xbox one controller & receiver

Discus and support xbox one controller & receiver in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi i live in South Africa and wanted to know which model xbox one controller & receiver is compatible with pc so i buy the correct thing as we unable... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by unitedtarsier74, Dec 1, 2022.

1. xbox one controller & receiver

Hi

i live in South Africa and wanted to know which model xbox one controller & receiver is compatible with pc so i buy the correct thing as we unable to buy xbox gear on your website.

:)

unitedtarsier74, Dec 1, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

My Elite controller 2 cannot connect via Bluetooth after connecting USB on my PC

Hi,

This is how the controllers are meant to function. The reason is a simple one. All current Xbox controllers have two wireless modes, one is Bluetooth and the other is the proprietary wireless mode controllers use to either connect to an Xbox One console
    or the Xbox One receiver for Windows 10.

When you un-plug your controller, the controller will only look for the Xbox One receiver, not Bluetooth, this is why you need to sync it again. Nothing wrong with your controller.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 controller not working with Xbox Cloud Gaming.

Hi,

The Xbox 360 wireless controllers can't be turned into wired ones with a Play & Charge. This is because even when wired, 360 wireless controllers remain wireless. The cable only provides power, no data is sent.

This is also why they don't appear in game controllers but the generic controller does.

To use a wireless 360 controller on Windows requires a gaming receiver. And the receiver must be for 360 controllers, the official receiver for Xbox One/Series controllers won't work.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Why isn't my xBox 360 controller working in windows 11?

Your controller isn't a wired controller. Unlike the Xbox One and Series X|S controllers, the Xbox 360 wireless controllers are always wireless. Hence why the second part (circled) refers to using an Xbox gaming receiver with an Xbox 360 wireless controller.

Note that the 'Gaming receiver' must be an Xbox 360 receiver. The newer Xbox One wireless receivers are not compatible with Xbox 360 wireless controllers.

[​IMG]
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 controller not syncing to pc

Hi,

The Xbox 360 wireless protocol is not Bluetooth. This is why your 360 controller won't sync to your wireless receiver. PlayStation Dual Shock uses BT, the 360 does not. Only the Xbox One X controller can be connected via Bluetooth.

If you want to use a wireless 360 controller you will need to buy the Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver. Don't buy the Xbox One receiver as it does not support 360 controllers either.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

How Do I Connect A Wireless Xbox One Controller To Windows 10?

Hi,

That wireless gaming receiver only works with 360 controllers, not Xbox One controllers. The Xbox one controller uses a different wireless protocol.

If you have Bluetooth for your PC you can pair the controller and use wireless this way. If you don't, you can buy any BT 4.0 USB dongle and connect using that. The dongles cost no more that $8.

Or you can buy the official Xbox One wireless receiver for Xbox One controllers.
Thema:

xbox one controller & receiver

1. xbox one controller & receiver - Similar Threads - controller receiver

2. Xbox controller not receiving any power through USB C port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller not receiving any power through USB C port: Hi all, So I have a series x/s controller that I've had for a while now that I mainly use on my pc by connecting it with a USB C cable but a few days ago it didn't turn on, I've tried connecting...
  3. What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?: I currently have an Xbox series X. a few months ago's I upgraded from an Xbox One X. I have my video and audio going to my TV and then optical out going to my audio receiver. I used to be able to...
  4. How do I rename Xbox Controllers connected to PC via Xbox Wireless Receiver?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I rename Xbox Controllers connected to PC via Xbox Wireless Receiver?: I have 4 Xbox Wireless Controllers connected to a Windows 10 PC, via an Xbox Wireless Receiver. All 4 controllers are identified identically in the system. Trying to distinguish one from another...
  5. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10): Whenever i plug in my Xbox wireless receiver/adapter to my computer, in the Device manager it gets detected as a controller and not an adapter. Ive tried updating the drivers but it doesn't work.i...
  6. Microsoft cancelled controller repair when they received it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft cancelled controller repair when they received it: I sent my under warranty controller to Microsoft and they cancelled the order. They did not let me know via e-mail. I only realized it was cancelled when I selected the controller in my devices on...
  7. I sent in an xbox series 2 red controller but never received it in the original box I sent...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I sent in an xbox series 2 red controller but never received it in the original box I sent...: I sent a red elite series 2 controller in for repair in the original box and received the controller in a brown standard box which is not the original box I sent it in....
  8. I ordered my controller 4 days ago why havnt I receive another email?

in XBoX on Windows
    I ordered my controller 4 days ago why havnt I receive another email?: Xbox design lab processsing 1182af14-17dc-4263-ab9e-a4a419db0ad1
  9. Raising a Complaint on the Replacement Controller I have received.

in XBoX on Windows
    Raising a Complaint on the Replacement Controller I have received.: Hello, I really require a Human and not a virtual assistant to look into this matter. I bought a Xbox Series x/s controller in October and unfortunately last week it become faulty, the A button...
  10. I am wanting to know if i purchase a scuf xbox controller if i will receive a ban?

in XBoX on Windows
    I am wanting to know if i purchase a scuf xbox controller if i will receive a ban?: I am looking to buy a custom controller but I am not sure if it is one that will incur a ban...is there any way I can check? Thanks, 9afa766e-e516-4c87-9806-f579daed3971