Xbox One Controller random button pressing.

Discus and support Xbox One Controller random button pressing. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So after about a week of having my xbox one, during game play my controller just randomly presses a button. Mainly the RB or the right joystick will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by X WEES X, Jan 5, 2014.

1. X WEES X
    X WEES X Guest

So after about a week of having my xbox one, during game play my controller just randomly presses a button. Mainly the RB or the right joystick will turn in a circle without me touching them. Its really annoying to be trying to play a racing game and my
    car just turns on its own. I cant seem to find the serial number to register and get it sent for a repair. So where is the serial number? and will Microsoft fix this problem.

:)

X WEES X, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest
    Random Button Pressing?

Hey guys -

Thanks for posting. If you haven't yet, please make sure your
    controller is updated
    to the latest firmware. If after updating you are you still experiencing issues, please create a new thread detailing the issues as this thread is a couple years old.

Thanks! Xbox One Controller random button pressing. :)

Miss Bijoux, Jan 5, 2014
  3. BobMcFly247
    BobMcFly247 Guest
    Random Button Pressing?

Is this also happening when your controller is not connected to your One?If so , does it also happen when having kinect disabled?

BobMcFly247, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Xbox One Controller random button pressing.

Probably under the battery cover....and they will fix it but you have to get it to them........

RobertBuckalew, Jan 5, 2014
  5. X WEES X
    X WEES X Guest
    I looked under there but the only take 12 digit serial numbers, the controllers have 14 ive tried different cominations

X WEES X, Jan 5, 2014
  6. Ok, I think you just register the console....then call support (use the "have them call you back option" unless you like holding on) they will give you a SR # (service request) and start a ticket......then they will email you with the sad news that YOU have
    to drive and ship it to them after YOU pay the postage to do that, WHEN they get yours, they will send you one back (that is misleading though as they got mine Dec 27 and have yet to send me anything back and from what ive read here on this forum, expect at
    least a month)........I was told by them I should just "buy another one"...........

RobertBuckalew, Oct 31, 2018
  7. RobertBuckalew Win User

Ok, I think you just register the console....then call support (use the "have them call you back option" unless you like holding on) they will give you a SR # (service request) and start a ticket......then they will email you with the sad news that YOU have
    to drive and ship it to them after YOU pay the postage to do that, WHEN they get yours, they will send you one back (that is misleading though as they got mine Dec 27 and have yet to send me anything back and from what ive read here on this forum, expect at
    least a month)........I was told by them I should just "buy another one"...........
  8. RobertBuckalew Win User

Probably under the battery cover....and they will fix it but you have to get it to them........
  9. X WEES X Win User

I looked under there but the only take 12 digit serial numbers, the controllers have 14 ive tried different cominations
  10. EtremeSteaks72 Win User

Random Button Pressing?

Sorry i'm late to this thread but by any chance did you find a way to fix this problem because this is currently happening to me.
  11. TooBusyForNames Win User

Random Button Pressing?

I'm afraid that it still occurs with both items disconnected. Currently, the only things plugged into it are the HDMI in (for a TV receiver), a cord for sound, and an HDMI connecting the thing to the projector I use with it.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller random button pressing. - Similar Threads - Controller random button

2. My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly: Hello, recently I've been having this issue when playing a game where my controller would randomly disconnect and reconnect even in wired on PC, I tried other usb cables, batteries, another pc,...
  3. Why is my controller randomly disconnecting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller randomly disconnecting?: This is ridiculous. I’ve done everything I have seen online and in these forums and I cannot get this to work properly. The only people I havent seen commenting is Microsoft. Whats the problem?!...
  4. My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons: Whenever I tried to use it on Xbox app (PC Version), the game controller goes nuts by rapidly switching between keyboard mapping and controller mapping. When I test it on Xbox Accessories App, I...
  5. I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...: I ran a stick drift test and it has none so it is something to do with cloud gaming. Anyone have any clue on what's going on and how to fix it? d13755ae-ae21-4815-9147-b9d6e76b5e39
  6. My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S: My elite series 2 core controller has been working just fine for the past 8 months since I have had it with no issues then today it won’t stay connected to my Xbox, the controller will start to...
  7. Why does my Xbox controller randomly start blinking?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller randomly start blinking?: My Xbox controller won’t connect to my Xbox. Batteries were replaced and did try to reconnect after. The controller will connect if plugged in first. If I disconnect it it will stay connected...
  8. Xbox One wired controller keeps disconnecting randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One wired controller keeps disconnecting randomly: Hi, My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting for 2-3 seconds at a time when online gaming. I have an Xbox Series X, with a 10foot micro-USB cable connecting the console to a stock Xbox One...
  9. My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons.: My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing the capture button, Y button and causes my left joystick to go down (note my controller has not suffered from stick drift in the past). This issue only...
  10. Wireless xbox controller randomly pressing buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless xbox controller randomly pressing buttons: Hi all So I recently got a wireless Xbox 360 controller, and for a few days it's been working fine, however starting today it's acting.. Weird The joystick, for example, seems to somehow control...