Xbox One Digital Games have set prices.

Discus and support Xbox One Digital Games have set prices. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After chatting with Support I found out that Digital Downloads have a set price and Microsoft will not price match with prices from the major... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sayburr-3DE85633-AAF0-4CEF-8454-9E388E5CBE36, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Xbox One Digital Games have set prices.

After chatting with Support I found out that Digital Downloads have a set price and Microsoft will not price match with prices from the major retailers. I was really wishing to go all digital with my games for this generation, because I hate having to
    switch discs. I really enjoy the ease of switching games on the fly. However, it seems like going all digital will be detrimental to my hard earned cash.

Of course, this doesn't mean that Microsoft will never have a sale on a game, and lower the price for some set duration, but it does seem like sales will be few and far between. Which means to me, I will not be going "all digital" this generation.

I have to admit, since I have never traded a game in for resale, I didn't quite understand the rage with the original Microsoft policies presented at E3. Now I get it and I am glad we were not forced to go "all digital" since it removes pricing competition
    which would ultimately harm the consumer.

Anyway, here is the transcript:

[table][tr][td]General Info[/td][/tr][tr][td]Chat start time[/td][td] Jan 3, 2014 10:51:46 AM EST[/td][/tr][tr][td]Chat end time[/td][td] Jan 3, 2014 11:02:34 AM EST[/td][/tr][tr][td]Duration (actual chatting time)[/td][td] 00:10:47[/td][/tr][tr][td]Operator[/td][td] Cristy[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Chat Transcript[/td][/tr][tr][td]info: Please wait for an agent to respond. The current average wait time is 2 minutes. Thank you for your patience.info: Privacy Statement You are now chatting with 'Cristy'Cristy: We're sorry for the long wait, I hope it was not that long for you. Now that you have me on the line I'll be more than happy to assist you!Cristy: Hi. Thank you for contacting Xbox customer support. My name is Cris. What can I do for you today?Cristy: Hi Doug! How are you doing?Doug: Wondering if Microsoft price matches on downloadable games like Forza. Amazon.com has Forza Motorsport 5 for $39.99 and Microsoft Download is priced at 59.99. I would prefer to purchase the digitail download because I don't want to be forced to use the disc to play the game. So, would you pricematch the game?Cristy: Doug, I understand you are wondering if we could match the offer made by Amazon with Forza 5, is that correct?Doug: Yes, that is correct.Cristy: I appreciate your interest with using downloadable contents for your Xbox.Cristy: However, in answer to your question, the prices on Xbox Live is already fixed and we can't match it with any retailer.Doug: That is too bad. I was hoping to go all digital, but if the prices for games are set to their highest level, it will be best to always buy on disc.Cristy: I know how convenient it would be to use the downloaded content instead of using the game disc. But however you want, may it be a disc or a downloaded content, both should work just fine. We respect your choice with gaming.Doug: OK, thanks. Have a great day.Cristy: You're welcome, Doug.Cristy: Have a great day as well.Cristy: If that was everything, I'd like to thank you again for contacting Xbox Customer Support. To properly end the chat session, please click on the "Close chat" button on the upper right hand corner of the chat window. Have a wonderful rest of your day![/td][/tr][/table]

:)

Sayburr-3DE85633-AAF0-4CEF-8454-9E388E5CBE36, Jan 3, 2014
  2. Eggnogga
    Eggnogga Guest
    why are download games the same price or more than disc.

[quote user="Randver"]

What? I've read your post several times and I'm still not sure what your saying....retail and digital aren't the same price.

[/quote]He is stating that the price(s) you find in the Xbox Games Marketplace are set by the publisher(s) and not by MS. So, if you (or anyone) has a beef with the digital prices, they need to vent towards the game publishers.

Amazon undercutting the prices is just smart business. Amazon doesn't deal with digital Xbox One games, so they charge a few bucks less and make their money that way.

Eggnogga, Jan 3, 2014
  3. Reidzer N7
    Reidzer N7 Guest
    Battlefield Hardline £28 on the Hungarian Xbox Store.

I am fairly sure the publishers set the price point for digital games.

Reidzer N7, Jan 3, 2014
  4. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest

I don't believe I've ever heard of an online digital content source that price matches.

IceStorm III, Jan 3, 2014
  5. Tzar of kaos
    Tzar of kaos Guest
    The original Xbox one policies weren't about " going all digital",it was a protection for games on disc for publishers and consumers....

