Xbox one digital every update needs to reinstall games

Discus and support Xbox one digital every update needs to reinstall games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Everytime a new update comes out for a game all my games need to get reinstalled. Ive done hard reset. I even reformat the system installed new... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JohnnyF3, Jul 14, 2020.

1. JohnnyF3
    JohnnyF3 Guest

Everytime a new update comes out for a game all my games need to get reinstalled. Ive done hard reset. I even reformat the system installed new harddrive still nothing 1 game updates i have to reinstall every game again. Microsoft dose an update i have
    to reinstall everything all over again. But on my wifes exact same xbox one digital everything works just my xbox nothing has worked since i got it. A 25mb update on one game has corrupted the whole system so im now forced to reinstall every game again.

:)

JohnnyF3, Jul 14, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. laconicLynx Win User

Game reinstalls every update

We appreciate your response. Based on your answers, there may be a problem with your console's operating system that is preventing the game from playing properly. To resolve your concern, you can reset your console’s OS without deleting your games or apps.

To reset your console without losing your game data, follow these steps:

1. Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select System.
    5. Select Console info & updates.
    6. Select Reset console.
    7. On the Reset your console? screen, select Reset and keep my games & apps. This option will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.

Be sure you don’t select Reset and remove everything at this point. This option resets the console to factory settings, and all user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps will be deleted. You
    should only use this option as a last resort in some troubleshooting cases.

If the console reset is successful, you may be prompted to repeat some general console set-up steps before you are returned to the Home screen.

Let us know how it goes.
    I already tried that, i chatted with support for a few hours. Im pretty sure we covered anything i can do. I dont know what else to do but get rid of the system. I was hoping someone else had this issue and found a fix, but i havent found anyone yet.
  3. Loraine Mon Win User

We appreciate your response. Based on your answers, there may be a problem with your console's operating system that is preventing the game from playing properly. To resolve your concern, you can reset your console’s OS without deleting your games or apps.

2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select System.
    6. Select Reset console.
    7. On the Reset your console? screen, select Reset and keep my games & apps. This option will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.

Be sure you don’t select Reset and remove everything at this point. This option resets the console to factory settings, and all user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps will be deleted. You

If the console reset is successful, you may be prompted to repeat some general console set-up steps before you are returned to the Home screen.

Let us know how it goes.

I already tried that, i chatted with support for a few hours. Im pretty sure we covered anything i can do. I dont know what else to do but get rid of the system. I was hoping someone else had this issue and found a fix, but i havent found anyone yet.
    If you are still experiencing the same issue after performing the steps that we have provided, that means there is an issue with the console’s storage. It causes the updates not to install or download properly.

Since we have already exhausted all the possible troubleshooting steps to resolve your issue, we recommend that you send the console for repair by following the steps on this
    link.

If you are unable to access the Device repair page online, you can also contact our Xbox Chat Support so they can process the repair manually for you.

Let us know if you have further queries.
  4. laconicLynx Win User

Sorry i shouldve included more info. Console has always been kept up to date. Ive tried deleting the game myself and reinstalling, hard resets, unplugging for a day, reinstalling my profile, buying a different copy of COD, hardwired and wireless connections,
    and 2 hours with xbox support. I dont know why but the updates just dont recognize the game is installed and reinstall it every time.
  5. Loraine Mon Win User

To properly isolate your concern, please provide answers to the following questions:

• Does the issue occur on your other games?
    • Are there any error messages when you launch or play the game?
    • Are you playing the game online?
    • When did the issue start?

We're looking forward to your response.

Its done it with one other game before, just one time. But does it every time theres an infinite warfare update. No error messages, yes online, started when i got infinite warfare. Most recently was yesterday, again a 1000mb update and its been installing
    now for 9 hours at 89%. Im absolutely done with it.

2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select System.
    6. Select Reset console.

Let us know how it goes.
  6. laconicLynx Win User

To properly isolate your concern, please provide answers to the following questions:

• Does the issue occur on your other games?
    • Are there any error messages when you launch or play the game?
    • Are you playing the game online?
    • When did the issue start?

We're looking forward to your response.
    Its done it with one other game before, just one time. But does it every time theres an infinite warfare update. No error messages, yes online, started when i got infinite warfare. Most recently was yesterday, again a 1000mb update and its been installing
    now for 9 hours at 89%. Im absolutely done with it.
Thema:

1. Xbox one digital every update needs to reinstall games - Similar Threads - digital every update

2. What should i do? I bought a 100 robux digital card using the reward points I got and I...

in XBoX on Windows
    What should i do? I bought a 100 robux digital card using the reward points I got and I...: How can I get the code or get my points back? 5139d47a-5472-4374-af39-ccef3e3222cc
  3. Xbox one S digital external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S digital external storage: If I add an external storage to my Xbox one s all digital console, will I have to transfer games back and forth to be able to use them? Or does it work together, variations playing off of the...
  4. To upgrade yourself on the upcoming digital series x as the xbox gamer or stick with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    To upgrade yourself on the upcoming digital series x as the xbox gamer or stick with the...: To upgrade yourself as the xbox gamer on the upcoming digital series x or stick with current series x the one with the disk drive? What I should do on this case or the situation on the scenario?...
  5. Microsoft Digital Safety email

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microsoft Digital Safety email: Violation of our policy Hello [My Full Name], Content associated with your account was reported to Microsoft as violating our terms, policy, or laws. The details are as follows: Service or...
  6. Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software

in XboX Insiders
    Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software: I understand the reason why your standard Xbox controller and the Xbox accessories app won't let you remap the triggers. Because certain games will be deemed either too easy or unwinnable if the...
  7. I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games...: I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games I download work fine. Is there a reason why it won't read the older Xbox One games I have? Some are brand...
  8. Is Truck racer digital region locked?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is Truck racer digital region locked?: I have an NTSC console in the UK. If I purchase a digital game in the UK (Truck racer in particular), will it work or will it be region locked? 030a41a9-7df5-4d6a-8504-86ce49a924df
  9. Did they every set up digital selling your games like Phil said?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did they every set up digital selling your games like Phil said?: AT this point our library isn't going to mean much going forward would love a way to sell off my games. He said it at on of the old E3 I think. 6445dbf6-2211-4ec7-8585-32e8edf2ebc1
  10. For me, it is the 100 robux digital card. Every time I am very close to the number of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    For me, it is the 100 robux digital card. Every time I am very close to the number of...: It's the Roblox digital Card. Every time I am very close to the number of points suggested, it removes and I also put it as my goal. dad05862-be35-41e5-9f10-9d4df6fd0c99