xbox one controller pairing issue

Discus and support xbox one controller pairing issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We recently helped our daughter move from college to back home for the summer. During the move, her (original) xbox one somehow lost its left side... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mcf5757, May 23, 2024.

1. mcf5757
    mcf5757 Guest

We recently helped our daughter move from college to back home for the summer. During the move, her (original) xbox one somehow lost its left side panel (pic) where the pairing button is. We are now trying to pair a controller, but unable to since this panel is missing.

Is there another way to pair a wireless controller? if so, how?

xbox one controller pairing issue [​IMG]

:)

mcf5757, May 23, 2024
  2. s33r Win User

Xbox 360 controller

The original Xbox 360 controllers do not support traditional Bluetooth and as such won't pair. To pair a Xbox 360 controller you will need to purchase an adapter that you plug into your PC. The official one, I believe, can still be ordered on Amazon.

If you want to just straight up pair a controller to a PC without the need for an adapter, recent Xbox One controllers use normal Bluetooth and would pair without issue - https://www.pcgamer.com/xbox-one-controller-on-pc/ will
    tell you how to spot which ones will support this as the original Xbox One controllers don't.
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Mcf5757, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Have you tried to pair the controller via a USB cable?

Once it's paired, you can remove the USB cable.

Let me know if it works!
  4. calamity 42o Win User

Xbox One Chat Headset Problem and More

Just spent almost 100$ on a pair of turtle beaches and still won't work. Obviously a controller or xbox one issue.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Switching Series X Controller between Xbox and PC

Looking at the guide it says thus:

"The Xbox Wireless Controller that comes with Xbox Series X|S includes a feature that allows for quickly switching between a paired Bluetooth device and an Xbox console or a PC using Xbox Wireless. If the controller is connected to a Bluetooth device, double-press the Pair button and the controller will immediately switch its connection to the last Xbox Wireless connection it was paired to. Then, to switch back to the paired Bluetooth device, press and hold the Pair button to start pairing mode".

This only works between a the controller paired to a PC with Bluetooth or another PC or Xbox paired via the proprietary 'Xbox Wireless' protocol. So, if you're using an Xbox Adaptor on your laptop and also own an Xbox you can only pair it to one of them. If you want to quickly swap between console and PC you'll have to use Bluetooth on the PC.

It's the same issue you'd get if you owned two consoles, you can only pair a controller to one console.
  6. cy43rguru Win User

Xbox One Windows 10 Wireless Adapter Issues

To the OPs problem for no sound and no vibration that should be fixed with the latest driver updates.

For pairing, how are you pairing the controller? I have mentioned this on other posts, one easy alternate way to pair is to have your controller connected wired to the PC, plug in the Wireless Adapter to the PC as well, wait like 5 seconds, and unplug the
    controller, the driver stack will automatically have paired the controller to the adapter, just like on the Xbox.

Once you pair the controller successfully and never use that controller for any other PC or Xbox, then the address of the adapter is saved in the controller. Repairing to the same adapter is not required. If it is not connecting, plug/unplug the adapter
    instead to reset the adapter.

We are working with our partners to address some of the major issues.
Thema:

1. xbox one controller pairing issue - Similar Threads - controller pairing issue

2. Hdmi not working after trying to pair a controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hdmi not working after trying to pair a controller.: So after 3 systems having hdmi issues i still decided to stay with xbox for whatever dumb reason. Regardless i got this one fixed awhile ago and it was working fine until a month ago 4k stopped...
  3. Xbox controller won't enter pairing mode

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controller won't enter pairing mode: hello! so ive been trying to connect my xbox controller to my ipad for an hour now and it just won't connect. it flashes for a split second before the controller just turns off. does anyone know...
  4. My xbox elite series 2 core controller is not getting into Bluetooth pairing mode. What...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite series 2 core controller is not getting into Bluetooth pairing mode. What...: I purchased a new xbox elite series 2 core controller. Yesterday I tried connecting it to my pc via Bluetooth but controller is not going into pairing mode (holding pairing button for 3 seconds)....
  5. Xbox X controller no longer pairs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X controller no longer pairs.: My Xbox ONE X controller no longer pairs to my console. It seems to be since it updated 14/04. I have tried all troubleshooting suggested and still doesn't work. It's not interference as was fine...
  6. I need help pairing my xbox one controller

in XboX Insiders
    I need help pairing my xbox one controller: So I have an Xbox 1 with 200 games on it that are very legendary and I hold dear to my heart. I stop playing my Xbox 1 and return from my Xbox Series S. Now I've want to replay the games but my...
  7. Xbox controller wont pair to pc via micro usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller wont pair to pc via micro usb: My xbox one controller wont pair to my pc properly when I connect the end and front of the micro usb to the controller and the pc I have to hold the guide button to turn it on and it pairs to my...
  8. Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement: I'm having problems connecting my xbox controller to my PC since I replaced my MOBA, the last one was a B350 and I buyed an bluetooth adapter Realtek 5.0 to connect my Xbox Controller to it, after...
  9. Xbox One Elite Controller won’t enter pairing mode

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One Elite Controller won’t enter pairing mode: I hold the sync button either constantly or for 3 seconds like most tutorials suggest but it just blinks for around 10 seconds and returns to the solid glow without ever appearing in my MacBook’s...
  10. my Xbox controller keep on paired mod and i can't connect it

in XBoX Accessibility
    my Xbox controller keep on paired mod and i can't connect it: i have this problem since 8 month i tried almost everything changing windows 10 to 11 and get back to windows 10 when i connect my Xbox controller to laptop and my phone and it work perfectly...