Xbox One controller won't automatically reconnect to USB dongle after using wired connection.

Discus and support Xbox One controller won't automatically reconnect to USB dongle after using wired connection. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My Xbox One controller has to be resynced with the dongle every time I use the play and charge kit, any idea on how to fix this issue? I'm currently... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Malmern, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Malmern
    Malmern Guest

Xbox One controller won't automatically reconnect to USB dongle after using wired connection.

My Xbox One controller has to be resynced with the dongle every time I use the play and charge kit,

any idea on how to fix this issue?

I'm currently using Windows 7,

besides this small issue,

the controller is working fine on both wired and wireless connection,

but it's getting kinda annoying having to resync every time I'm charging my controller.

:)

Malmern, Nov 6, 2018
  2. EricBurson
    EricBurson Guest
    Xbox One Wireless Controller Won't Stay Connected In Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the Xbox One Wireless Controller not staying connected in Windows 10.

I'm using one of the newer controllers with the stereo input along with the USB wireless adapter dongle.

Whether after batteries run out, after it disconnects from being idle, or one if it's random disconnects, it refuses to connect again. Pressing and holding the Xbox button causes it to connect for one second then disconnect. It just won't stay connected.
    Re-sycning with the dongle will not connect it. Connected with a USB cable, then unplugging will not keep it connected. The only way to use the controller is to restart the computer. Which means I'm restarting my computer multiple times a day.

I've updated the controller firmware and have uninstalled and reinstalled the drive for the dongle. Neither have helped.

EricBurson, Nov 6, 2018
  3. jliang14
    jliang14 Guest
    Xbox One controller broken by Windows Anniversary Update

After the Anniversary Update, both my wireless dongle and Xbox One controller (both OEM) appear to be broken.

The dongle doesn't show up in Device manager, despite switching to different USB ports.

The gamepad now won't stay turned on, even connected via USB. Isn't detected in the "Xbox Accessories" app.

jliang14, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Xbox One controller won't automatically reconnect to USB dongle after using wired connection.

Hi there Malmern,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with keeping the controller synced to your PC.

I recommend taking a look at the following article:
    How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC

• Bluetooth requires a PC running the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. See
      Windows Update: FAQ
      to learn how to get the latest Windows update.
    • For best performance, update your controller. See
      How to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10
    • Bluetooth is supported on PCs, tablets, and laptops. It is not supported on mobile devices.
    • Bluetooth does not support any attachments, such as headsets, chatpads, or the Xbox Stereo Adapter.
    • We recommend connecting only one controller at a time using Bluetooth.

Hope this helps.

XBF Crystal P, Nov 6, 2018
  5. Malmern
    Malmern Guest
    Thanks for replying.

It's kinda hard to update my controller,

seeing as I'm using Windows 7, not Windows 10,

and I've not any plans to upgrade to Windows 10 any time soon.

I'm not using Bluetooth built into my computer,

I'm using the dongle; Microsoft Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows (HK9-00003)

Regards

Marius

Malmern, Nov 6, 2018
  6. FreakRoach
    FreakRoach Guest
    I think the controller ia designed this way only so as to connect only to one system. When you use it wired its settings are overwritten and it needs to be resynched to connect to a wireless adapter. It works same for Xbox.

FreakRoach, Nov 5, 2018
  7. NosyClown516055 Win User

So, I'm on Windows 10 on a PC, and my controller was updated today, and I have the same issue (since forever): if I connect the controller via cable (to, y'know, charge it) it no longer connects. Control panel thinks it's paired, but I have to remove the
    pairing and pair again. I'm connecting with Bluetooth, and even tried two different BT dongles.
  8. XBF Amber M Win User

Hey there,

We will be locking this older thread due to it being revived by a new post. If the issue is
    on going, we recommend creating a new thread
    detailing the issue at hand and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. We will be more than happy to answer any questions.

Thank you!
  9. Malmern Win User

Thanks for replying.

It's kinda hard to update my controller,

seeing as I'm using Windows 7, not Windows 10,

and I've not any plans to upgrade to Windows 10 any time soon.

I'm not using Bluetooth built into my computer,

I'm using the dongle; Microsoft Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows (HK9-00003)

Regards

Marius
  10. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Malmern,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with keeping the controller synced to your PC.

I recommend taking a look at the following article:
    How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC

• Bluetooth requires a PC running the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. See
      Windows Update: FAQ
      to learn how to get the latest Windows update.
    • For best performance, update your controller. See
      How to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10
    • Bluetooth is supported on PCs, tablets, and laptops. It is not supported on mobile devices.
    • Bluetooth does not support any attachments, such as headsets, chatpads, or the Xbox Stereo Adapter.
    • We recommend connecting only one controller at a time using Bluetooth.

Hope this helps.
  11. FreakRoach Win User

I think the controller ia designed this way only so as to connect only to one system. When you use it wired its settings are overwritten and it needs to be resynched to connect to a wireless adapter. It works same for Xbox.
Thema:

1. Xbox One controller won't automatically reconnect to USB dongle after using wired connection. - Similar Threads - controller won't automatically

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. Why won't the controller stay connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the controller stay connected?: I have read all related questions and suggestions. Nothing is a permanent fix and I'd rather not switch systems. If there isn't a fix for this , switching is the I kt option left...
  4. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  5. Elite 2 controller battery won't charge

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite 2 controller battery won't charge: Hi everyone, The battery of my Elite 2 controller is not being charged anymore. I play on a computer that has a wired controller. The battery has a lifespan of approximately 20 to 50 minutes. I...
  6. My PDP Controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Windows
    My PDP Controller won't turn on: I got a new PDP controller and when I tried to turn it on it won't work, it won't even light up. Is there a way to solve the problem or do I need to get s new one...
  7. why won't my controller work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't my controller work?: my controller will not work with minecraft. 2e4cb778-3a95-4135-abf7-2f8e4a9d12ca
  8. My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One: For a little bit I've been using my Xbox Series S Controller to play on my PC, but when I wanted to play my Xbox One again, the controller just did not work, so I tried to reconnect the controller...
  9. My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox: My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox e667e29d-baa6-4e38-b72a-77fe31dd074f
  10. My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc via bluethooth but it won't appear in the bluethooth area, I tried updating the drivers, updating the controller through the Xbox...