Xbox One Controllers Broken After a Few Days

Discus and support Xbox One Controllers Broken After a Few Days in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Only opened the Xbox One up on 25th Dec and just played a few hours of Forza 5. Both controllers (1 with console, one additional purchase) have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TONCON92, Jan 1, 2014.

1. TONCON92
    TONCON92 Guest

Hi

Only opened the Xbox One up on 25th Dec and just played a few hours of Forza 5. Both controllers (1 with console, one additional purchase) have broken! Both have same issue - something loose under the left stick which you can hear rattling around inside
    the controller, as a result your steering wheel is turned to the left all of the time in Forza 5 making it unplayable. Online service was useless as kept telling me I had no devices registered and then when I tried to register them again it told me I already
    had. Called & chap said I have to send them back and they will send new ones. Can't argue with having them replaced but the email they sent to confirm says I have to post them and then wait up to 20 days! surely MS tested these controllers on their flagship
    day one game release? It can't be right that they make you wait so long - just been to Sainsburys to buy another controller - lets see how long this lasts. Seen others with RB issues - anyone had the same issue as me with left stick and was it resolved?

:)

TONCON92, Jan 1, 2014
  2. DAZZA 433
    DAZZA 433 Guest
    Why are Xbox One controllers so poorly built?

Got to admit i don't think the xbox one controllers are anywhere near as robust (in my experience) as xbox 360 controllers for accidental damage e.g. dropping on floor.

My first xbox one s controller broke after 92 days (2 days out of warranty conveniently) for no apparent reason as it had ever been dropped or damaged, luckily there are place online that you can buy replacement boards for the controllers to fit yourself.

My new controller is okay now after 12 months but its nice new play and charge kit fails to work after less than 3 months of use (cable issue) luckily any micro usb charges it.

what i would say is the thumbstick sensors in the xbox one controllers last far far longer than any other previous controller i have used, after 12 months the sticks are still solid and no ghosting where as my xbox 360 controller would have these sensors
    replaced every few months.

DAZZA 433, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Lister169126
    Lister169126 Guest
    All controllers still reconnecting

I have 3 controllers for xbox one.

Problem:

Start xbox controller wonnt connect.

After few minutes controller connect and work.

After few minutes controller disconnect and blinking...

Then shut down or work for few minutes.

All 3 controllers do the same.

When i restore console to default, all works ok for few days. Then do the same.

I tried all in:

Without change...

Thanks for help.

Lister169126, Jan 1, 2014
  4. BusGod
    BusGod Guest

Hmmm well looks like your were fault then. Mine have had daily use since Day one. I have two, so I can swap them out as the batteries die. I am having no problems so far.

Not every piece coming off the production line is tested, rather batches here and there.

I hope you get straightened out and are gaming soon!

BusGod, Jan 1, 2014
  5. BusGod
    BusGod Guest
    Correction: "Looks like yours were fault then" autocorrect gets me every time.

BusGod, Jan 1, 2014
  6. ChuckDzzNutz
    ChuckDzzNutz Guest
    My God . . . I have only had my Xbox One for two weeks, and am having this issue, so I googled it and can't believe how many others are! I am also an adult gamer that has never thrown, smashed, or anything remotely close to abuse my controller. I mainly
    play FIFA '14, and I noticed my players would suddenly just quit moving in the middle of the game, or continue on a running path that I had not sent them on. With my system having only came with one controller, I purchased a used one from eBay and have only
    had that one for a few days. I noticed an immediate difference with the new (used) one and figured I just had gotten a faulty controller in the first place. Then tonight, I started seeing the same mannerisms, and then heard something shaking around in it!
    To my first controller's credit, there is no shaking sound, but both seem to have the same issue with the left stick. I guess my question is. What am I to do now? Here I am having spent half a grand, and I have two controllers that don't work. Am I expected
    to just keep buying new ones once every week when this happens??

ChuckDzzNutz, Oct 31, 2018
  7. BusGod Win User

Hmmm well looks like your were fault then. Mine have had daily use since Day one. I have two, so I can swap them out as the batteries die. I am having no problems so far.

