Xbox One Controller ONLY working in game bar, and not anywhere else, but it bleeds through...

Discus and support Xbox One Controller ONLY working in game bar, and not anywhere else, but it bleeds through... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox controller does not work anywhere but game bar, but when i have game bar open, it works in the game. Please help. ***Post moved by the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Wyzkerr, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Wyzkerr
    Wyzkerr Guest

Xbox One Controller ONLY working in game bar, and not anywhere else, but it bleeds through...

My Xbox controller does not work anywhere but game bar, but when i have game bar open, it works in the game. Please help.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

:)

Wyzkerr, Dec 5, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Xbox One Controller ONLY working in game bar, and not anywhere else, but it bleeds through into games.

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Xbox One Controller ONLY working in game bar, and not anywhere else, but it bleeds through into games.

Hello Wyzkerr,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Based on your description, you are using Xbox One Controller and is unable to use it outside Xbox Game Bar. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

To better isolate your issue, we would like to ask for few questions:

1. May we ask if you have tried to use Xbox Accessories app? Link: Xbox Accessories - Microsoft Store Apps
    2. May we confirm, what this phrase means, "... but it bleeds through into games."? Are you able to play at night?
    3. When did this issue happen?
    4. Is the controller connected wired or wirelessly?
    5. Are you playing on games installed from Xbox app or Microsoft Store?
    Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. jEBEDIAH bEANZ Win User

Multiplayer Shield Question

i like bleed through also because it stays true too how powerful certain weapons are as well. say for instance somebody has 1 health bar, full shields, one shot to the body with a sniper might kill him. in reach i quess they dident have bleed through so
    that sniper damage would only wipe out there shields and then shoot him again for the kill. thats also another thing that made halo reach pretty random with whoever wins the battles from shooting at each other.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Bought a game on Xbox Microsoft store and can't play on pc

That game would only work on the One. Since it's not available for purchase through the Windows Store, it's not a Play Anywhere title.
  6. AGN PhoenixFire Win User

xbox one headset

I am having the exact same problem, apparently several people are experiencing identical issues. One thread mentioned the same headset works in a different controller suggesting a problem with the controller instead of a problem with the headset itself.
    I would take it into game or game station if your in the uk or your game retailer if anywhere else and ask them to test your controller, to determine which is at fault. you may need to go through Microsoft support as technical problems will be covered through
    the warranty, if your unlucky enough to only have one controller like myself you could lose your controller whilst its getting repaired for anywhere from two weeks to a month.

I hope Microsoft will provide something in the form of compensation i.e..e some Microsoft currency or send out a new working controller to substitute it. After all it is there responsibility to take liability for providing defective items in the first place,
    ones of which should not of been manufactured until all bugs were ironed out.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller ONLY working in game bar, and not anywhere else, but it bleeds through... - Similar Threads - Controller working game

2. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  3. Xbox Pro Elite 2 Controller doesn't work in games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Pro Elite 2 Controller doesn't work in games.: I've drove myself crazy for hours, trying to figure out the issue. (In the past it was so easy, I'd power on the controller, the drivers automatically updated, and nothing else was needed) Now...
  4. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  5. I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...: I ran a stick drift test and it has none so it is something to do with cloud gaming. Anyone have any clue on what's going on and how to fix it? d13755ae-ae21-4815-9147-b9d6e76b5e39
  6. Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...: Why does my controller not select apps or options even though I see it responding but in games the controller works perfectly fine? It also keeps sticking to the top of the screen even though I...
  7. My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc.: My controller works perfectly fine with my Steam games, but when it comes to the Xbox app, my controller loses it's cool and forgets it is a controller (right stick moves the mouse button and the...
  8. Why is my Xbox series x controller buttons not working for my forza Horizon 5 game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox series x controller buttons not working for my forza Horizon 5 game?: Hi. My forza horizon 5 game had an issue with the menu button not working when i was playing it on the new xbox series x. When I looked up how to fix it, I used the steps to reset the console as...
  9. Controller not working on a specific game after connected to the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not working on a specific game after connected to the console: My brother connected my controller to his console (Xbox Series S), after that no matter how many times I connect and reconnect my controller to my computer, it doesn't work. I also tried system...
  10. When ever I use a controller on some games it doesn't work properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When ever I use a controller on some games it doesn't work properly: it acts like its a keyboard and mouse and some often controls are switched randomly, this doesn't happen on all games right now its only happened on 2 Red Dead Redemption 2 and Jedi Survivor. I'm...