Xbox One Controller With Headset Adapter Produces Glitchy Audio

Discus and support Xbox One Controller With Headset Adapter Produces Glitchy Audio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A while ago I purchased the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter. It worked great for a long some. Slowly over time, I started to notice that the audio was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cody W., Jun 9, 2018.

1. Cody W.
    Cody W. Guest

A while ago I purchased the
    Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter
    . It worked great for a long some. Slowly over time, I started to notice that the audio was sounding a bit "corrupt". Now it is to the point where I can play a game for a few minutes (from the startup of the Xbox) and then
    after that its just complete mayhem, it sounds awful and I cannot stand it. It makes it so the game isn't even playable. It's just like "ERRRRRRRRRR" (great example) in my ears. I've tried with many different pairs of headphones and it's all the same. I notice
    if I unplug my headphones and plug them back in, then it fixes it for a few seconds, but not very long at all. I also have noticed that it seems as if the cause of this is connected to the game, as well as what game I am playing, some games do it more than
    others. For example, if I am playing Assassins Creed Syndicate and I am running around it will start doing it, but when I pause, replug in my headphones on the menu its fine until I go back into playing the game. I do not know what the problem is, please help.
    Thank You :]

:)

Cody W., Jun 9, 2018
  2. RT Frank
    RT Frank Guest
    Headset with Xbox One S controller not producing audio

I recently got a new xbox one s controller and a new headset with a jack. I can hear everyone and everything just fine; however, no audio is being produced. On party chat my gamertag pops up as if I am talking but no one
    can hear me.

Originally I thought it was an issue with the controller and/or headset, but connecting my headset to my controller (via jack) and my controller to my pc (via wireless adapter) and it produces audio just fine. Even putting different headsets to
    my controller produces audio just fine on my pc and putting the original headset to the jack on my pc works fine.

I'm guessing that there may be something wrong with my console. Any help would be appreciated!

RT Frank, Jun 9, 2018
  3. RT Frank
    RT Frank Guest
    Headset with Xbox One S Controller not producing audio

I recently got a new xbox one s controller and a new headset with a jack. I can hear everyone and everything just fine; however, no audio is being produced. On party chat my gamertag pops up as if I am talking but no one can hear me.

Originally I thought it was an issue with the controller and/or headset, but connecting my headset to my controller (via jack) and my controller to my pc (via wireless adapter) and it produces audio just fine. Even putting different headsets to my controller
    produces audio just fine on my pc and putting the original headset to the jack on my pc works fine.

I'm guessing that there may be something wrong with my console. Any help would be appreciated!

RT Frank, Jun 9, 2018
  4. Rivergamer09
    Rivergamer09 Guest

I'm having a very similar issue. For whatever reason game audio isn't coming through entirely. Like in PUBG I can hear other people walk, but not myself. When I'm driving I can kind of hear the car, but it's almost like I'm hearing it from a distance.
    For the Arkham games I can hear Batman's internal dialogue, but no one else speaking. The same thing occurs regardless of the headset or controller.

Rivergamer09, Jun 9, 2018
  5. Cody W.
    Cody W. Guest
    That sucks, however, my problem is very different. The sound doesn't come out at different volumes like you are saying, but it sounds corrupt and turns into loud ear-raping noises, almost like something out of a Hollywood movie. Hopefully, someone can help
    resolve both of our issues.

Cody W., Jun 10, 2018
  6. Cody W.
    Cody W. Guest
    Well, about a week ago I bought another controller with a built-in headphone jack since my other controller came with the old Xbox which does not have one. I tried it and then it just would output no audio instead of the corrupt
    sounding audio like the other controller. I then tried it without being plugged into the Xbox and used batteries, and well surprisingly there were no issues. This doesn't quite make sense to me but maybe it is the wire I am using? It would really help if someone
    could provide some kind of answer.

Cody W., Jun 22, 2018
  7. Cody W.
    Cody W. Guest
    So conclusively I ended up just keeping the controller with the headphone jack and I use a rechargeable battery in it and charge it every so often.

Cody W., Nov 3, 2018
  8. Cody W. Win User

So conclusively I ended up just keeping the controller with the headphone jack and I use a rechargeable battery in it and charge it every so often.
  9. Rivergamer09 Win User

I'm having a very similar issue. For whatever reason game audio isn't coming through entirely. Like in PUBG I can hear other people walk, but not myself. When I'm driving I can kind of hear the car, but it's almost like I'm hearing it from a distance.
    For the Arkham games I can hear Batman's internal dialogue, but no one else speaking. The same thing occurs regardless of the headset or controller.
  10. Cody W. Win User

That sucks, however, my problem is very different. The sound doesn't come out at different volumes like you are saying, but it sounds corrupt and turns into loud ear-raping noises, almost like something out of a Hollywood movie. Hopefully, someone can help
    resolve both of our issues.
  11. Cody W. Win User

Well, about a week ago I bought another controller with a built-in headphone jack since my other controller came with the old Xbox which does not have one. I tried it and then it just would output no audio instead of the corrupt
    sounding audio like the other controller. I then tried it without being plugged into the Xbox and used batteries, and well surprisingly there were no issues. This doesn't quite make sense to me but maybe it is the wire I am using? It would really help if someone
    could provide some kind of answer.
  12. demonj00 Win User

Mic not being picked up with stereo adapter

I have the xb1 stereo headset. Mic doesn't work and game audio is glitchy at times. My controller froze up in Titanfall once while using the adapter also.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller With Headset Adapter Produces Glitchy Audio - Similar Threads - Controller Headset Adapter

2. My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...: I’ve tried some of the things other sources have told me to do to fix it and none of them have worked. d4b9ec58-1587-42e3-bd27-30d62116ada2
  3. Controller disconnects when headset is plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnects when headset is plugged in: Hi, my daughter is trying to play my xbox one when she plugs a headset in it works OK in the fortnight lobby but as soon as a game loads it disconnects the controller. Any ideas? Thanks...
  4. My Xbox Controller and headset are constantly disconnecting from my Xbox and I don’t know...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller and headset are constantly disconnecting from my Xbox and I don’t know...: Can anyone Help me the disconnecting is CONSTANT it doesn’t stop at all a0a1dc9f-61de-404a-a213-d12b65c72cdb
  5. Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10): So I just bought an Xbox Wireless Controller and a wireless adapter, since my PC does not support Bluetooth. Whenever I am using it without my headset, everything is fine, but as soon as I turn on...
  6. Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x: EverytimeI try to connect my controller and Bluetooth xbox headset to my xbox its just doesn't work f8f763ee-d568-4cde-8e12-af4b6f0d075a
  7. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  8. Controllers and headset disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controllers and headset disconnecting: Since I bought my new TV (LG C3 77") I have big problems with my two controllers and Xbox wireless headset on my Xbox Series X. The Xbox button begins to flash on the controllers and it...
  9. Wired Headset makes Controller disconnect

in XboX Insiders
    Wired Headset makes Controller disconnect: I have an issue that when my wored headset is connect to my Xbox One controller, I have audio issues and my controller will desync. The audio is almost always spotty but the controller will...
  10. Controller and headset disconnecting from series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and headset disconnecting from series x: Happens a few times a week where it will just keep happening every few minutes or so. Reset the console, tried different controllers etc but still does it. 8f724b47-cc25-4703-883f-a3a9ff301ceb