Xbox One Controller Won't Connect to PC when plugged in.

Discus and support Xbox One Controller Won't Connect to PC when plugged in. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! My friend is letting me borrow his Xbox one controller for some games, but it won't connect to my PC. I'm trying to use a cable which I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ellis Kopcho, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Ellis Kopcho
    Ellis Kopcho Guest

Hello!

My friend is letting me borrow his Xbox one controller for some games, but it won't connect to my PC. I'm trying to use a cable which I have used for data transfer in the past. When connected on my laptop and his computer, the logo turns a solid color, and works straight away, however, on mine, it buzzes and then continues to flash white and eventually turn off.

When I go into device manager, it shows up as "Controller" and refuses to update the driver.

On my laptop, it shows up as an Xbox Peripheral, so it has to be an issue with my desktop, not the controller.

I've tried re-installing Windows 11, resetting BIOS, unplugging other devices, and repairing the disk.

Re-installing Windows failed in the middle of it, resetting BIOS and unplugging other things did nothing, and repairing the disk couldn't find any issues.

Can someone please help? I'm really not sure why this would be happening, and I've been scouring the internet find anything and I couldn't find anything except for other forums which didn't help. I've also tried contacting Microsoft but I can't find anything anywhere. Not a link to their live chat, or a phone number.

Thank you so much!

:)

Ellis Kopcho, Jan 27, 2023
  2. GustyIsCrusty Win User

Paired xbox one wireless controller to Xbox console, want to pair that to my windows 10

Hey ! Does the controller power on when you plug it in via USB? Try out the steps on the "How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller
    to a Windows PC
    " page and see if you're able to get connected. Post back and let us know!
    When I plug the USB into my controller then into the PC, the controller vibrates and I'm able to turn it on. But my PC doesn't tell me that the controller is plugged in. And Xbox Accessories says that I need to plug in a controller, but it is plugged
    in. So I don't know what is going on. Have you guys ever had this type of problem posted before? If yes please let me know how it was solved. Thank you.
  3. Mister Cizl Win User

Paired xbox one wireless controller to Xbox console, want to pair that to my windows 10

4. PeteBary10 Win User

Microsoft Xbox One Controller Driver not working

If you've not already done so. Take a look over the following link for information on using your Xbox One controller with a Windows PC.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc
    This is how I have connected my remote in the past when I used it with my computer, just by connecting the USB to the computer and into the controller. For some reason this has stopped working though and no longer turns on the remote when I plug it in
  5. user928new Win User

Xbox one controller not connecting to Xbox Wireless Adapter for win10

Summary: I fixed it by plugging USB cable into a controller and pc, win 10 recognized it, system restart was required and after that controller was working wirelessly also.

Longer description: I installed fresh windows 10, downloaded and installed all win updates, then I tried all these steps and at the end controller started working.

1) plugged wireless adapter into USB windows 10 recognized it but Xbox one controller won't connect (keep on blinking)

2) plugged wireless adapter into another USB port but Xbox one controller won't connect (keep on blinking)

3) plugged wireless adapter into another USB port started task manager removed Xbox one adapter, windows found it again but still noting (gamepad keep on blinking)

4) plugged wireless adapter into another USB port (front) started task manager removed Xbox one adapter and Xbox drivers, windows found it again installed it but still noting (gamepad keep on blinking)

5) FINALLY, I fixed it by plugging USB cable into a controller and pc, win 10 recognized it, system restart was required and after that controller was working wirelessly also.
  6. Demonol Win User

Xbox one controller buttons not working in game only on certain game

Do you have an Xbox One or Xbox 360 controller plugged into your PC, or are you using your controller connected to your Xbox One?
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller Won't Connect to PC when plugged in. - Similar Threads - Controller Won't Connect

2. My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One: For a little bit I've been using my Xbox Series S Controller to play on my PC, but when I wanted to play my Xbox One again, the controller just did not work, so I tried to reconnect the controller...
  3. My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc via bluethooth but it won't appear in the bluethooth area, I tried updating the drivers, updating the controller through the Xbox...
  4. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller: I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can...
  5. My two Xbox One (Original) controllers won't connect to the Original Xbox One console anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My two Xbox One (Original) controllers won't connect to the Original Xbox One console anymore.: It's been 3 weeks since I played on my original Xbox One with two controllers. They connected fine before the issue happened. As for the issue, it happened the next day, I tried to play on the...
  6. Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds: I play connected via usb cable when it just stopped responding. I tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, which worked but only for around 4 seconds, i could keep doing that to control...
  7. my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.: I've stayed in the testing mode to check response and nothing is wrong. I've left it on test mode for 1 hour constantly pressing buttons. no problems. when I play rainbow seige or any games all...
  8. New Xbox wireless controller won't connect to my Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox wireless controller won't connect to my Windows 10: Few days ago I got a new Xbox wireless controller, I've connected it to one Windows 10 laptop and it worked perfectly. Few days later I tried connecting it to another Windows 10 laptop and it...
  9. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  10. Xbox Controller vibrates when plugged in but won't connect.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller vibrates when plugged in but won't connect.: For the past days,months and years my xbox controller has been working perfectly fine until now. I plug it into my PC and it vibrates but the light doesn't turn on neither it connect. I've tried 2...