Xbox One Controller not updating via XBOX Accessories app

Discus and support Xbox One Controller not updating via XBOX Accessories app in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have in the XBOX Accessories application in the line Firmware Version 5.13.3143.0. I also have the "update now" button active, but the gamepad does... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nikolay Meringer, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Xbox One Controller not updating via XBOX Accessories app

I have in the XBOX Accessories application in the line Firmware Version 5.13.3143.0. I also have the "update now" button active, but the gamepad does not want to update, the progress bar gets stuck at 0%, after which the gamepad just goes to sleep and turns off, the XBOX button on the gamepad just lights up, does not blink. And then an error pops up.

That is, the controller does not react at all to an update via Xbox Accessories. What should I do? Is this a warranty case?

Xbox One Controller not updating via XBOX Accessories app [​IMG]

Xbox One Controller not updating via XBOX Accessories app [​IMG]

:)

Nikolay Meringer, Oct 3, 2022
  2. Klofi Win User

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 cannot wake Windows 10 PC via controller

The Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 has the newest driver (there's no firmware update in Xbox Accessories app) and the Xbox Series controller has the newest firmware (updated via Xbox Accessories app). Didn't help.
  3. Flo W. Win User

The Xbox Accessories app on PC needs to be fixed

...and the best thing ->Microsoft Solution for "XBox One Controller Update" indicates to this crap App!!!

Quote: "You can update your controller on a Windows 10 PC via the Xbox Accessories app. This app and feature is not available on previous versions of Windows."
  4. ChiefJoboo Win User

Brand new Xbox one s controller won’t recognise headsets and volume greyed out in settings

Have you tried to update the controller with this problem with the Xbox Accessories app? Do this via USB.
  5. Mister Maka Win User

controller xbox one for PC does not work!

Hey there mitchcazza!

What happens if you start up the Xbox Accessory app first, and then plug in your Xbox One Controller via USB? If you're able to connect with the steps there, try updating your controller with the steps over on
    This Page.
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

Xbox One Controller - doesn't update via USB cable on Windows 10

This page has the detail on how to update your controller on Windows 10: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/how-to-update-xbox-one-controller-windows-10

You shouldn't need to click the connect button on the controller, just plugging it in via USB should be enough to recognize it by the computer and be able to update through the Accessories app.
Thema:

Xbox One Controller not updating via XBOX Accessories app

1. Xbox One Controller not updating via XBOX Accessories app - Similar Threads - Controller updating via

2. Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...: After deciding to update firmware (update was successful) on my model 1914 controller using Windows Xbox accessories app, when under battery power, the xbox button blinks rapidly and the...
  3. My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware: Why my Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware? The rest of my controlller updated to the firmware 5.20.7.0 without any problem, but The Elite 2 remains with 5.17.3202.0. The...
  4. Controller Won't Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Won't Update: This is a very strange one . I understand a new Firmware update for Xbsx controllers was released a few days ago (5.21) so i thought i would update my controller , on the device screen it says a...
  5. Controller Wont Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Wont Update: Hello. Im trying to update my Xbox Series X controller to the latest Firmware as although it still works it is running on version 5.17.3202.0 which is the older version. Ive tried everything from...
  6. Xbox controller update scam

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller update scam: This is my 2nd Xbox series x controller that has sticking buttons after a software update. How are Microsoft getting away with it?? Anyone else experiencing the same thing? In my opinion they have...
  7. Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.: I am attempting to update my Xbox One Wireless Controller to then connect it via Bluetooth to my PC since it is currently not appearing, however I have used 5+ micro-USB cables and one which I...
  8. Problems when trying to roll back control update

in XboX Insiders
    Problems when trying to roll back control update: My controller had problems after an update, so I tried to revert its hardware through the console, but whenever I try to revert it, a problem appears on the screen saying "There was a problem with...
  9. Controller too sensitive after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller too sensitive after update: New updates have come out & since then my controller seems over-responsive. Small taps will cause the cursor to travel quite far & characters continue moving long after I've stopped moving them....
  10. After the last update on Xbox series X, my controllers won't work unless connected via USB....

in XBoX on Consoles
    After the last update on Xbox series X, my controllers won't work unless connected via USB....: After the latest update on the Xbox series x, I can only use my controllers when they are connected with the USB cord. Turned the Xbox and controllers on and off. Still not working. This problem...