Xbox One Cyberpunk 2077 "Check your disc. Your disc might be dirty or damaged. Try cleaning...

Discus and support Xbox One Cyberpunk 2077 "Check your disc. Your disc might be dirty or damaged. Try cleaning... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I got Cyberpunk 2077 yesterday and I tried to start downloading it on my xbox one in my bedroom (first gen, not even S). When ever I input the disk I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HALO JTC, Dec 26, 2020.

1. HALO JTC
    HALO JTC Guest

Xbox One Cyberpunk 2077 "Check your disc. Your disc might be dirty or damaged. Try cleaning...

I got Cyberpunk 2077 yesterday and I tried to start downloading it on my xbox one in my bedroom (first gen, not even S). When ever I input the disk I get an error message saying "Check your disc. Your disc might be dirty or damaged. Try cleaning it, or choose
    a different disc. (0x80820003 - %2)." I tried cleaning the disk and still doesn't work. However, I also have an xbox one s in my living room and I tried Cyberpunk 2077 on that and it works fine and is fully downloaded on that console. For my normal xbox one
    I even tried other discs and it works fine, so I am not sure what to do. I am aware this game has many bugs and glitches, could this be one of them? Or should I exchange this disc for another copy at the store it was purchased? I don't know what to do and
    it appears xbox does not have phone call support right now, please help.

:)

HALO JTC, Dec 26, 2020
  2. ryancottington Win User

Disc not reading on xbox one

Hi, this didn't work as it's still saying "check your disc" "your disc may be dirty or damaged. I've cleaned it and checked for damage but their seems to be none (0x80820003 - %2)
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

My xbox series X reads xbox 360 games as blurays

Hi,

Do you have any other Xbox 360 discs to try? If you don't, I suggest you check your console can read DVD discs. To test, just try playing any DVD movie disc (not a Blu-ray disc). If the DVD works fine, then the issue isn't with your console, but rather the disc itself is dirty or damaged.

If DVD's play fine, check the disc for finger marks and scratches and try cleaning it with a soft non-abrasive cloth.

If the game is dirty or otherwise damaged, the console won't be able to read the lead track on the disc that tells your console what the disc is, hence why it's opening the Blu-ray/DVD app.
  4. redhood55 Win User

Issues playing Xbox Original games

clean your discs . they might be dirty.
  5. Arminator Win User

Flooring and some accents in game only shows ?s

What game are you exactly talking about?

If it's a download game, try to delete the game (not your savegames) and re-download the game again.

If it's a disc based game, check if the disc is damaged or dirty. Clean the disc if necessary, or give the disc to a DVD rental store to have them polish the disc.

Also try to install the disc based game on your console's storage device.
  6. andersonpassos Win User

Why is my Xbox only reading certain discs?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

There are a few possible reasons why your Xbox might not be reading certain discs. Here are some things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

Clean the disc: Dust and dirt on the disc can interfere with the Xbox's ability to read it. Gently clean the disc with a soft, dry cloth, wiping from the center of the disc outward. Avoid using any cleaning solutions, as they can damage the disc.

Check the disc for physical damage: Inspect the disc for scratches, cracks, or other damage. If the disc is visibly damaged, it may not be able to be read by the Xbox.

Make sure the disc is compatible with your Xbox: Check to see if the disc is designed to be played on an Xbox. Some discs are only compatible with certain game systems.

Restart your Xbox: Sometimes, simply restarting your Xbox can resolve issues with reading discs. To do this, turn off your Xbox and unplug it from the power outlet. Wait a few minutes, then plug it back in and turn it on.

Check for updates: Make sure your Xbox is up to date with the latest system updates. These updates can help resolve issues with reading discs and improve overall system performance.

Check the disc drive: If the disc drive is dirty or has a foreign object stuck in it, it may not be able to read discs properly. Carefully inspect the disc drive and remove any dirt or debris that you find.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Cyberpunk 2077 "Check your disc. Your disc might be dirty or damaged. Try cleaning... - Similar Threads - Cyberpunk 2077 Check

2. Cyberpunk 2077 not updating

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cyberpunk 2077 not updating: My physical copy of “Cyberpunk 2077” is not updating. For some reason, the option for updating isn’t showing, nor do I know how to access it. When I start up the game, the game simply just starts...
  3. Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't recognise phantom liberty download and won't start up??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't recognise phantom liberty download and won't start up??: I have played cyberpunk2077 since it was released and put up with poor performance and glitches and all sorts of bugs. Whilst these annoyed me, I still played the game and enjoyed it. Since...
  4. Cyberpunk 2077 new 2.0 won't update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cyberpunk 2077 new 2.0 won't update: Cyberpunk 2077 new 2.0 won't update f1c75d38-4722-4fa9-8dc6-032ae0aa824d
  5. Cyberpunk 2077 Remote Play Issues - Game Related

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cyberpunk 2077 Remote Play Issues - Game Related: Hardware: Xbox Series S Game: Cyberpunk 2077 with the latest 2.0 update Summary: This isn't a network issue and I have no issues with remote play on any other game I've tried. Cyberpunk 2077...
  6. Achievement Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievement Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 update: I have been playing cyberpunk 2077 for a while now and have just started the achievement grind but it seems that after the 2.0 update several achievement can't be unlocked. Is there a way to...
  7. Cyberpunk 2077 xbox series x/s yellow trianglar.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cyberpunk 2077 xbox series x/s yellow trianglar.: So tried to logg in this morning, been playing around during weekend with updates 2.0. Bought combo with CP 2077 and Phantom Liberty when it dropped and played original campaign. Logged in to play...
  8. When i remote play to my series x trying to play cyberpunk 2077, it bugs all the controls

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When i remote play to my series x trying to play cyberpunk 2077, it bugs all the controls: all my software is up to date and my internet is alway stable, but yet when i remote play to my series x to play cyberpunk, the controls bugs out like crazy. my sensitivity goes to almost zero and...
  9. Series X remote play issue with Cyberpunk 2077

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X remote play issue with Cyberpunk 2077: Just installed from disk a copy of CP2077. Console auto updated to next gen version and never asked me to swap disks. CP2077 version 1.6.3 Using a fully updated Xbox Series X 1TB and an Xbox...
  10. How do I disable auto saves in Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I disable auto saves in Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series X?: How do I disable the auto save system in Cyberpunk 2077? I am playing the game on Xbox Series X and the game is auto saving once a minute. The auto save system is wearing out my SSD really fast...