Xbox One controller shut down mid-game and won't turn back on (PC)

Discus and support Xbox One controller shut down mid-game and won't turn back on (PC) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, My Xbox One controller shut down mid-game yesterday and won't start-up again. Connecting 2 different micro USB cables to 2 different chargers and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dave951, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Dave951
    Dave951 Guest

Hi,

My Xbox One controller shut down mid-game yesterday and won't start-up again. Connecting 2 different micro USB cables to 2 different chargers and a port on the pc made no difference. There is no vibration when plugging-in the cable.

If I replace the xbox one controller battery with AA batteries, the light on the Xbox One controller's xbox button will flash twice when pressed, then remain off. On the second flash, the light on the USB receiver for the controller flashes at the same time. I've tried 3 different pairs of AA batteries.

:)

Dave951, Dec 1, 2022
  2. Dave951 Win User

Yes, no signs of life whether the controller is untethered, connected to a charger via USB or connected to the PC via USB.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Dave, in this case the best option is get the controller repaired in the closest authorized retailer or where original parts are used or replaced if it’s on warranty
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Dave951

I don’t like to give bad news but unfortunately everything points to be a hardware issue with the controller :c

Just to confirm, even if you disconnect the controller from the PC the controller does the same?
  5. slufan83 Win User

Xbox Game Freezes, Makes Noise, and Shuts Off

No error shows up. I'll be playing a hockey game mid game and it just stops in place for a couple seconds, then that "errrrrrr" sound happens and the system just shuts off. Only way to turn it back on is to manually hit the power button. The controller
    won't turn the system on after this happens.
  6. JayTee3 Win User

My Xbox 360 shut down mid-game and wont turn back on

It is most likely the power brick. It doesn't necessarily have to be a heat problem if it doesn't feel hot. If you hear it churning and whirring to its heart's content then that's a sign of power failure/fan failure. The fan's should never be going "full
    blast" unless something was installing that was off a disc or a really big install on the 360. Its not unusual but is a little uncommon for he fans to poop-out like that. My 360 use to due the same thing and when I bought a new power brick from like GameStop,
    it stopped sounding atrocious and stopped randomly shutting off.

New power bricks are cheap. Xbox doesn't do servicing on the Xbox 360 anymore. So that may be a telltale sign to upgrade to a One if you haven't yet.
    Can't play NBA 2K10 on the xbox 360. Plus I already have an xbox one which I never use cause I don't really like the Xbox One.

Just wanted to play some old games that aren't backwards compatible but guess not.
Thema:

1. Xbox One controller shut down mid-game and won't turn back on (PC) - Similar Threads - controller shut down

2. Controller randomly shutting off / disconnecting

in XboX Insiders
    Controller randomly shutting off / disconnecting: Whenever i get on a game (it picks and chooses) the headset will buzz and my controller will blink before disconnecting, it does it continuously until i unplug my mic, does anyone know the problem...
  3. Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?: Yesterday I played some Halo Infinite Matches and noticed that my controller turned itself off. First I thought it was the battery so i charged it and today I recognized the issue occurs when I...
  4. My controler shows it’s connecting then vibrates and shuts off. How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controler shows it’s connecting then vibrates and shuts off. How do I fix it?: Hey, so I was moving stuff around my room and then a glass of water fell onto the ground and then my controller did after, I cleaned it off and checked for water damage. I didn’t see and so I...
  5. Controller blinking shutting off and on not syncing with my Xbox even though I reset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller blinking shutting off and on not syncing with my Xbox even though I reset...: My controller has been acting crazy and blinking and kicking me off my headphones if I'm in a party chat or whatever I'm doing sitting on the home screen it keeps not syncing with my Xbox and the...
  6. Controller shuts off and audio cuts out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller shuts off and audio cuts out: I need help fixing my controller, I’m not sure why but it constantly does this thing where the audio gets super choppy where I can’t hear my party, audio, and my friends can’t hear me because of...
  7. Xbox Series X Screen Flickering, controller disconnects, Xbox shuts down or freezes. Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Screen Flickering, controller disconnects, Xbox shuts down or freezes. Xbox...: The only way I get it to stop for a short period of time is by when I encounter the issue, I immediately unplug my Xbox, plug it back in, go to settings, and then reset my alternate Mac address....
  8. Controller while playing Cold War keeps shutting on and off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Controller while playing Cold War keeps shutting on and off: While playing Cold War the controller shuts on and off. Tried to sink it. And tried a different controller. All it does is shut on and off. I even unplugged every thing for about 2 hours and it...
  9. Xbox Series X/S controller shutting off while plugged in

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X/S controller shutting off while plugged in: In the last few days, I've started having issues with my controller shutting off while it's plugged in. About a minute after I power on the system with it (the Xbox is not in sleep mode. I turn it...
  10. Any solution to my Xbox series x controller blinking vibrating then shutting off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any solution to my Xbox series x controller blinking vibrating then shutting off?: Xbox series x controller blinks vibrates then turns off it was working before with no issue I tried the usb it turns on but the buttons don't work, the joystick moves tho and the trigger. I try...