Xbox One dashboard started rapidly scrolling

Discus and support Xbox One dashboard started rapidly scrolling in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Seen heaps of this question with no real answers and I’m not sure how else to post so people can fix if someone wants to move the thread. Mine wasn’t... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Damienn:O, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Damienn:O
    Damienn:O Guest

Seen heaps of this question with no real answers and I’m not sure how else to post so people can fix if someone wants to move the thread.

Mine wasn’t a broken controller or faulty hardware, it happened while quickly pressing the Xbox button to open Soundcloud to pause/play music mid game then quickly back to the game when it started automatically scrolling.

No restart worked (holding nexus for 10 seconds) or unplugging for 30seconds worked. Tried restarting with and without controller to no avail.

Got frustrated tried to replicate it by spamming the Xbox button and surrounding buttons when it stopped automatically scrolling.

Seems like a software glitch or something I’m no expert.

:)

Damienn:O, Nov 14, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

In this case, we just need to reset your console keeping your games and apps through the Xbox Troubleshooter page. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Make sure to follow the steps accordingly to access it:

"1. Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

2. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

3. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

4. Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

5. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

6. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone."

When the console powers up, you will see the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. Please click on "Reset this Xbox" then "Reset and keep my games and apps".
  3. Bailey Cooper Win User

Controller constantly scrolling down, cannot access anything

Hi there, the thing with this controller issue is that i can't access any menus on my xbox at all as it rapidly scrolls up to the point where i cannot navigate the xbox home screen. Thanks
  4. Miss Bijoux Win User

Forza Horizon - The game gets stuck at the "Xbox 360" screen when starting the game on the Xbox One

Hey EquableJeans898 -

I can help you with the Xbox 360 profile thing! Try this. Start at your Xbox One dashboard:

• Open the Guide menu
    • Scroll down to Settings
    • Select all Settings
    • Scroll down to System
    • Navigate over to Storage
    • Select "Clear local Xbox 360 storage"
    Hopefully that sorts you out!
  5. Miss Bijoux Win User

Can't download my profile due to connection issue

Hey guys -

Let's have you try clearing your Xbox 360 local storage on your Xbox One console. Start at your Xbox One dashboard:

• Open the Guide menu
    • Scroll down to Settings
    • Select all Settings
    • Scroll down to System
    • Navigate over to Storage
    • Select "Clear local Xbox 360 storage"
    Let us know if that helps. :)
  6. Miss Bijoux Win User

Mass Effect 2 not playing on Xbox One

Hey there!

Let's have you try clearing your Xbox 360 local storage on your Xbox One console. Start at your Xbox One dashboard:

• *Open the Guide menu
    • *Scroll down to Settings
    • *Select all Settings
    • *Scroll down to System
    • *Navigate over to Storage
    • *Select "Clear local Xbox 360 storage"

Give that a shot and let us know how it goes. :)
Thema:

1. Xbox One dashboard started rapidly scrolling - Similar Threads - dashboard started rapidly

2. Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...: On a Xbox Series S which I purchased a year ago, when I try to start Minecraft it shows the red game splash screen but right after that the light blink twice and then it closes the game and it...
  3. My game keeps sending me back to the dashboard when I start it up and I tried everything...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game keeps sending me back to the dashboard when I start it up and I tried everything...: I need help with specifically one game (NBA 2k23) once 2k had an update it started acting up. I load the game it gets to the main menu then dashboard everytime how is this keeps happening. I tried...
  4. Xbox series X Every time I start a game keeps on throwing back to dashboard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X Every time I start a game keeps on throwing back to dashboard: I’ve been trying to play Halo infinity and Forza five Every time I get into the home screen keeps on throwing me back to dashboard Is anyone else having this problem...
  5. Series X crashes to dashboard when press A to start - Wreckless and Need For Speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X crashes to dashboard when press A to start - Wreckless and Need For Speed: Hello all, I am having quite a bizarre problem with these two titles. They will both load the splash screens but when prompted to press A the Xbox will simply flip back to the dashboard. Try and...
  6. Dashboard Takes Too Long to Start

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dashboard Takes Too Long to Start: I started my xbox and when it loaded it gave me the error “dashboard took too long to start” and only gave me the option of closing it which took me to a black screen and a help option which told...
  7. My Xbox dashboard will not start

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox dashboard will not start: Every time I turn my Xbox on the dashboard won't start the code at the end is (0x8027025a) It also won't let me report a problem it just says gathering information submitted by /u/nenh4661...
  8. Delay when pushing the Start/more options button on Dashboard? [Beta]

in XboX Insiders
    Delay when pushing the Start/more options button on Dashboard? [Beta]: I noticed this a while ago but neither is something I use often or assumed it was some odd update bug, but not seeing much talk about this. It's a good 3-5 second delay after the sound cue of you...
  9. Xbox dashboard took too long to start error?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox dashboard took too long to start error?: I’ve been experiencing this problem for a while, where a game I’m playing will randomly crash, and then all games I try to play get the “x took too long to start” message, and upon restarting my...
  10. Having issues with Borderlands 3 on start screen....goes back to dashboard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having issues with Borderlands 3 on start screen....goes back to dashboard: Recently logged into BL3 last night, goes to the title screen and prompts to press A to sign in. States signing in to my profile, then goes back to the Xbox dashboard. Tried uninstalling and...