disc from a normal
    shop, will I be able to play it in English? I know if I download a game from the marketplace, the language will match that of my system (English), but is that also the case for games on disc?

    Has anyone had any experience of this? I'd like to buy bf4 and would rather not use 50% of my monthly download limit to do it Xbox One (disc) game language support ;)

    Many thanks,

    Welsh.

    :)
     
    welshwizardry, Feb 1, 2014
    #1
  2. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest
    Doom 3 BFG Edition (Spanish)

    Hey Dabljuster -

    Yes, a backwards compatible game installed via disc may have different language options than that found on the disc copy of the game. Despite the language of the disc, the language options available are determined according to your region as well as the
    languages the game supports (this will vary from game to game.).

    Let us know if you have any other questions! Xbox One (disc) game language support :)
     
    Miss Bijoux, Feb 1, 2014
    #2
  3. TheCrazyBorg
    TheCrazyBorg Guest
    Panzer Dragoon Orta is running in japanese on english Xbox One

    Xbox Support already went with the xbox one system reset where language and Region was set again.

    Yes, the Console itself is physically located in Europe and not Japan (and never was).

    As support pointed out, the disc says "NTSC-J", which is very much likely a japanese disc.

    But it runs on my PAL classic Xbox in english. So there is english text data on the disc itself, so why did it download only the japanese text on the Xbox One?

    And even if the 3,5 GB download on the xbox one was just an "emulator" and not the game itself, why didn't it use the english data on the disc?
     
    TheCrazyBorg, Feb 1, 2014
    #3
  4. Tut0r
    Tut0r Guest

    Xbox One (disc) game language support

    As far as I know when buying games from stores in your country the language support will be that of your country, like you said if you download from the marketplace it should be following the language you set. There have been known to be problems for certain
    people thought for example french canadians where their downloads would be in french where they wanted it in english but their region supported french as a main language.
     
    Tut0r, Feb 2, 2014
    #4
  5. Tut0r Win User

    Xbox One (disc) game language support

    As far as I know when buying games from stores in your country the language support will be that of your country, like you said if you download from the marketplace it should be following the language you set. There have been known to be problems for certain
    people thought for example french canadians where their downloads would be in french where they wanted it in english but their region supported french as a main language.
  6. Miss Bijoux Win User

    Doom 3 BFG Edition (Spanish)

    Hey Dabljuster -

    Yes, a backwards compatible game installed via disc may have different language options than that found on the disc copy of the game. Despite the language of the disc, the language options available are determined according to your region as well as the
    languages the game supports (this will vary from game to game.).

    Let us know if you have any other questions! :)
  7. ngocphi Win User

    Fable III Language problem (xbox)

    No

    The above solution is ONLY for the Xbox one games as they are region free and language independence

    This does not apply to xbox 360 games

    You cannot.purchase English content on Belgium except for Xbox one and higher games

    Because of the region lock

    Disc games.have.their own.set languages and you can buy the disc.at any used game.store that's your only option or Amazon keep.in mind thr disc language

    However dlc.is region locked

    Language availability in regions is based on developer and what options they pick

    Om the rare occasion for xbox 360 there is an.section in game
  8. TheCrazyBorg Win User

    Panzer Dragoon Orta is running in japanese on english Xbox One

    Xbox Support already went with the xbox one system reset where language and Region was set again.

    Yes, the Console itself is physically located in Europe and not Japan (and never was).

    As support pointed out, the disc says "NTSC-J", which is very much likely a japanese disc.

    But it runs on my PAL classic Xbox in english. So there is english text data on the disc itself, so why did it download only the japanese text on the Xbox One?

    And even if the 3,5 GB download on the xbox one was just an "emulator" and not the game itself, why didn't it use the english data on the disc?
  9. ArminatorX Win User

    USB backward compatibility

    To explain a bit why that won't work:

    The Xbox One doesn't understand the "language" in which the Xbox 360 games are stored on disc or USB. The disc for physical copies is just a "proof of purchase" for the Xbox One, and the actual code for running the game on the Xbox One is downloaded from
    the Xbox Marketplace in a "translated" language the Xbox One can understand.

    If you installed a game from disc on an USB drive, it's missing the "proof of purchase" license the disc would provide.

    If it were a digital download game, it would show up under Ready to Install in your account's Games and Apps, and you could simply download it for free, as the "proof of purchase" for a digital download game is stored in your account.

    However without a disc, there is no proof of purchase, and you can't install the game on the Xbox One.
Thema:

Xbox One (disc) game language support

Loading...
  1. Xbox One (disc) game language support - Similar Threads - disc game language

  2. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  3. The Disc to Digital Results for my 258 combined XB1/XBSX Physical games

    in XboX Insiders
    The Disc to Digital Results for my 258 combined XB1/XBSX Physical games: So I like most of you other Insiders, I decided to check every Xbox One and Xbox Series X game I own to see which ones qualify for Disc to Digital. And between both consoles, I have 258 physical...
  4. Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?: I asked this elsewhere but I figured I should post it here too. Just curious if Game Share works with disc to digital. My brother in law and I want to try it since we used to game share before....
  5. Disc‑to‑Digital game reviews are being flagged as “Off Topic” and removed — possible...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc‑to‑Digital game reviews are being flagged as “Off Topic” and removed — possible...: In the Insider App, I only have access to Delta and Omega features, no beta or others versions on my Series X console, now I know my reviews are not always good, but I never wrote anything under...
  6. Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?: I’ve tried using disc to digital on old games that are now delisted on the Xbox store does that mean I can’t get a digital license for games that are delisted forever or is that just because they...
  7. Official Disc-to-Digital Compatible Games List

    in XboX Insiders
    Official Disc-to-Digital Compatible Games List: Does anyone know if there is an official disc-to-digital list with all compatible games? Can't seem to find one. XBOX should have a webpage that displays all compatible games, as well as...
  8. I tested all the games I own with disc to digital. Here’s a list of what worked and didn’t.

    in XboX Insiders
    I tested all the games I own with disc to digital. Here’s a list of what worked and didn’t.: I noticed that none of my Sega, Bandai Namco, Square Enix, and Ubisoft games were supported, yet. Supported: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Special Edition Extinction Titanfall 2 Stray Mortal Kombat...
  9. Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature?: Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature? Here’s the exact situation: I insert a physical game into my Series X and claim the digital...
  10. All My Games Disc to Digital to help someone make a list

    in XboX Insiders
    All My Games Disc to Digital to help someone make a list: This is all my disc games! I keep all my games looking the best unless i got it from a friend or marketplace :( But I hope this helps anyone who wants to know what works and what doesn't. Enjoy!...