Xbox One Controller random button pressing.

Discus and support Xbox One Controller random button pressing. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So after about a week of having my xbox one, during game play my controller just randomly presses a button. Mainly the RB or the right joystick will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by X WEES X, Jan 5, 2014.

1. X WEES X
    X WEES X Guest

So after about a week of having my xbox one, during game play my controller just randomly presses a button. Mainly the RB or the right joystick will turn in a circle without me touching them. Its really annoying to be trying to play a racing game and my
    car just turns on its own. I cant seem to find the serial number to register and get it sent for a repair. So where is the serial number? and will Microsoft fix this problem.

:)

X WEES X, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest
    Random Button Pressing?

Hey guys -

Thanks for posting. If you haven't yet, please make sure your
    controller is updated
    to the latest firmware. If after updating you are you still experiencing issues, please create a new thread detailing the issues as this thread is a couple years old.

Thanks! Xbox One Controller random button pressing. :)

Miss Bijoux, Jan 5, 2014
  3. BobMcFly247
    BobMcFly247 Guest
    Random Button Pressing?

Is this also happening when your controller is not connected to your One?If so , does it also happen when having kinect disabled?

BobMcFly247, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Xbox One Controller random button pressing.

Probably under the battery cover....and they will fix it but you have to get it to them........

RobertBuckalew, Jan 5, 2014
  5. X WEES X
    X WEES X Guest
    I looked under there but the only take 12 digit serial numbers, the controllers have 14 ive tried different cominations

X WEES X, Jan 5, 2014
  6. Ok, I think you just register the console....then call support (use the "have them call you back option" unless you like holding on) they will give you a SR # (service request) and start a ticket......then they will email you with the sad news that YOU have
    to drive and ship it to them after YOU pay the postage to do that, WHEN they get yours, they will send you one back (that is misleading though as they got mine Dec 27 and have yet to send me anything back and from what ive read here on this forum, expect at
    least a month)........I was told by them I should just "buy another one"...........

RobertBuckalew, Oct 31, 2018
  7. RobertBuckalew Win User

Ok, I think you just register the console....then call support (use the "have them call you back option" unless you like holding on) they will give you a SR # (service request) and start a ticket......then they will email you with the sad news that YOU have
    to drive and ship it to them after YOU pay the postage to do that, WHEN they get yours, they will send you one back (that is misleading though as they got mine Dec 27 and have yet to send me anything back and from what ive read here on this forum, expect at
    least a month)........I was told by them I should just "buy another one"...........
  8. RobertBuckalew Win User

Probably under the battery cover....and they will fix it but you have to get it to them........
  9. X WEES X Win User

I looked under there but the only take 12 digit serial numbers, the controllers have 14 ive tried different cominations
  10. EtremeSteaks72 Win User

Random Button Pressing?

Sorry i'm late to this thread but by any chance did you find a way to fix this problem because this is currently happening to me.
  11. TooBusyForNames Win User

Random Button Pressing?

I'm afraid that it still occurs with both items disconnected. Currently, the only things plugged into it are the HDMI in (for a TV receiver), a cord for sound, and an HDMI connecting the thing to the projector I use with it.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller random button pressing. - Similar Threads - Controller random button

2. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  3. My xbox on s controller randomly beeped and shut down and when i plug it into a cable it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox on s controller randomly beeped and shut down and when i plug it into a cable it...: I have an xbox one s and the batteries work i even tried to put new batteries which still didn't work. When i take the batteries out and plug the cable in it still makes that long beeping sound....
  4. Xbox one s controller randomly disconnected while console was off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one s controller randomly disconnected while console was off: Hello, my xbox one s controller had randomly disconnected for no reason, there’s been no problems with it and it was working fine last night, I’ve tried hard reset and trying to pair but nothing...
  5. random double a button presses registering. all games, multiple controllers, all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    random double a button presses registering. all games, multiple controllers, all...: I press the A button once and frequently any game on any system with any controller a double press is registered. All firmware and software updates are current. Systems power cycled. Batteries...
  6. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  7. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  8. My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons: Whenever I tried to use it on Xbox app (PC Version), the game controller goes nuts by rapidly switching between keyboard mapping and controller mapping. When I test it on Xbox Accessories App, I...
  9. My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons.: My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing the capture button, Y button and causes my left joystick to go down (note my controller has not suffered from stick drift in the past). This issue only...
  10. Wireless xbox controller randomly pressing buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless xbox controller randomly pressing buttons: Hi all So I recently got a wireless Xbox 360 controller, and for a few days it's been working fine, however starting today it's acting.. Weird The joystick, for example, seems to somehow control...