Xbox One Disc Drive

Discus and support Xbox One Disc Drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After utilizing disc-based backwards compatibility with Halo: Reach, my Xbox One started to exhibit some rather worrying noises. Now, whenever I insert... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JLtheStoneWall, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Xbox One Disc Drive

After utilizing disc-based backwards compatibility with Halo: Reach, my Xbox One started to exhibit some rather worrying noises. Now, whenever I insert an Xbox One disc, I can hear it spinning up very clearly, and it makes a sort of grinding sound for about
    one second before dying down to the regular disc reading noises. My disc drive seems to be overall louder as well when reading an Xbox One disc for the first few minutes.

Let me state that there has been no change in the functionality of my console. All of my games play fine, and the disc drive has not scratched any of my discs. Whatever this loud spinning up noise is, it seems to be completely superficial thus far, but I obviously
    don't like it. I'm not the only one to experience this noise either, because at least one of my friends, who also has Reach installed on his Xbox One via disc, also has this issue now.

My warranty has expired, and unless my Xbox One actually breaks (which I don't think it will, the Xbox One is quite robust) I'm not sending it in for repairs. I'll try a hard reset.

I just want to know if anyone else has this issue after playing a disc-based backwards compatible title. Perhaps the issue is exclusive to Reach? The noise only started several days after I installed Reach....

:)

JLtheStoneWall, Dec 23, 2015
  2. diamondback8
    diamondback8 Guest
    Xbox One disc drive still necessary thanks to ‘bandwidth and game size’

You've probably heard that the disc drive for the Xbox One was considered non-existent one time for the design by Microsoft, making it a digital-only device. But thanks to this article I saw, it's still there.

Microsoft's Xbox One's disc drive still necessary

What do you think?

diamondback8, Dec 23, 2015
  3. ElDiiabllo
    ElDiiabllo Guest
  4. Auswulf
    Auswulf Guest

Xbox One Disc Drive

Is your console a day one edition? Might be the issue some users were having with a loose gear in the blue ray drive which caused a grinding sound.

Auswulf, Dec 23, 2015
  5. No, I got it last year, in August or September.

JLtheStoneWall, Dec 23, 2015
  6. Bumpity bump. So nobody else has experienced this after playing disc-based Reach backwards compatible?

JLtheStoneWall, Dec 24, 2015
  7. Bump. Okay, so the problem has gotten worse. I put my Reach disc in today, and the spinning up noise sounded like a wet scratch board. Still, none of my discs have been damaged by the drive so far, and my games all play fine.

So how much does it cost to get your Xbox One serviced? (and does anyone else have this issue?)

JLtheStoneWall, Dec 25, 2015
  8. Xbox One Disc Drive

I'm gonna keep bumping until somebody notices.

JLtheStoneWall, Dec 25, 2015
  9. Auswulf
    Auswulf Guest
    You will probably have to call up xbox support to get a price. Have you look around the web for a fix youtube might have some answers. There are a few not recommended solutions though like banging on the console. It could be one of gears in the blue ray
    drive has slipped out of position.

Auswulf, Dec 25, 2015
  10. Take this ever how you want, but if I was having issues with my One, this is the last place I'd come for help.
    Xbox One Disc Drive :)

With that said, I'm trying to prove to Santa that I'm not as naughty as he thinks. Here are some suggestions from me...

Call Microsoft.

Go to the games official website and see if anyone in those forums have an issue.

Call Microsoft.

Try Google.

Call Microsoft.

Try Bing.

Call Microsoft.

Buy a new Xbox One.

Call Microsoft.

Keep trying to get the 10 or so regulars left on these dying forums to help.

Call Microsoft.

Get your One repaired.

Call Microsoft.

When all hope is lost try resetting your console to factory defaults. (I'd have to be desperate to try this one) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

Call Microsoft.

Out of all the suggestions above, I'd just buy a new One if it was over a year old. They're not expensive.
    IMO.

Good luck. Xbox One Disc Drive :)

Goth Vampirella, Dec 25, 2015
  11. Auswulf
    Auswulf Guest
    Or you could trade it in towards a new one. Places like Eb games fix them up for a fee from memory as well. Well they do in Australia not sure if GameStop, ebgames does it in the USA or if you are in the UK Game.

Auswulf, Dec 25, 2015
  12. Auswulf
    Auswulf Guest
    A friend of mine traded his dodgy advanced warefare console for a new elite console. His advanced warfare console was failing to read blue ray and DVD disks and no matter what steps of troubleshooting he did he couldn't get it to work. He only had to pay
    them $150 dollars in the end and he got Fallout 4 with it.

Auswulf, Oct 31, 2018
  13. KingOfWombat Win User

Xbox next generation console no disk drive

That is correct! The next generation of Xbox One S wont feature a disc drive. While other Xbox One S with disc drives will be available.
  14. ElDiiabllo Win User
  15. RandyAU93 Win User

Downloading a backward compatible game

Are you playing the games with the Xbox 360 game disc in the drive? It is no different than Xbox One disc-based games, in that you must have the game disc in the drive to play it.
  16. RoMoGAMER Win User

My Batman Arkham Origins is having a Disc reading error and keeps freezing what do I do to fix this?

17. Obsessive Power Win User

Disk Lost?

Hi,

Your disc won't be still inside your console. The Xbox One Blu-ray drive (just like all optical drives) is an enclosed unit and can only take one disc at a time there is literally nowhere for a disc to go, other than be picked up by the drive and spun. If
    there is already a disc there or otherwise stuck in the drive, the other disc wouldn't go in.
Thema:

Xbox One Disc Drive

1. Xbox One Disc Drive - Similar Threads - Disc Drive

2. When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps: When I put in the [slightly damaged] disc, it's spins, does stage normal sounds that I hear and then it's a quiet beeeeep then it goes back to the sounds and it repeats, any ideas why?...
  3. Xbox disc drive trying to take disc without one inside

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox disc drive trying to take disc without one inside: My xbox series x disc drive has been trying to take a disc without one in its happens all day and night submitted by /u/BusinessClothes5658 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  5. I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?: I have an original xbox and the disc drive won't open. Tried the paper clip tool and it did't work. What next? a81eeb29-f7e9-4f6e-a093-2e8064856079
  6. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  7. i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive

in XBoX on Windows
    i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive: I purchased a sealed copy of msfs deluxe version. I started disc 1 and it ran for many hours and finally stopped so I started disc 2 and it ran for many hours. Was I supposed to anything else...
  8. Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync: My XBox seriesX disc drive does not work and also now won’t sync with the cloud f9f45fe7-190a-421d-ae07-22bd0fc8bdb5
  9. Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??: When i go to put in a 360 disc or a dvd in my xbox one it won’t read it will just sit in there and when i put a xbox one disc or a blue ray disc in it reads it 75% of the time and some of these...
  10. Can anyone help troubleshoot disc drive replacement?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can anyone help troubleshoot disc drive replacement?: I replaced the disc drive on my Xbox one. The disc before wouldn't really spin. I successfully replaced the disc drive, and the disc still won't read. Suggestions?...