Xbox One Controller Scrolls On Its Own

Discus and support Xbox One Controller Scrolls On Its Own in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought and Xbox One a year ago, and I bought a second controller along with it. One of the two controllers will scroll the menu, be it the home... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Thomas Wise, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Thomas Wise
    Thomas Wise Guest

I bought and Xbox One a year ago, and I bought a second controller along with it. One of the two controllers will scroll the menu, be it the home screen Netflix or Halo, on its own continuously. It doesn't always do this, but it does it enough to be a big
    issue. I have take then batteries out to see if I can reset it somehow. Is there anything else I can do to try and get the controller to act normally?

:)

Thomas Wise, Jan 7, 2016
  2. Double Icy
    Double Icy Guest
    Xbox Guide

I have recently encountered a problem and I dont know if its my controller causing it or just the xbox , every time i click the guide button my screen just scrolls all the way down on its own without me pressing anything and it doesn’t Allow me to scroll
    up but when playing games their is no problems with my controller does anyone know what i can do to fix this?

Double Icy, Jan 7, 2016
  3. controller disconnects on its own

Battery pack losing contact because of the rumble motors is the most likely reason. You should notice a small piece of plastic protruding out of the controller into the battery case. This closes a contact on the normal battery packs and it's that contact
    point that might need mild cleaning, or a small piece of paper to put even more pressure on that contact. On the rechargeable packs the contacts might need some simple cleaning and a rubber eraser works well enough for cleaning copper contacts.

Smiling Cat-FAB725BA-E75F-400C-9250-ECD9955C9C75, Jan 7, 2016
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

Hello Gallant,

You may want to try a power cycle (support.xbox.com/.../power-cycle-console) and see if that makes a difference.

In addition, make sure that your controller is completely up to date in Settings>All Settings>Kinect & Devices>Devices & Accessories.

Let us know how you get on.

maxen, Jan 7, 2016
  5. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    About the only thing you can do is make sure it is updated completely. When this happens purchasing a new controller is what is required. Sorry, I know that is not what you wanted to hear but that is just the way it is.

You could try the hard reset on the console. Just to try to correct the issue try this. Remove the batteries from the controller and disconnect it from the console (no usb cable). Shut down the console by holding the power button for 10 seconds or until
    the power shuts off completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console. Once it is back up and online put new batteries in the controller and test for results.

If this doesn't work then purchasing a new controller is about your only option. Good Luck!

{Parity}, Oct 31, 2018
  6. maxen Win User

Hello Gallant,

You may want to try a power cycle (support.xbox.com/.../power-cycle-console) and see if that makes a difference.

In addition, make sure that your controller is completely up to date in Settings>All Settings>Kinect & Devices>Devices & Accessories.

Let us know how you get on.
  7. {Parity} Win User

About the only thing you can do is make sure it is updated completely. When this happens purchasing a new controller is what is required. Sorry, I know that is not what you wanted to hear but that is just the way it is.

You could try the hard reset on the console. Just to try to correct the issue try this. Remove the batteries from the controller and disconnect it from the console (no usb cable). Shut down the console by holding the power button for 10 seconds or until
    the power shuts off completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console. Once it is back up and online put new batteries in the controller and test for results.

If this doesn't work then purchasing a new controller is about your only option. Good Luck!
  8. MR. Hogg Win User

Xbox controllers scrolling on it's own

Just updated another controller

and it has the same problem, I don't know if it's a problem with 1 of the parts inside my controller or not wht should I do?
  9. MateusFontana Win User

Because the above solutions do not solve the problem I believe it may be a drifting problem, this problem can only be fixed by taking the console to repair or replacing it with a new one.

- If your control is still within the warranty period, you can activate it through the link below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  10. Just a Volunteer Win User

Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller Scrolls On Its Own - Similar Threads - Controller Scrolls Own

2. I can get my controller off of fast scroll.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can get my controller off of fast scroll.: I can get my controller off of fast scroll. 763744de-ab88-4474-b311-8b17845f245d
  3. How do I stop my controller from drifting or fast scrolling?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my controller from drifting or fast scrolling?: Since the last update my controller has been fast scrolling so my Xbox has been useless. I tried everything that is mentioned to fix it and nothing works. I don't have an ease of access option on...
  4. My Xbox controller won't stop scrolling up on certain apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller won't stop scrolling up on certain apps: The controller works perfectly fine while playing videogames and using most apps. On the home screen it is very sensitive and jumps around a lot but does not get stuck in any direction but for...
  5. How do I fix my controller so it lets me scroll

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my controller so it lets me scroll: I was trying to make a Fortnite account on my Xbox series S and it will not let me click that I don’t want to link an account I can leave Fortnite but the controller isn’t letting me click or...
  6. How do I fix my controller so it lets me scroll

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my controller so it lets me scroll: I was trying to make a Fortnite account on my Xbox series S and it will not let me click that I don’t want to link an account I can leave Fortnite but the controller isn’t letting me click or...
  7. My xbox series s controller keeps scrolling down

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series s controller keeps scrolling down: My xbox series s controller keeps scrolling down e9535982-184d-45c4-88f8-f5acf97477d1
  8. why is my Controller scrolling fast on Fallout 4?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is my Controller scrolling fast on Fallout 4?: Hey everyone! So I decided to replay Fallout 4 but when I load the game; my controller wants to scroll stupid fast on the main menu unless im holding down the A button. Also, when loading a new...
  9. Xbox Controller automatically looks/ scrolls up by itself during games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller automatically looks/ scrolls up by itself during games: Hey all, I have recently been having an issue with my Xbox Mineral Camo controller since 2 weeks ago. The analog stick automatically and slowly shifts upwards during a game. I am using it on my...
  10. My xbox series x controller scrolls on its own

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller scrolls on its own: Two months ago I bought an Xbox series X and its been working fine but today when the controller is connected it automatically scrolls down. 8b34341f-49a7-4a3c-8e8f-2164c281ea13