Not every piece coming off the production line is tested, rather batches here and there.

I hope you get straightened out and are gaming soon!
  8. ChuckDzzNutz Win User

My God . . . I have only had my Xbox One for two weeks, and am having this issue, so I googled it and can't believe how many others are! I am also an adult gamer that has never thrown, smashed, or anything remotely close to abuse my controller. I mainly
    play FIFA '14, and I noticed my players would suddenly just quit moving in the middle of the game, or continue on a running path that I had not sent them on. With my system having only came with one controller, I purchased a used one from eBay and have only
    had that one for a few days. I noticed an immediate difference with the new (used) one and figured I just had gotten a faulty controller in the first place. Then tonight, I started seeing the same mannerisms, and then heard something shaking around in it!
    To my first controller's credit, there is no shaking sound, but both seem to have the same issue with the left stick. I guess my question is. What am I to do now? Here I am having spent half a grand, and I have two controllers that don't work. Am I expected
    to just keep buying new ones once every week when this happens??
  9. BusGod Win User

Correction: "Looks like yours were fault then" autocorrect gets me every time.
  10. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Xbox controller

Controllers have a 90 day warranty when your first one broke you should have had that replaced by filling for warranty replacement. After 90 days there is no service for a broken controller and you need to buy a new one
  11. Elohmn Win User

Broken quests - When will they be fixed?

I'm not sure of the reference of what exactly is "broken"? Why is it I'm so unlucky that in over 70+ Quest Completed I've only had one (it was a Misc Quest that reset after a few days In-Game) that was "broken"?
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controllers Broken After a Few Days - Similar Threads - Controllers Broken Few

2. I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...: In December of 2023 I purchased and elite 2 controller and by mid April 24 it was broken. The sticks drift and get stuck making it impossible to play. It was “repaired” under warranty. I received...
  3. My replacement controller is broken. What do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My replacement controller is broken. What do I do?: My first controller was out of warranty and broke. I requested a replacement controller and paid the 80$. The replacement controller came with an intermittent rb button. What should I do now?...
  4. Broken rt on elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken rt on elite controller: The right trigger on my elite controller is being registered as constantly being pressed down and going to home instantly pushes the selection down and won’t go up I cannot afford a new one please...
  5. Is there any way i can get a replacement controller, if i already got rid of the broken one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way i can get a replacement controller, if i already got rid of the broken one: my controller had an issue but my mum chose to bin it is there anyway i can be sent a new one 4eec4f68-2424-4df6-9f68-c629f9c01e54
  6. How can I get my controller repaired? Still broken after 2nd times repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I get my controller repaired? Still broken after 2nd times repair: This is what I got from 2nd repair. 2024-01-09 172116.png My controller cannot charge after 3 months use. Because it is still in warranty so I tried to get it repaired. Frist time send it to...
  7. Unable to contact support over Xbox Design Labs broken new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to contact support over Xbox Design Labs broken new controller: I ordered an Xbox design lab controller that showed up broken on arrival. Triggers don't work and the black handgrip looks like its peeling. This this should have never made it through quality...
  8. by xbox elite controller is broken

in XBoX on Windows
    by xbox elite controller is broken: hi guys so i just spilt coke on my controller but not all over it the joy sticks work and the xbox middle button dose good but the light on it dosent same with the dpad and the buttons i think the...
  9. Numerous broken elite series 2 controllers and non existent support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Numerous broken elite series 2 controllers and non existent support: I have spent hundreds on numerous elite series 2 controllers for either the back paddles or bumpers to stop working, this is a known issue with build quality but have exhausted the warranty on one...
  10. I’ve had 8 elite series 2 controllers, every single one has broken bumpers after about 3...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’ve had 8 elite series 2 controllers, every single one has broken bumpers after about 3...: This is not an exaggeration. I have spent an unreal amount of money on these controllers because they are the best beyond a doubt. However, the bumpers are literally made of paper. I should get 3...