Xbox one crashing home internet-Help please

Discus and support Xbox one crashing home internet-Help please in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey everyone,i recently purchased a brand new Xbox one 500gb and all was ok with it for about 3days or so. After this i noticed my home internet was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by YaMuMsUnDi3S, Dec 27, 2015.

1. YaMuMsUnDi3S
    YaMuMsUnDi3S Guest

Hey everyone,i recently purchased a brand new Xbox one 500gb and all was ok with it for about 3days or so. After this i noticed my home internet was playing up both on WiFi and anything plugged in by Ethernet. The XB1 is connected by Ethernet cable
    and my home download speeds which i do on speed test.net are normally around 6.7mbps down and around 0.35mbps up with a ping of 27ms,these tests are normally always done on my PC which is through Ethernet,also when i do them on any WiFi device they are normally
    pretty similar.

When doing a detailed network test on the XB1 the latency is really really high and its crashing my home internet and it is unusable,by realy high i mean the latency is 6000ms and download speed is 0.04mbps and upload is 0.01mbps. I tried the DMZ host
    option on the modem,tried opening ports,tried with both UPNP on and OFF..no difference at all. Tried a hard reset on xb1 and also modem,still the same result,also tried static ip both on the modem and xb1,no difference.Also tried to connect the xb1 through
    wifi to see if that helped,same result with no difference.

If the xbox is connected to the internet it makes the whole home network unusable and unstable,nothing loads,everything times out,both on wifi and ethernet. As soon as the ethernet cable is disconnected from the xb1 the internet goes back to normal
    speeds and ping and is usable again,

I tried everything,thinking the modem was playing up,so i bought a new modem (Billion 7800NXL) and all new CAT6 Ethernet cables,new telephone line cord,new phone line splitter (came with the modem) and set it all up and it worked fine for a day then
    it went crap again,same thing,if ethernet is plugged in the internet is unusable,unplug the ethernet cable and home internet is fine.

I also have a 4 port ethernet switch that i need to use due to the setup of my house,i have tried not using it and just plugging the ethernet cables straight into the modem and on different ports,i have tried disconnecting the home phone and splitter,that
    didnt work either,have tried another phone line socket in the house which is on the same phone number and that didnt work either..

Does anyone have any suggestions that i can try please??? help me somebody Xbox one crashing home internet-Help please :(

,i have contacted my ISP ( Telstra ) and they have advised me that everything is fine with the connection as there no dropouts or outages or phone line connections etc etc... I live in Australia ( Adelaide,South Australia).

I have been playing xbox 360 games online for years and have never encountered these stupid issues that i am having at the moment,the xb1 console is brand new and it seems that its causing me all these headaches,just wondering
    if theres a setting either on the modem or the xbox that i have missed.

Please help,this is very frustrating and is doing my head in

:)

YaMuMsUnDi3S, Dec 27, 2015
  2. ds637234
    ds637234 Guest
    Internet explorer crashing and black screen

After the new update internet explorer is crashing a lot and going to black screen for some reason if you push home button it takes you home but internet explorer losses the picture and goes black. Please fix this it was crashing after the march update
    but not as bad. Initial release version from november never crashed how did you make it worse every update?

ds637234, Dec 27, 2015
  3. Forza 5 crashing

I have a problem with the forza 5 crashing back to my xbox home EVERY TIME!!!......The only problem is that it happens before the game even starts!! I already installed it to 100% and i exchanged the game for another new one! PLEASE HELP!!! i have also rebooted
    my xbox!!!

FoggiestPuddle, Dec 27, 2015
  4. xXBluDaze Win User

Need help with my Netflix app

Hey VapidWriter5219, i have tried that and it did not work for me. On my mobile hotspot the Netflix app worked great but when i signed in to my home wifi, it immediately crashed after 4 minutes if streaming. I feel like Xbox needs to put out an update that
    will fix this issue because it is really annoying having to put up with this, also its not just my Netflix app, but other apps like Youtube, xbox video, and hulu crash as well. Like i said before, it cant be my internet because all these apps work just fine
    on my other devices, so everything points to my xbox being the main culprit. Another thing i should add is that when these apps crash, it causes my router to crash as well, by losing broadband and internet connection. If someone could please help i would appreciate
    it.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Games won't work Xbox is glitching, now screen won't even turn on!!!

