Xbox One custom controller (NOT ELITE) rubberized grips by fingertips peeling off.

Discus and support Xbox One custom controller (NOT ELITE) rubberized grips by fingertips peeling off. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My custom controller's rubberized grips peeled off. Randomly, there are NO replacement parts for the part of the controller where your fingers go. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SilasJohn2001, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Xbox One custom controller (NOT ELITE) rubberized grips by fingertips peeling off.

My custom controller's rubberized grips peeled off. Randomly, there are NO replacement parts for the part of the controller where your fingers go. The Elite controllers have rubber on the outside of the controller, where your upper palms rest. My controller
    has it on the back. Anybody know what to do from here?

I can randomly see some actual motherboard through some holes in the back of the controller, which are now exposed.

Does anyone else have this issue and/or know what I should do?

Thanks!

:)

SilasJohn2001, Dec 16, 2020
  2. ALBERT Patterson
    ALBERT Patterson New Member
    Just had to add that in the UK the warranty is a statutory 1 year from purchase not the 90 day our American brethren have to put up with.

ALBERT Patterson, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Wolfie McG Win User

Design Lab - Xbox Custom Controllers

Honestly I don't like the standard rubberized grips that they use too much, I find that they start to peel off the controller pretty quick. Maybe it's just the glue, I don't know but the diamond one sounds super interesting though.
  4. TangentialShark Win User

So what's wrong with the thumbsticks?

I love my Xbox One controller. The only gripe I can come up with is that sometimes, I fear that the rubberized grip will peel off. No evidence of this happening, just my paranoia.
  5. Wolfie McG Win User

Xbox design labs controller

In my experience they didn't help out with the grips starting to peel away quickly, or the rubber on the thumb sticks.
  6. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Design Lab - Xbox Custom Controllers

Yes enjoy the rubberized grips on the custom controller. I love mine. I've had it for 3+ years now and it works perfectly still to this day. It's my daily use controller, so enjoy it but just don't grip on the rubber grips too hard and twist them about
    in your hand on your controller, as they can eventually wear off and come loose if you do so.
  7. XBF Ezra G Win User

Rubber grips peeling off Recon Tech controller

Hi Daz72P.

Thanks for your post. I understand your controller is gone through wear over the time you've used it. If your controller is within the 90-day accessory warranty, then check out

Device Support
    for replacement options. Also, we do not recommend modifying the controller in any way.

I hope this helps.
Thema:

Xbox One custom controller (NOT ELITE) rubberized grips by fingertips peeling off.

1. Xbox One custom controller (NOT ELITE) rubberized grips by fingertips peeling off. - Similar Threads - custom controller ELITE

2. can microsoft repair custom controllers ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can microsoft repair custom controllers ?: I have a custom controller thats a very sentimental gift form a passed loved one. i have used it pretty often but the grips fell off, the bumpers are loose, and the left thumb stick drags.If yall...
  3. Add other options to Xbox Controller lab than just "custom skins"

in XboX Insiders
    Add other options to Xbox Controller lab than just "custom skins": I noticed that your Xbox controller lab has one thing in common. Pretty much everything except the controller itself. I would like to see more deeper than skin Deep changes that are customizable....
  4. New-ish Custom Xbox Series controller gets stuck on forward input

in XBoX on Consoles
    New-ish Custom Xbox Series controller gets stuck on forward input: Have a design labs custom controller i got a xmas, has been working great. in the past day or so ive been noticing the left stick gets stuck on forward input. (not drift) not physically, and not...
  5. I ordered a custom Xbox controller in November and it has said processing since. Any idea...

in XBoX on Windows
    I ordered a custom Xbox controller in November and it has said processing since. Any idea...: Any help on when I’ll be receiving it? It’s a present and I feel bad it’s still not here. 6447d838-7c05-4bfd-bc3a-3dafa3796407
  6. xbox custom controller

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox custom controller: hi just a quick question to all my fellow gamers out there, i have issued for a replacement on my xbox design labs controller thats still under warranty due to a few issues. i have my cats name...
  7. Custom Xbox Controller replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Custom Xbox Controller replacement: Hi I am based on the UK and I purchased a custom Xbox controller last year, which is still in warranty. One of the bumpers is not working and I have been trying to get this resolved on the...
  8. Can the custom engraving on my custom designed elite series 2 controller be fixed?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the custom engraving on my custom designed elite series 2 controller be fixed?: The custom engraving on my custom Elite Series 2 controller that I received is not centered properly. It is centered correctly on the image with the order confirmation email I received. It is...
  9. Custom made Xbox series 2 elite controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Custom made Xbox series 2 elite controller: So I got my custom made Xbox elite series 2 controller in the mail and upon opening my package, the presentation of the controller looked real nice in the case that in came in. Upon picking up the...
  10. How do I get a refund for my custom xbox elite controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get a refund for my custom xbox elite controller?: I ordered a customized elite controller, and it looks great, but the Y button lacks a bit of sensitivity, so sometimes when I press it, it doesn't register. Obviously, that's a dealbreaker for any...