Tzar of kaos, Jan 3, 2014
  6. This is stopping me from going all out digital. I can handle the time it takes to download a game no problem what really is annoying is the digital version is more expensive than the hard copy version. Even if they were the same price on release as the hard
    copy version I would probably buy it digitally but that is not the case.

PUDDIN DAGGER, Jan 3, 2014
  7. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    prices will come down.... soon... hopefully... if not down.. then sales... they already have that 3 for 3.. where you buy 3 digital games and get 3 months free

tohellnbak, Jan 3, 2014
  8. Xbox One Digital Games have set prices.

lul digital should never cost more than physical... will they ever learn?

TheSpiralMatrix, Jan 3, 2014
  9. Karma403
    Karma403 Guest
    prices will not come down on digital games it has to do with competition laws, they will only go down in price to match what retail is selling it for.

Karma403, Jan 3, 2014
  10. John H._07
    John H._07 Guest
    Yeah, I have planned on going mostly digital, but when there is a major sale, you have to go with the sale, right? I knew from the beginning there would be some deals offered from retailers that Microsoft can't/won't match. I just hope retailers offer the
    digital downloads soon.

John H._07, Oct 31, 2018
  11. John H._07 Win User

Yeah, I have planned on going mostly digital, but when there is a major sale, you have to go with the sale, right? I knew from the beginning there would be some deals offered from retailers that Microsoft can't/won't match. I just hope retailers offer the
    digital downloads soon.
  12. TheSpiralMatrix Win User

lul digital should never cost more than physical... will they ever learn?
  13. Tzar of kaos Win User

The original Xbox one policies weren't about " going all digital",it was a protection for games on disc for publishers and consumers....
  14. tohellnbak Win User

prices will come down.... soon... hopefully... if not down.. then sales... they already have that 3 for 3.. where you buy 3 digital games and get 3 months free
  15. PUDDIN DAGGER Win User

This is stopping me from going all out digital. I can handle the time it takes to download a game no problem what really is annoying is the digital version is more expensive than the hard copy version. Even if they were the same price on release as the hard
    copy version I would probably buy it digitally but that is not the case.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Digital Games have set prices. - Similar Threads - Digital Games set

2. I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games...: I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games I download work fine. Is there a reason why it won't read the older Xbox One games I have? Some are brand...
  3. Add game to Xbox digital store

in XBoX on Windows
    Add game to Xbox digital store: Could y’all add the old Lord of the Rings games like: lord of the rings conquest Lord of the rings third age Lord of the rings return of the king/two towers/fellowship for the ring These games...
  4. hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14...: hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14 days ago (14 days is the deadline for digital game purchases). I emailed Microsoft/Xbox to repeal their...
  5. Is there a way to transfer two of my digital games from one account to my other Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to transfer two of my digital games from one account to my other Xbox account?: So I used to have another Xbox account that is under my father’s email address and I purchased two digital games on there. I am wondering if there is any way for me to transfer the games from that...
  6. Did they every set up digital selling your games like Phil said?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did they every set up digital selling your games like Phil said?: AT this point our library isn't going to mean much going forward would love a way to sell off my games. He said it at on of the old E3 I think. 6445dbf6-2211-4ec7-8585-32e8edf2ebc1
  7. is it possible to get games that i have cd's for just the digital version as the cds are...

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it possible to get games that i have cd's for just the digital version as the cds are...: when i try downloading the games it just stops midway and says installation stopped now i dont know if this is a problem with the cd or with the disk drive (xbox one)...
  8. digital game refund

in XBoX on Windows
    digital game refund: I requested a digital game refund which was accepted, its been more than two weeks and i'm still waiting for the refund. aacb9b69-a4d2-47e1-b262-48279c3cdf28
  9. So my refund for a digital game was approved and I still haven’t got my money and it’s been...

in XBoX on Windows
    So my refund for a digital game was approved and I still haven’t got my money and it’s been...: I just want my money back. 569c5ef8-1cfe-40a3-ae6f-939f76fc411f
  10. Is it possible to add the digital game to my account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to add the digital game to my account.: I have a Skylanders Trap Team disk and it doesn’t work anymore, I tried to fixing it and buying it on the Microsoft store on the Xbox but it’s unavailable. Is it possible to add the digital game...