My BRAND NEW XBOX keeps crashing.
    How exactly is it "crashing"?

Do you get an error message? Or is the screen black when you start the console? Are you able to start a game which then crashes to the Home Screen? Or does the game crash the console so it's restarting?

Please describe your issue in a bit more details. Only then we can try to help you.
  6. Cave Waverider Win User

NHL GameCenter Constantly Crashes (10/18/2014)

Update: These crashes only seem to be happening with the NHL app on Xbox One, but not Xbox 360. I've turned on my old Xbox 360 and have been able to watch that same feed just fine without the application crashing back to the home screen.

On the Xbox One the NHL App crashes back to my home screen after a couple of minutes of watching.
  7. OK Fowl Win User

Internet is not fast on my XBOX One X

Check to see if your home router has support for Quality of Service (QoS) for its Internet connection. Enabling a QoS feature on your home router can help prioritize the network connection for your Xbox One to improve download speeds.

If you're still seeing a slow download speed, try the Xbox One Network Connection Error Solution, which can help identify problems
    between your home network and your Internet service provider.
  8. Prezdead-5478B08A-FC Win User

Xbox One Crashes To Home Screen NEED HELP!

Mine does this with EVERY game I have. Many times have i lost stuff cuz of it. Getting VERY annoying
Thema:

1. Xbox one crashing home internet-Help please - Similar Threads - crashing home internet

2. Xbox X crashing to Home Screen!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X crashing to Home Screen!: So I’ve had my Xbox X for just over a year now, since I tried to play starfield my Xbox started crashing to Home Screen. I gave up trying to play starfield tried all steps in posts I’ve seen even...
  3. Xbox series x crashes to home screen when trying to start most games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series x crashes to home screen when trying to start most games.: had this issue for months. tried power cycling and multiple console wipes and re setups. examples of games include. fortnite injustice 2, mk 11, remnant 2 and others. no eeror message, just game...
  4. Both Starfield and Forza crash back to my Home Screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Both Starfield and Forza crash back to my Home Screen: Both Starfield and Forza crash back to my home screen on my series x, but both play on my series s. They are downloaded to internal hard drive. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled, powercycled the...
  5. Xbox One X. ASA, constant crashing. Home button only dims screen, but doesn't show home menu.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X. ASA, constant crashing. Home button only dims screen, but doesn't show home menu.: Adding on to the ASA crashing reports. Playing Deep Rock and it crashes my Xbox, blinking lights, when I try to play. Only happened after the latest update. On top of that, if I can manage to play...
  6. Why does Starfield keep freezing and crashing to Home Screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Starfield keep freezing and crashing to Home Screen?: Since day one I downloaded this game to my Xbox series X, it has been crashing in the same spot. Right after you make your character you head over to the airlock where the tutorial tells you to...
  7. My Xbox series a keeps crashing and taking me back to the Home Screen. What do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series a keeps crashing and taking me back to the Home Screen. What do I do?: I’ve had my Xbox series s for about 2 years now. Since 2 weeks ago all my games will crash and take me back to the Xbox Home Screen. This started shortly after I installed fortnite. I have hard...
  8. Diablo 4 crashing to home or turning off xbox before getting to queue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Diablo 4 crashing to home or turning off xbox before getting to queue: Hi, I have a release day series X bought from Microsoft. I have always had issues with Series X optimised games crashing to home screen, but I have been able to at least log on and play in...
  9. Console flashing power light and then games crash to home with no system message of an...

in XboX Insiders
    Console flashing power light and then games crash to home with no system message of an...: A frustrating bug that's been going on lately for several alpha skip insider builds my xbox series x crashes to home with the xbox power button flashing rapidly in several games such as...
  10. Flickering screen started after Apex Legends crashed, now home screen has permanent...

in XBoX on Windows
    Flickering screen started after Apex Legends crashed, now home screen has permanent...: Hello all, I was playing apex last night, and in the middle of a game my entire screen froze and the game crashed. The home screen started flickering, and when I tried opening the game back up it...